College Hockey TV Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey TV Guide?

Is there a single site where college hockey fans can access a schedule of upcoming college hockey games which will be televised?

Re: College Hockey TV Guide?

We've all decided that television is a corrupting influence on college hockey, so nobody's going to watch games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
      We've all decided that television is a corrupting influence on college hockey, so nobody's going to watch games this year.
      That's a hot one! Instead of a boycott, the potential negative effect of television on college hockey could be minimized by anticipating problems and prudent planning. Of course, a fallback position of denial has its adherents also.

Back to the thread. Is there such a site? It could be very helpful to fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
        Is there a single site where college hockey fans can access a schedule of upcoming college hockey games which will be televised?
        Nope. Sorry.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

The INCH site http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/1...hedules_tv.htm

and the CHN site http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/tvsked.php

are pretty good but not always complete

Comment

The CHN list seems to be a bit more complete.

Also, if there are specific channels in your area that typically show college hockey (in NYS that would be Time Warner Cable Sports and sometimes SNY, though you may get lucky with a national broadcast from ESPNU or NHL Network), then I would go to their website. Either that or, to quote the many advertisements for syndicated shows out there, "Check your local listings."

With TWCS, even if a specific NY region is broadcasting a college hockey event, they will sometimes simulcast it to the other parts of the state in order to get some more exposure out there. The best way to know, though, is to check your local listings.

Comment

Last season the Big Ten network picked up a number of games after football season ended.

Does anyone know if they're planning a broadcast of the players in class or doing their homework? I'm deeply concerned and interested in the student-atheltes' overall well-being.

Comment

I always check my guide the weekend off the games to see what's on.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

BUP:
                  FYI: You won't see any telecasts of Big Ten athletes in class or studying. Television program producers can't afford to pay the Actor's Guild minimum rate on top of basic production costs.

Comment

I like nachos. Anyone else here like nachos?
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      I like nachos. Anyone else here like nachos?
                      Now, now, settle down. This was a (perhaps the first?) perfectly reasonable thread started by Osorojo. No need to go all nacho on him because of his past ones. This is a relevant topic that would be of interest to lots of fans (including this one).

I seem to recall in the past some benevolent posters also took it upon themselves to compile a list of games on TV each week, but I haven't seen that this year.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I believe I had seen another thread a month or two ago that was asking about this information, and I seem to remember a list being compiled there. I remember posting that I had not yet seen any information from Time Warner, but obviously they have now released a schedule. Perhaps it is time to revive that thread?

Comment

Working...
                        X