PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 Last Person Standing!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18

NUProf
02-06-2011, 11:43 AM
And then there were two!

"And then there were....." as used in LPS is copyrighted by badgerbadgerbadger, a wholly owned subsidiary of P&GBadgerPrez who also brings you "ECAC-West Pick 'em, the original D-III pick 'em game"

I had a bad feeling about that one

oldguard
02-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Same to you! This has been a lot of fun.

Are there new rules now that we're down to the final two? Are we forced to pick different games at this point?

I don't know! Maybe Rhett will step in and clarify that.

oldguard
02-06-2011, 02:53 PM
I had a bad feeling about that one

Sorry to see you exiting this contest. You were able to be at the game Friday night, I am still in the contest; I would have given you my pick in exchange for being at THE GAME. It was exciting on NSN but must have been much better in person.

NUProf
02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Sorry to see you exiting this contest. You were able to be at the game Friday night, I am still in the contest; I would have given you my pick in exchange for being at THE GAME. It was exciting on NSN but must have been much better in person.

It was great, and the atmosphere was electric. The student section was loud, loud, loud. The only thing that could have made it better would be if we would bring back the pep band.

Rhett
02-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Are there new rules now that we're down to the final two? Are we forced to pick different games at this point?

There are no new rules... you can still pick the same team/game as your opponent.

But I think the spectators would approve if you keep the picks interesting and play for the win. ;)

Rhett
02-07-2011, 10:54 PM
You guys were ready to go again before the previous weekend was over... I appreciate the enthusiasm. As always... picks lock at the first drop of the puck on Friday... so don't be afraid to spend the week over thinking things and second guessing yourselves.:p

Week Fourteen Picks:
oldguard - Adrian (Friday)
Pioneerfan11 - Curry (Saturday)

NUProf
02-08-2011, 06:12 AM
I give the edge to oldguard...

Pioneerfan11
02-08-2011, 07:57 AM
I give the edge to oldguard...

Unfortunately, so do I.

Rhett
02-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Advances to Week Fifteen:

Week Fourteen Pick:

Rhett
02-12-2011, 11:07 PM
No drama here... there were a pair of blowouts this week.

Advances to Week Fifteen:

oldguard
02-16-2011, 10:11 AM
OK, Pioneer, I will go first this week! Good luck!

Friday, February 18

Trinity over University of New England

Used: Trinity, Adrian, MSOE, Hamilton, Marian, Lawrence, UMD, Amherst, Southern Maine, Plymouth State, Neumann, Nichols, Geneseo, Utica, St. Scholastica

Pioneerfan11
02-16-2011, 10:45 AM
OK, Pioneer, I will go first this week! Good luck!

Best of luck to you, as well! That was one of the games I was seriously considering, but I'll go in a different direction for the sake of entertainment value. However, I'm not quire sure in what direction I will go.

Pioneerfan11
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Okay here we go...

Salem State over Westfield State on Saturday, February 19th

Used: Utica, Lawrence, Adrian, Augsburg, UMass-Boston, Williams, Marian, Amherst, Geneseo, Fredonia, Plattsburgh, Castleton, MSOE, Curry, Salem State

Rhett
02-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Week Fifteen Picks:
oldguard - Trinity (Friday)
Pioneerfan11 - Salem State (Saturday)

Rhett
02-19-2011, 12:23 AM
University of New England Nor'easters - 5
Trinity College Bantams - 4

We have one name on the 'trophy' already, it's just a question if Pioneerfan11 has company or not...

Week Fifteen Pick:

Eliminated:
oldguard - Trinity (Friday)

oldguard
02-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Pioneerfan11,

You are lucky that I picked first, you might have take Trinity. Well we will see, good luck!

NUProf
02-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Pioneerfan11,

You are lucky that I picked first, you might have take Trinity. Well we will see, good luck!

If you don't win this, I think you get to play in the losers' bracket. I don't think a champion should be allowed in. You can't win this thing and win the losers' bracket :D

UCBadger
02-19-2011, 11:36 AM
We have one name on the 'trophy' already, it's just a question if Pioneerfan11 has company or not...

Week Fifteen Pick:

Eliminated:
oldguard - Trinity (Friday)So, are you saying if both picks are wrong, this ends as a two way tie?????

(I thought both might pick again until one was right and one was wrong.)

(Of course, I also thought that when we got down to two that they had to pick different teams, so that in the end only one could be the champion.)

Pioneerfan11
02-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Pioneerfan11,

Thanks! Honestly, I was leaning towards Trinity, but decided last Sunday I was going to let you pick first this week. Dumb luck... and nothing more.

Congratulations on making it this far... it's been a lot of fun.

Pioneerfan11
02-19-2011, 03:40 PM
I see on the scoreboard thread that Salem got the win this afternoon. Woo hoo! I still keep picking in future weeks, correct?

This has been a ton of fun... thanks to Rhett for running this thing!