NMU at Miami - Oct 22 & 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU at Miami - Oct 22 & 23

'Cats get to make an early road trip to Ohio to take on Enrico and his "Goon Squad."

A split on the road would be nice for the Wildcats. They definitely need to take advantage of the lighter start to the schedule.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Re: NMU at Miami - Oct 22 & 23

Looking forward to some CCHA hockey! NMU fans, how are the wildcats looking this year?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      'Cats get to make an early road trip to Ohio to take on Enrico and his "Goon Squad."

A split on the road would be nice for the Wildcats. They definitely need to take advantage of the lighter start to the schedule.
      You don't consider Miami as part of that lighter start to the schedule, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
        You don't consider Miami as part of that lighter start to the schedule, do you?
        This is far from that. Tech was our lighter part to the schedule and whoops.
        GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

It's likely that NMU's winless streak will continue this weekend. Doesn't look good for the Cats.

I predict a 5-2, 5-4 Miami sweep

Comment

Can't complain about the start for Miami. 2-1-1 against two of the top 10 teams this season. Some playoff type games before the conference schedule starts. Glad we're getting this one out of the way early before Walt does his second half run. Haven't had the best of luck past few years with the cats in oxford so who knows whatll happen. Hoping for a couple wins though. Anyone know if the hirsch is gonna dress this weekend.

Comment

NMUFan: Yes and no. I don't expect Miami to roll over, but from the start of the year to Christmas, the "big" weekends are just Miami and Notre Dame. Compared to last seasons Miami, Notre Dame, Michigan State. Or 08-09's Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame (all in a row). Or 07-08's Michigan, Michigan State, Miami (all in a row).

The spacing of the schedule was one of the better ones this this season. And like WildcatGoal said, we shot ourselves in the foot already.

I hope this was a well placed offweek so the guys had plenty of time to review video.
              Last edited by aparch; 10-19-2010, 08:43 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Hawks are looking for their first sweep and the Cats are looking for their first win. Who's hungrier?

I'm just glad I'll be able to be there for most of the game on Friday and hopefully all of Saturday. Can't wait!

Go RedHawks!
                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  Can't complain about the start for Miami. 2-1-1 against two of the top 10 teams this season. Some playoff type games before the conference schedule starts. Glad we're getting this one out of the way early before Walt does his second half run. Haven't had the best of luck past few years with the cats in oxford so who knows whatll happen. Hoping for a couple wins though. Anyone know if the hirsch is gonna dress this weekend.
                  Should be, believe all debt has been paid.

To be above .500 at this point in the season is a great start for Miami with some of the question marks they had coming into the season. But like you said, Walt seems to have Miami's number over his tenure. Should be two entertaining games if anything.
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                    Should be, believe all debt has been paid.

To be above .500 at this point in the season is a great start for Miami with some of the question marks they had coming into the season. But like you said, Walt seems to have Miami's number over his tenure. Should be two entertaining games if anything.
                    Since Walt was hired - NMU's record vs Miami: 8-13-2. In CCHA playoff action only, NMU is 2-3-0.

But the spring of 2009 must still sting.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Since Walt was hired - NMU's record vs Miami: 8-13-2. In CCHA playoff action only, NMU is 2-3-0.

Yeah I was thinking more of the lines of their record at the new Goggin. Miami is 2-4-1 in the new barn against NMU. I'd guess that that is the only CCHA team with a winning record there.

Comment

New Pick to Click!
                        sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                        streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                        TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

wow interesting stat. I never would of guessed that, it seems like he has owned Miami in his tenure. Maybe its just the big games....I know Miami played well last year up there, but that record isn't what I expect. Good stuff.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Thanks to sweeneyhawkeyfan for the research.

Since 2000-2001

Before New Years Miami is 7-1 again NMU

After New Years including CCHA playoffs Miami is 7-12-2 against NMU

Really interesting numbers if you ask me.

Comment

What part of spring '09?

Nice win for the Hawks. Powerplay was humming and they played with good tempo. I like seeing Miami play faster and so far this season, they've started that way.
                              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                              X