Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officials' names on their uniforms - Gone... CCHA only? Rule change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officials' names on their uniforms - Gone... CCHA only? Rule change?

Noticed this at MSU's first exhibition game and thought it was something to do with that (like they were Western Ontario's crew or something, IOW... it was a Canadian thing). Then I saw that it was Shegos!!! I noticed again against Maine, no names on their uniforms.

Did the NCAA take them off to try to cut down on abuse from the stands?
    maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Re: Officials' names on their uniforms - Gone... CCHA only? Rule change?

I noticed the same thing this weekend during the Brice up here and the same question was discussed amounst us! I thought it was to minimize the ragging.
    Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

The ECAC (at least for the RPI games I have attended) continues to use not only names on the back, but also numbers on the upper arm. I wasn't at the Northeastern game, so I don't know about Hockey East.
      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-17-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Hockey East actually went the opposite way this year. They haven't had names the last few years and now they do again.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

The officials haven't had their names on their uniforms the past few years in Hockey East, but they were back last week when Maine opened up at home.

Comment

I might as well add, as a note, that for a couple years (2005 to maybe about 2007 or 2008, I can't remember), the ECAC experimented with no names on the back. Expect this to be a couple year experiment before returning to names on the back.

Comment

Working...
            X