No announcement yet.

2011 D3 Frozen Four moved back a week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 D3 Frozen Four moved back a week.

The good folks over on d3westhockey have posted a memo from the NCAA that moves the men's D-III frozen four one week later as not to conflict with the Red Baron WCHA final six.

NCAA Moves 2011 Championship Dates
    Compiled by D3WH Staff, October 14 2010

An October 13 NCAA memorandum on 2011 NCAA Men's Division III Ice Hockey Championship information announced that the Division III Championships Committee approved a date change for the 2011 Division III Men's Ice Hockey Championship.

The event will now be held March 25 and 26, 2011, which is a week later than the previously scheduled March 18 and 19. The Championship remains at Ridder Arena in Minneapolis, Minn. and the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association remains as event host.

The adjustment is believed to have been made so the Division III Championship avoids possible conflict with the WCHA Final Five (sic), which is slated to be held at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn. the weekend of March 18.

The memo was part of a standard Championship information packet sent to all "Directors of Athletics, Sports Information Directors, Head Men's Ice Hockey Coaches, Conference Commissioners and Conference Sports Information Directors of NCAA Institutions and Conferences that sponsor Division III Men's Ice Hockey."
    BTW, Charlie, D^2, anyone else see this?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 2011 D3 Frozen Four moved back a week.

I didn't see it. But that doesn't mean it didn't come.

I did call Ridder/Mariucci Arena though on Tuesday or Wednesday last week to confirm that the D-III tournament was the 25th and 26th. Guess D3Westhockey beat me to the official announcment. I thought everyone already knew about it. But guess not.

Missed that boat.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Seriously!?!? The double header was one my primary selling points in talking the wife into going to Minnesota in March. Dammnnnnn!

r
      Last edited by cetihcra; 10-18-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

They should just keep the frozen four in lake placid like it has been. I know it is a long trip for a majority of people including myself but i went three years in a row and would not hesitate to go back. There is just so much history and tradition involved in that town and especially that rink. it is a great experience for both fans and players. i hope it makes its way back there soon.
        Lets Go EC!

Comment

You need to look around a little more......

Not too happy...already took the vacation off for the other weekend....good thing I didn't get my flight tickets yet....
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

What also has to be asked or found out, is the whole tournament kicked back a week, or is there a week off between the quarterfinals and the FF????
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I was under the understanding that there is a week off between the Quarterfinals and the FF.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

It's not the Frozen Four, Joe. Don't make me break out the lawyers on you.

That said, it has been moved whether anyone else wants to report on as much or not.
                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  I was under the understanding that there is a week off between the Quarterfinals and the FF.
                  If this is true, could somebody with a brain please make it so the Opening Round is when the Quarterfinal Round would have been and the Quarterfinals move to what would have been the off week?

Hockey on Saturday is always better than hockey on Wednesday, as is avoiding two short turn arounds for three teams who advance out of the opening round. And maybe this way Webb will be slightly less off the handle when SNC has to play in the opening round this year.

(Yes, I realize this means the teams getting a bye into the QF would have a week off, but somewhere, ether four or five teams will get a week off. Seems better to do it this way to me)

(Yes, I also realize this would require somebody of intelligence working in the NCAA. But I figure there are enough coaches reading this board or having someone read this board for them that somebody can pass it up along the line)
                  2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
                  2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
                  2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
                  Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
                    If this is true, could somebody with a brain please make it so the Opening Round is when the Quarterfinal Round would have been and the Quarterfinals move to what would have been the off week?

Hockey on Saturday is always better than hockey on Wednesday, as is avoiding two short turn arounds for three teams who advance out of the opening round. And maybe this way Webb will be slightly less off the handle when SNC has to play in the opening round this year.

(Yes, I realize this means the teams getting a bye into the QF would have a week off, but somewhere, ether four or five teams will get a week off. Seems better to do it this way to me)

(Yes, I also realize this would require somebody of intelligence working in the NCAA. But I figure there are enough coaches reading this board or having someone read this board for them that somebody can pass it up along the line)
                    Too logical - I think that is an excellent idea, which is why it will never happen. Given an opportunity to do something logical or something that makes no sense, we know which one the NCAA inevitably picks
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                    X