Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gopher Hockey Announcers

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
    The rug and woog are much better, but these new announcers are getting you used to the new Big Twelvlevn10 Announcers who are really going to suck balls in 2014.
    Well, that's something to look forward to...
    License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

I'm not looking forward to the start of road games for the Gophs. I've been at the games so far and have not watched too much of the recordings yet.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        I'm not looking forward to the start of road games for the Gophs. I've been at the games so far and have not watched too much of the recordings yet.
        If you do watch the recordings turn the sound down otherwise your ears may bleed. All they have to offer are cliches through most of the game.

Bring back Wooger.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Boring- ate least Frank and Doug were fun.
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Everyone wanted Woog gone. Woog bashing was a full time sport on this board for years. Now he's gone. Enjoy.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Everyone wanted Woog gone. Woog bashing was a full time sport on this board for years. Now he's gone. Enjoy.
              Was Woog fired?

I had heard somewhere that Woog left because he was starting to show signs of Parkinson's Disease. Perhaps that was a random rumor that has no truth to it.

I always enjoyed Woog, but couldn't stand Frank.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Was Woog fired?

I had heard somewhere that Woog left because he was starting to show signs of Parkinson's Disease. Perhaps that was a random rumor that has no truth to it.

I always enjoyed Woog, but couldn't stand Frank.
                He left on his own. I'm sure Frank leaving may have helped him make his decision. Since that is an unsubstantiated rumor I don't think it would be fair to comment on the status of his health.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  He left on his own. I'm sure Frank leaving may have helped him make his decision. Since that is an unsubstantiated rumor I don't think it would be fair to comment on the status of his health.
                  I had just heard it as a rumor, curious if someone more in the know on the situation could lend any insight on it. Looks like it was just a rumor, nothing more.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Frank might have been one of the worst play by play guys I've ever heard.
                    He wasn't the best, but he was good. If you've ever had the displeasure of listening to Pat's Weenie up in Grand Forks, you'd be longing to bring back Frank. And what announcer doesn't mess up on an opponent's name every so often. Remember this is college hockey we're talking about. You shouldn't be expecting perfection. Name me 5 better college hockey announcers than Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      I had just heard it as a rumor, curious if someone more in the know on the situation could lend any insight on it. Looks like it was just a rumor, nothing more.
                      There are some rumors out there but since I've never seen anything said by Woog himself out of respect for him I'd rather not speculate. Someone else may have heard something but it seems that everything out there is third or fourth hand at this point.

Comment

The Rug and Wooger were bad, but in a harmless, funny way. I did miss them. These new guys are boring and try too hard to be smart (which is almost imposible for anyone with rodent lineage), especially the color guys.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Doug And The Rug were the best announcers on tv.

As for cohesiveness/flow/whatever? They complemented each other very well.
                          Oh my haha, oh, haha, oh my god hahahha! The best announcers on TV?! What's in that Kool-Aid, diesel fuel?

Of course they were cohesive and complement each other, they were both drunk and homers!!
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            The Rug and Wooger were bad, but in a harmless, funny way. I did miss them. These new guys are boring and try too hard to be smart (which is almost imposible for anyone with rodent lineage), especially the color guys.
                            I agree. I always liked the wooger. Yeah, he could be annoying at times but his love of the game, I thought, always came through.
                            "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              Oh my haha, oh, haha, oh my god hahahha! The best announcers on TV?! What's in that Kool-Aid, diesel fuel?

Of course they were cohesive and complement each other, they were both drunk and homers!!
                              I agree.

They were terrible although I found them much easier to take while the Gophers struggled over the past few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post

Name some better College Hockey announcers then.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X