Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battle of interstate 94: Huskies @ Gophers

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It would be nice but the trendline says otherwise.
    Just sayin', Scoobs. I will enjoy the games reagrdless, but it would be fun if they actually showed up to play for even 3/4 of a game. I agree with you it doesn't seem likely (especially with the Gophers defense, or lack thereof), but we'll just have to wait and see.

p.s. Glad to see our real ScoobyDoo has returned
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

It would be nice but the trendline says otherwise.
      No trends have been established yet. You're letting your psychosis get the better of you again.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        No trends have been established yet. You're letting your psychosis get the better of you again.
        We've seen the exact same pattern all 4 games this year. The team takes entire periods off and then plays the way we would want/expect them to for other periods. It's a definite trend.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

We've seen the exact same pattern all 4 games this year. The team takes entire periods off and then plays the way we would want/expect them to for other periods. It's a definite trend.
          That's true for many teams at the beginning of the season. I prefer to give a young team more than 4 games before I talk about trends. Your sample size is too small in more ways than one.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            That's true for many teams at the beginning of the season. I prefer to give a young team more than 4 games before I talk about trends. Your sample size is too small in more ways than one.
            I have 3 plus years of evidence to suggest that this trendline doesn't change. If this truly was a new season after a typical Gopher year I would not be even considering this a trend.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's your problem. Your argument is based upon irrelevant covariates not reliable independent variables. You're wound up pretty tight Scooby...are you sure you'll make it through a season without jumping?

Comment

I have 3 plus years of evidence to suggest that this trendline doesn't change. If this truly was a new season after a typical Gopher year I would not be even considering this a trend.
                I came into this season with low expectations, especially with the loss of Leddy, who by the end of last season was starting to show signs he could have had a special season this year. After a few seasons of playing below their potential, it was hard to get too fired up. But Scooby has saved me once again. I was frustrated after last weekend, focusing on the periods that MN failed to show up, especially the first period on Saturday when they should have come out looking for revenge and a chance to prove themselves. However, now that I see the vastness of Scoobs pessimism, I can feel optimistic in comparison. I can look at the fact that they didn't just roll over completely once they fell behind, but actually started to play. And they appear to be able to put more points up this year, which was the biggest shortcoming last year. Defensively, they have a long way to go. But a lot of the defensive problems weren't positioning or bad turn-overs so much as guys standing around doing nothing and just getting beat to the puck. (Not that there weren't some gaffes.) If Lucia can find a way (as he demonstrated he could early in MN and in CC) to get the players to actually keep moving and have some drive for an entire game, I think they could still have a good season. They've got the talent if they can just use it consistently.

Thanks Scoob!

ps. Bronzeback, I am guessing your name refers to a preferred hobby, but if so, does that hobby happen to also be related to your career, by chance? Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                  You're absolutely right, how dare Husky fans act proud. Personally, I was so ashamed at my momentary lapse of joy after watching SCSU win their first ever NCAA game in person that I immediately went home and flagellated myself.

Also, maybe I'm reading the wrong thread, but show me a quote from an SCSU fan that even comes remotely close to "haughty".
                  My one tongue in cheek comment obviously speaks for the rest of our fanbase. Thank you for pointing out our flaws with your glaringly idiotic generalizations. We could sit back and try out the painfully transparent sandbagging that your fans are perfecting.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Scooby helps many of us Gopher fans and I appreciate that.

I think the positive (I know a foreign word) this year for me at least is that we seem to be able to score some goals which we could not do last year. So there will be a chance to stay in some games until the D can work out the costly mistakes. If we don't dig too deep a hole the first half the 2nd half should be much better this year.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

That is exactly what I said after the game on Friday last weekend. There is one major difference between this team and last year's. I think last year's team would have gone out to a two or three goal lead and found a way to **** it away late OR they would have fallen behind by three or four goal like they did and it would just be a matter of whether the other team scored five goals or six on their way to a win. At least in both losses they showed a little bit of grit and fought back to make it a game. That doesn't fix the defensive lapses, but it gives me hope that if they get the defense in shape, this team can actually score.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I agree. They can score this year. But, last year when they couldn't score they usually kept the other teams scoring in check. Trading one for the other is not a recipe for success. When I saw them score against UMASS I was heartened into thinking that the defense would eventually pick it up. But, now I'm not so sure as it seems the entire team is into taking periods of hockey off. So, I'm starting to think that the team has completely flipped into all in for scoring and all out for defensive play. There has to be a balance somewhere.

Comment

This board is fancy
                          SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                            This board is fancy
                            Almost too fancy.

Taking the wife (kids shipped out for MEA) and heading to Cloudy Town tomorrow to Rock Homecoming and watch SCSU win on Friday night.

Go Husckeys!

Comment

I am not sure if it is the new design of the board or what. I just made some popcorn and sat down at my computer to catch up on the happenings this week. Page 4?

Did the bandwagon lose a hitch and oxen die?

"BANG," "WHAM," "POW"
                              "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                                Almost too fancy.

Taking the wife (kids shipped out for MEA) and heading to Cloudy Town tomorrow to Rock Homecoming and watch SCSU win on Friday night.

Go Husckeys!
                                I hope that you are intending on watching the game on TV while you are in St. Cloud....
                                "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

Working...
                                X