USCHO Upgrade - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO Upgrade - Good or Bad?

I've encountered numerous glitches in the USCHO upgrade. I'm shocked at the periodic inaccessibility to various pages with error messages such as: page cannot be found, page has redirect loop, webpage cannot be displayed. This is a very poor upgrade.

Re: USCHO Upgrade - Good or Bad?

The company that makes v-Bulletin software got bought out. The new owners are apparently not as customer-friendly. I'm a moderator on another sports board that uses it, and the owner of the board refuses to use the new version for several reasons. I don't remember all of them, because he was in a major ****ed-off rant.

Eventually he's going to migrate that board to another message board software.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

As an IT guy, I guess I have a little more patience than most, though admittedly I had believed that the major bugs would be squashed by now.

Comment

He's talking about the news website, not the discussion boards.

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        The company that makes v-Bulletin software got bought out. The new owners are apparently not as customer-friendly. I'm a moderator on another sports board that uses it, and the owner of the board refuses to use the new version for several reasons. I don't remember all of them, because he was in a major ****ed-off rant.

Eventually he's going to migrate that board to another message board software.
        Ryan Coleman
        Publisher, d3photography.com
        Photos: For Purchase
        Facebook
        Twitter

Comment

It sucks having to login every time...the old site remembered it was me
          PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Originally posted by gusforhobey89 View Post
            It still should. For some reason it sounds like it is deleting the cookie.

Comment

After you type your password, hit Tab. That should highlight the "Remember Me" box. Hit Space Bar to check the box.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Every year this site has trouble handling the traffic it generates on Friday and Saturday nights. It's funny and so sad at the same time. Props to these guys for getting the types of hits they do at these times, but still. I would think that would have been the first thing to address. It still seems to be a mess on Friday and Saturday nights. Maybe that will change as the bumps get smoothed over.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

bad
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Slooooooooooow!
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I had that problem too. I use two computers and each one required clicking on the "remember me" box. What was frustrating is that it wouldn't show a checkmark and then finally it let me click on it. It works fine now. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it (the new site)
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

A lot of links aren't working. Only occasionally do the game recap or box score links work, at least for me. I assume once they get the bugs worked out it will be much better.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I dislike the forum format more then I dislike Nick Papagorgieo
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

What? There was an upgrade?
                            Bob is making me concerned
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

the upgrade would have been 100 times better had it added true mobile web browsing support. blows my mind that in this day and age it's not built into every message board service.

weird part is that the old vbulletin software worked partially for in mobile, but now it's gone. sucks when you're trying to follow other games while at the rink

Comment

Working...
                              X