Clear All

• Northeastern Recruits

Figured I'd start a new thread for future recruits 2011 and beyond:

-Ryan Renz-LD, Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL), 4-13-17 in 49 games

-Ben Oskroba-D, Lincoln Stars (USHL), 4-11-15 in 52 games

-Ludwig Karlsson-LW, Green Bay Gamblers (USHL), 13-25-38 in 53 games

-Adam Reid-LC, Team USA (USHL), 3-3-6 points in 21 games

-Justin Kovacs-LC, Cedar Rapids Rough Riders (USHL), 16-39-55 in 55 games

-Mike McKee-LD, Kent Prep School, listed as "B" draft prospect by Central Scouting

-Garrett Haar-LD, Fargo Force, 7-16-23 in 49 games

-Cam Darcy-LC, Team USA U-17, 9-4-13 in 35 games

-John Gaudreau-LC, Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL), 36-35-71 in 57 games

-Jon Gillies-G, Indiana Ice (USHL), .911 save percentage, 2.65 GAA in 24 games played. Looks like he'll get a handful of games this season as Indiana relies on their main goalie.

-Matt Gaudreau-C, Team Comcast Midget

-Nathan Ferriero-C, Governor's Academy

-Dylan McLaughlin-C, Buffalo Regals
    Last edited by GoNU5; 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM.

Re: Northeastern Recruits

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=541129

Adam Reid is listed as one of the top draft prospects for 2011. No points so far this year, but hopefully he picks up scoring soon.

Comment

We apparently got a commitment from Center Rasmus Juell from the Cedar Rapids Rough Riders for next year. He has a 2-3-5 line, and a 5 game point streak.

Comment

More centers, I like it. Reid has impressed, Pimm shows promise, Cody probably wont stay for 4 years so this kid will probably be a 4th liner. That team he is on is ripping it, which I think is important to note. Good pick up.
        Arenas Attended
        Matthews Arena
        Agganis Arena
        Tsongas Arena
        Lawler Arena
        Schneider Arena
        Mullins Center
        TD Banknorth Garden
        Conte Forum
        Whittemore Center
        Gutterson Fieldhouse
        Alfond Arena
        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
          More centers, I like it. Reid has impressed, Pimm shows promise, Cody probably wont stay for 4 years so this kid will probably be a 4th liner. That team he is on is ripping it, which I think is important to note. Good pick up.
          Just a note, Reid isn't a center. His regular position is as a RW and he has also been playing the right point on what has passed for a powerplay. I'm not sure, but I thought Cody's natural position also was RW.

This is Juell's first year in the USHL. He is from Norway. I don't where he has been playing before the USHL, but it often takes some time to get used to the tempo in that league. He'll get good coaching from Carlson and will improve because of that and through playing with strong teammates. I'd be interested to know what sparked the coaches' interest in him.

Comment

Updated the recruits through the weekend. Ryan Renz had just come back from his injury and sounds like he's right back where he left off in terms of scoring, which is great for us.

Not sure why, but this weekend Jon Gillies got the start over Casey DeSmith (UNH recruit) for both games. DeSmith didn't even dress for either game.

Comment

Central Scouting just released their USHL Rankings of the top 29 skaters: Adam Reid is #7, Garrett Haar is #18. Oleksiask and Clay Witt are also listed among 17 draft-eligible collegians.

Comment

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=65974

Some early thoughts could have Oleksiak as a 1st rounder, which would be great. Also of note is a large number of college players and USHLers drafted, seems high compared to past years.

Comment

Recruits have been updated through this week. Gaudreau continues his solid play, and stands at close to a point per game in the USHL. Rasmus Juell has dropped off in production since his commitment, and averages about .5 PPG, while Berkle and Karlsson have risen from slow starts and gotten to roughly .5 PPG in the USHL. Garrett Haar has also picked up in terms of offensive production, and Gillies, while still being a secondary goalie, has been improving in his past games in terms of save percentage and GAA. Ryan Renz is back from his injury, but his production has fallen off a bit from a point per game to .5 PPG.

Comment

A nice article in the BCHL's magazine about us, should help boost us a bit with prospects (pages 12-14):

http://www.gonu.com/documents/2010/1..._10.pdf?id=347

Comment

Another solid weekend for Northeastern recruits. Gaudreau got a hat trick and is now tied for fourth in the USHL in scoring with 22 points in 19 games. Haar, Renz, Berkle, Karlsson and Juel are all averaging .5 PPG, so it looks like they're consistently producing, which is nice.

Comment

John Gaudreau had a pretty good weekend. If he keeps this up, I don't know how we can keep him on ice til '12 or '13 as originally planned. We need him in the lineup by, say Wednesday. Yes. That would work.

http://ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=3619

Comment

Few things before the break:

Garrett Haar, either a 2011 or 2012 recruit, is #9 on the USHL's top 10 for the 2011 NHL Draft. He seems to have started slowly but gotten much better as time has gone on, and has been listed as a rise in projections recently:
                          http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...pects_for2011/
                          http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._december2010/

The Western College Hockey Blog got a chance to see Cam Darcy play last week, here's what they had to say:

"I loved the game that Northeastern recruit Cameron Darcy had as well. Not flashy, but he's a workhorse forward that did so much dirty work for his team."

Comment

Juell just scored against Canada for Norway.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

From the Heisenberg site:
                              Justin Kovacs-LC - Cedar Rapids (USHL) 5'10 173 10-13-91

Comment

Working...
                              X