Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Recruits

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    AFAIK, All of the recruits (Gaudreau specifically, with the possible exception of Saponari) have signed and returned their LOIs. If Sebastien gets the job (assuming there is one), I believe the class will remain completely intact. He has relationships with all of the recruits and probably knows them as well or better than Cronin at this point.
    It's not a rumor, Cronin is gone. Why would he stay and work for a guy that embarrassed him over a few text messages? The fist AHL job that opens, he is gone, as he should be.

Gaudreau is actually Albie's recruit. Word has it that if Albie goes, Gaudreau is gone too. No idea about the others.

Comment

He said yesterday that he not leaving.
      To who?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        To who?
        His Uncles cat

Comment

Ryecheers.. let the rumor mongering continue, what's gonna happen will happen. We all like Cronin & thank god for Sebastian LaPlante back there as well.

Incidentally, is it confirmed that Vinny Saponari will be a Husky nxt season?..
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The only ones who benefit from this rumor mill activity are recruiters from other schools who can't wait to tell our potential recruits that our program and HC are unstable.
            Normally I'd agree with you but NU would actually need some good recruits in order for this situation to be in play.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

He said yesterday that he not leaving.
              And Leaman said he wasn't leaving Union...
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                His Uncles cat
                Why do you continue to repeat these false statements about the NU coaches?
                Greg and Sebastien will be coaching at NU next year.
                I have recently spoken to both of them and they are not amused about the lies that are being spread!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  His Uncles cat
                  We thought that cat was your "inside" source.

I understand that the comment was made to someone connected with the University.

He might have added the phrase "at this time" to his comment. If, like many of his players, his dream is to make it to the NHL, and an opportunity presents itself, I think he might take the shot. What's the point of having aspirations if you aren't prepared to try to realize them.

As for Gaudreau, Albie may have scouted him first, but the entire staff saw him play and was involved with recruiting him (and his younger brother, who is no slouch either). With Saponari coming, I suspect Gaudreau's committment to NU is firmer than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                    I have recently spoken to both of them and they are not amused about the lies that are being spread!
                    I'm not questioning you, and I am certainly not trying to give credibility to Hokiedope at all, but it would seem to me that if Cronin knows about it and is sick of the lies he could very easily make a phone call to say that it is untrue. A press statement from him or the univiersity..... The silence out of him is why there are "lies" in the first place.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      I'm not questioning you, and I am certainly not trying to give credibility to Hokiedope at all, but it would seem to me that if Cronin knows about it and is sick of the lies he could very easily make a phone call to say that it is untrue. A press statement from him...
                      pls stop with the Trump-Obama politics on here.. oh... nevermind
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                        Call up the newspaper who said this and than follow up with calls to the coaches who have been told it. Start there....

"Saponari will undoubtedly bring a lot to the table and leadership will have to be one of those qualities following the news that head coach Greg Cronin is expected to leave the program to take a coaching position in the AHL. Nearly an hour after interviewing Saponari, The Forum learned from a different source about Cronin’s expected departure"

Comment

Hoaxy dad.. while we're on the subject of rumors..

if this indeed turns out to be true.. that's it.. we're coming after Dennehy..
                          what? you don't know he used invisible ink on that contract extension? He wasn't actually sipping all of that lime juice walking into the President's office...
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

***** ROBY!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...rtheastern.php
                            Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Unsubstantiated rumor....and College Hockey News is just picking up the rumor from the Fargo article...that we all know about! I kind of expected better of CHN. There has been NO secondary confirmation....and the guy in Fargo stated he only got it from one source...actually pretty poor journalism as some one else pointed out on the net. Typical off-season over-reaction...and interestingly, it comes up when Cronin is in Europe and has other things on his plate. I personally don't think he's going anywhere! As for Saponari...if true, great....Gaudreau, Kovacs and now Saponari...are great recruits...make one hell of a "new-comers" line....can't say "rookie" line as Saponari played two years at BU.

Comment

It's not really bad journalism, this hasn't been reported as 100% fact at this point. Because the reporter apparently only as one source (weird that it's a guy in Minnesota/North Dakota who has this source) he reported it as "expected" to leave, meaning it's not a total done deal, and he's reporting a story that should be heard, and I'm assuming this is a credible source, despite it only being one source.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X