Northeastern Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Recruits

Is Haar definitely waiting until 2012? Heinsberg has him as 2011 or 2012 and I've heard that 2011 was more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies of NU View Post
      Is Haar definitely waiting until 2012? Heinsberg has him as 2011 or 2012 and I've heard that 2011 was more likely.
      I think 2011 is more likely, I'm guessing a final decision is soon, but seems to me since he'll be drafted this year the coaches will want to move him in next year. This leaves us with the following D-men:

Bitetto, Eibler, Oleksiak, Haar, Oskroba, Ellement, Drew Daniels, Ryan Renz, Hoefler, Muench (?)

I think Oskroba and Hoefler sit, neither looks like more than just depth players. Muench might not even come back, and I'll bet the coaches will want to play their top D-men over him anyway. I think Ellement might sit in favor of Renz and Haar, both are likely to be drafted, and Ellement hasn't really done what he came here to do (be an offensive D-man). I bet they keep the Bitetto-Eibler pairing, and combine Oleksiak with Haar (Haar being just 6 feet, but has good puck moving skills), and Renz and Daniels (both with some offensive talent). Honestly, I think next year's Defensive corp could have the strongest offensive punch we've seen in quite a while.

Comment

Regular season summary.....Gaudreau finished in 4th place in scoring (36-36-72/60 games) and Kovacs finished in 8th (17-42-59/58 games). Gaudreau finished as the leading scorer on the Debuque Fighting Saints and Kovacs as the leading scorer on the Cedar Rapids Roughriders. Each team won their division and the CR Roughriders won the Anderson Cup as the regular season league winners. Head-to-head, they played 7 times against each other - Gaudreau had 7 points and Kovacs 8 points. Pretty even except Cedar Rapids won 5 of the 7 games. They both should be excellent additions to the Huskies over the next couple of years.

Comment

Great article on Mike McKee: http://rise.espn.go.com/all-sports/a...ember-mag.aspx
          On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
          If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Vinny Saponari:

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=508

Sort of torn, but I think it'll be good in the end. He and Gaudreau played spectacular this year, and I'll bet they continue together next season.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
              Vinny Saponari:

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=508

Sort of torn, but I think it'll be good in the end. He and Gaudreau played spectacular this year, and I'll bet they continue together next season.
              Frankly, it sounds like Saponari has matured a great deal and had a heck of a season. I would give him a second shot if I were a coach. Speaking of coaches, of interest in that article is Cronin headed to the AHL. Not sure what the truth is in that, anyone heard any other info on that?
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                Frankly, it sounds like Saponari has matured a great deal and had a heck of a season. I would give him a second shot if I were a coach. Speaking of coaches, of interest in that article is Cronin headed to the AHL. Not sure what the truth is in that, anyone heard any other info on that?
                Yea, that's caused a lot of confusion because the same reporter broke the news of Saponari coming, and then an hour later Cronin leaving. Honestly, I (or anyone else I know of) has no idea about this rumor. Cronin leaving for a pro job had been discussed by a lot of fans when the season ended because of his suspension (plus Cronin was likely to eventually leave for the pro's anyway), but as time went on and nothing happened, it seemed he was staying. Not to mention the fact that as of today Cronin is in Europe for the IIHF tournament, which makes this story that much harder to confirm or deny.

If Cronin leaves then he makes a **** good poker player. Less than a week ago he's trashing the NHL system of snatching free agents when Brodie Reid left, and talking about how he has a lot of great players coming in or already here. Not to mention the fact that he recruited Saponari to come here. Plus the end of season banquet, where there was no indication of a departure? Cronin must have been holding this really close to his chest.

The only thing I can think of against him leaving (and really, really hoping he isn't), is that this is just a rehash of rumors earlier this spring right after the season ended, and this particular report has just picked up on what other people have heard. My biggest problem with this report is that there's no one really on the record here, the guy from Fargo reported that he's probably going to leave (having heard it from someone else), and everyone else runs with it, despite the fact we have no information on this happening. I'd love to hear what someone more connected, like Federal League, has to say.

Comment

Gees! Hope this is just unfounded rumor!!! How many recruits are coming in BECAUSE of Cronin and Albie....and if this were true....I wouldn't be surprised to see Albie move with Cronin. Hopefully when Cronin returns he will squash this immediately...if it is untrue. Silence from him could be real scary! and telling?

Comment

Originally posted by canada1 View Post
                    Gees! Hope this is just unfounded rumor!!! How many recruits are coming in BECAUSE of Cronin and Albie....and if this were true....I wouldn't be surprised to see Albie move with Cronin. Hopefully when Cronin returns he will squash this immediately...if it is untrue. Silence from him could be real scary! and telling?
                    AFAIK, All of the recruits (Gaudreau specifically, with the possible exception of Saponari) have signed and returned their LOIs. If Sebastien gets the job (assuming there is one), I believe the class will remain completely intact. He has relationships with all of the recruits and probably knows them as well or better than Cronin at this point.

Comment

I heard the Cronin leaving thing a week ago from the parent of a talented local young high school player. I was surprised to hear it and discounted it because I hadn't heard it anywhere else - yet. I'm not putting this forth as Gospel. Just sayin', you know? Could be just a rumor making it's way around the recruiting trails. Could be a case of where there is smoke.....

Comment

there was never an option of him coming back, ever

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          Really? Why?
                          DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            ..wow, sure hope you got this one wrong.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                              AFAIK, All of the recruits (Gaudreau specifically, with the possible exception of Saponari) have signed and returned their LOIs. If Sebastien gets the job (assuming there is one), I believe the class will remain completely intact. He has relationships with all of the recruits and probably knows them as well or better than Cronin at this point.
                              I believe the NCAA now allows incoming recruits to transfer with no penalty (sitting out a year) if there is a head coaching change prior to them arriving and playing. I don't know anything about your recruits or potential new coaches if this story is true, but it is a factor.
                              time to write new history

Comment

He said yesterday that he not leaving.

How about putting this to rest! The only ones who benefit from this rumor mill activity are recruiters from other schools who can't wait to tell our potential recruits that our program and HC are unstable.
                                Last edited by Ryecheers; 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X