UW-Stout Regular Season Thread 2010-2011: We're still here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UW-Stout Regular Season Thread 2010-2011: We're still here

Big Three Gone; Now Who? - http://www.stouthockey.com/2010/10/b...-gone-now-who/
    WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
    WIAC Championships: 10-11
    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Re: UW-Stout Regular Season Thread 2010-2011: We're still here

this stout hockey program should be embarrassed on the events that have happened. I wont directly blame anyone for what has happened, besides the players but some fault needs to be pointed towards the coaches/recruiters for recruiting them in the first place! I understand that they had nothing to do with the incident itself, but they put the wrong people in a position to embarrass not only their hockey team, but their reputation as a school. Coaches and teammates need to be working together to stay out of trouble, and to keep their players safe, and apparently those around their players safe.

Im very sad, hurt, and pessimistic about this Hockey program, but unfortunately now also the school.

Comment

10 Wisconsin-Stout hockey players suspended after student's death

Associated Press

MENOMONIE, Wis. — Officials at the University of Wisconsin-Stout are disciplining 10 hockey players after the death of a student injured near campus last month.

Two players charged in the death have been kicked off the team. Eight other players are suspended for the season but can be reinstated next season.

The Leader-Telegram reports officials determined the players violated the university's code of conduct.

Jared Britton of Regina, Saskatchewan, and Jed McGlasson of Kenai, Alaska, are charged with being party to felony murder and battery.

The two are accused in the death of 21-year-old Stout student Bradley Simon. The complaint alleges Simon was riding away on his bicycle after an altercation at a Menomonie bar Sept. 18 when he was shoved off his bike and struck his head. He died five days later.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDdangler View Post
        this stout hockey program should be embarrassed on the events that have happened. I wont directly blame anyone for what has happened, besides the players but some fault needs to be pointed towards the coaches/recruiters for recruiting them in the first place! I understand that they had nothing to do with the incident itself, but they put the wrong people in a position to embarrass not only their hockey team, but their reputation as a school. Coaches and teammates need to be working together to stay out of trouble, and to keep their players safe, and apparently those around their players safe.

Im very sad, hurt, and pessimistic about this Hockey program, but unfortunately now also the school.
        I would think barroom fights among college hockey players are not that unusual. Avoidable tragedies occur all the time - especially when alcohol is involved.

Unless there is a history of Stout's program I'm not aware of, I draw no conclusions about the school or the hockey program. I have only an overwhelming sense of sadness for the victim and the players involved. Without knowing the players or the circumstances, I would guess that no one was looking to take another man's life, but that this was the result of testosterone and alcohol and bad luck.

Of course, the lives of the victim's family will never be the same, but the same must hold true for the accused and their families. In an instant of bad judgment all of their lives become forever changed and - thankfully - I can only imagine the pain for everyone involved.

Comment

Welcome to the last month.... This news really isn't current.....

Comment

Lets just leave the preseason thread and start fresh here. If you want to continue writing about the death go to the other thread. I'd like to talk about hockey here, not Simon's death again....
            http://www.stouthockey.com

My College Experience:
            UW-Stout
            ^08-09 NCHA Peter's Cup Champions^
            ^08-09 NCAA National Tournament Appearance^

Comment

Stout Wins Season Opener Versus Concordia - http://www.stouthockey.com/2010/10/d...ason-with-win/

Coach Watkins Responds To Incident - http://www.stouthockey.com/2010/10/t...onds-to-death/

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo
                You sleep in the bed you make.
                Originally posted by BlueDevilAdvocate
                Lets just leave the preseason thread and start fresh here. If you want to continue writing about the death go to the other thread. I'd like to talk about hockey here, not Simon's death again....
                The players who are rostered had nothing to do with the isolated incident, zero. Therefore I'd also like to see this thread remain hockey related, this is a hockey forum, correct? There are numerous other threads if you want to discuss the incident.

Comment

Fair enough. Have fun at Marian.
                  Last edited by altazo; 10-23-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Hopefully they don't make us take communion to play...

My College Experience:
                    UW-Stout

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                      The players who are rostered had nothing to do with the isolated incident, zero. Therefore I'd also like to see this thread remain hockey related, this is a hockey forum, correct? There are numerous other threads if you want to discuss the incident.
                      +1
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Was anyone surprised that Matt Morin tallied a goal in the first game? Matt was gracious enough to help with color commentary last season, and watching him sit with us was hard becauseso many times he would show emotion as him teammates and friends struggled on the ice.

If there is one kid who loves the game of hockey and would play it till his feet were bleeding, it's Matt Morin.

Like was mentioned on Stouthockey.com, Morin was practicing with some NHL players on summer ice getting his shoulder back up to par.

I think Morin will step up and become one of our leading scorers this season.

BlueDevilAdvocate? StoutHockeyFan44, LonelyStoutFan?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilAdvocate View Post
                          Hopefully they don't make us take communion to play...
                          Well we know you guys certainly won't be the ones handing it out. By the way, who is the Peter you refer to in your signature that possesses some sort of Cup?

Comment

Morin getting some time in with his older brother definitely will help. He reminds me of Henderson, what he lacks in size he replaces with speed however.

I'd like to see some work down low and draw the defense down with a pass up to Morin who skates it in.

My College Experience:
                            UW-Stout

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                              Was anyone surprised that Matt Morin tallied a goal in the first game? Matt was gracious enough to help with color commentary last season, and watching him sit with us was hard becauseso many times he would show emotion as him teammates and friends struggled on the ice.

If there is one kid who loves the game of hockey and would play it till his feet were bleeding, it's Matt Morin.

Like was mentioned on Stouthockey.com, Morin was practicing with some NHL players on summer ice getting his shoulder back up to par.

I think Morin will step up and become one of our leading scorers this season.

BlueDevilAdvocate? StoutHockeyFan44, LonelyStoutFan?
                              Having watched the games from "the booth" you could see the emotion in Morin and I am glad we have a guy with that kind heart back on the ice/

Comment

Working...
                              X