Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACHA Men's Division I RANKING #1

ACHA Men's Division I Ranking #1

UNION LAKE, MI - The two-time defending ACHA Men's Division 1 National Champions, Lindenwood University, received 35 of a possible 50 first-places votes to hold onto the top spot in the 2010-2011 ACHA Men's Division 1 Ranking #1. The Lions suffered its first loss of the season to Davenport, the three-time defending ACHA Men's Division 2 National Champions, which moved up to Division 1 this season. A total of six teams received first-place votes, including: Oklahoma (5), Ohio (4), Davenport (4), Penn State and Kent State.

Davenport, for the second consecutive ranking was the big mover and shaker, jumping up another 9 spots to come in at #7. Adrian and West Chester each jumped up 4 spots, while Oklahoma and Buffalo jumped up 3 spots. Oakland, Kent State, and Rhode Island each moved up a pair of spots in the poll.

The second ranking of the regular season will be released on Friday, October 22.

The 2011 ACHA Men's Division 1 National Championships will be hosted by the University of Delaware and will take place March 5-9, 2011 at the Fred Rust and Gold Arenas in Newark, DE. Sixteen teams will qualify for the tournament.

2010-2011 ACHA Men's Division 1 Ranking #1

1 Lindenwood (35) 3-1-0
    2 Ohio (4) 2-0-0
    3 Oklahoma (5) 7-1-0
    4 Penn State (1) 2-0-0
    5 Iowa State 3-3-0
    6 Illinois 4-0-0
    7 Davenport (4) 5-0-1
    8 Adrian 5-0-1
    9 Oakland 4-0-0
    10 Arizona State 2-0-0
    11 Kent State 1 4-0-0
    12 Rhode Island 4-0-0
    13 Minot State 0-2-0
    14 Delaware 2-0-0
    15 Liberty 3-3-1
    16 Central Oklahoma 0-6-0
    17 Robert Morris (IL) 2-0-0
    18 Stony Brook 2-0-0
    19 West Chester 2-0-0
    20 Michigan-Dearborn 0-4-0
    21 Western Michigan 1-1-0
    22 Canton 0-0-0
    23 Buffalo 4-0-0
    24 West Virginia 1-1-0
    25 Robert Morris (PA) 0-2-0

Others receiving votes: Slippery Rock, Rutgers, Indiana, Mercyhurst, Niagara, Duquesne, Villanova, Indiana (PA), Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Arizona, Eastern Michigan, and Lehigh.

www.achahockey.org

Re: ACHA Men's Division I RANKING #1

Davenport is again ranked a little low, they were in the pre season as well, but I expected a bigger jump for these ranks to at least into top 5 spot, if not #2. They played Lindenwood a few weeks and pushed LU to the max, it was the best two college hockey games I've seen since leaving a DI school. Both sides have some really skilled players, Davenport is a particularly scary team b/c their very skilled players are all very young Fr and So where most of the top LU players are Sr. Jr. and some So.

DU absolutely destroyed ACHA DII Central Mich. in what DU basically used as a pre-season game in September. Then split the weekend of DI play with a 2-3 SOL to Lindenwood and a 3-2 win. The swept #10 Liberty, swept #2 Ohio, and split last weekend with #5 Iowa State. And only the 2nd CMU game was at home.

The teams that face them next should be scared, not getting #2 or even top 5 should only motivate a hungry team.

Comment

Working...
    X