Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT & Niagara @ RPI & Union (10/22, 10/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT & Niagara @ RPI & Union (10/22, 10/23)

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
    you have it wrong. the umass lowell players got ****ed off at the hecklers and smashed the glass with their sticks. the way security and other people spin it is awful. umass lowell has no class and needs anger management classes.

Komey: He gave up 4 goals. so did madalora. Madalora played against an awful team. Watson. not so much.
    The husband of USCHO poster leswp1 got scalp injuries from the glass.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      The husband of USCHO poster leswp1 got scalp injuries from the glass.
      was he sitting there or umass person? because those injuries were scratches. the bandaids were funny looking.

Comment

was he sitting there or umass person? because those injuries were scratches. the bandaids were funny looking.
        I don't know. leswp1 mentioned it http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4896341. It doesn't sound serious.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I don't know. leswp1 mentioned it http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4896341. It doesn't sound serious.
          well.. it's good to hear he's ok.

Comment

One guy got stitches. Mr les bled all over the pillow. they weren't just scratches. They waited to stitch the guy until after the game. The fans shattered the glass that one of the coaches and Mr Les was leaning on. No player hit the glass with a stick. They were against it and kerbloooey!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              One guy got stitches. Mr les bled all over the pillow. they weren't just scratches. They waited to stitch the guy until after the game. The fans shattered the glass that one of the coaches and Mr Les was leaning on. No player hit the glass with a stick. They were against it and kerbloooey!
              we were talking about this in another thread. don't move threads. Changing and jumping places is annoying. Also, glass doesn't break from hands hitting it. leaning on it. possibly.

Comment

we were talking about this in another thread. don't move threads. Changing and jumping places is annoying. Also, glass doesn't break from hands hitting it. leaning on it. possibly.
                still can't believe that glass shattering... It was like 10 feet directly to my left.

What i saw happen: I turned and looked didn't hear it and saw the glass all over the place, originally thought it was ice. As i looked over I saw a umass lowell player tapping the other one.

What i think happened: Umass lowell player got ****ed off at that heckler (who was actually quite annoying, but fun)

What the BCA did: Kicked the kid (who was really ****ed and pleading his innocence, even tho he insighted it) who wasn't even sitting behind the glass one that broke and they also cleared that row. he was a good 2-3 feet over. (Nothing to the umass players or staff)

Later.... Another kid heckled from right there and Umass' player "edwards" (#7 i believe) walked around the glass and pointed his stick at the guy and said something. security was standing there and did nothing.

In end: Blue Cross staff is crap and RIT needs an arena as big as it so we don't need to rely on crappy security at a non-RIT owned arena. The fact that we filled the arena is more than enough proof we need a new one. (And yes this spin of the event is awful).
                So, who should we believe? You or you?
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  So, who should we believe? You or you?
                  i gave my theories. but from the way the glass fell and what breaks glass. I surmise that it was not the fans but someone on the UML side of the glass. end of story.

edit: also, nice way to take things out of context. love when people are trolls like that. I originally entered this forum thinking it was gonna be fun. turns out it's a tight knit community that isnt open to new people and is a bunch of trolls. I am sad to hear this and surprised to see there are no moderators even remotely interefering.
                  Last edited by Zyklon; 10-17-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    So Watson gives up 4 goals and played 10x better than Madolora in a loss? I agree that Ropponen has looked great so far this year - but don't you find it interesting that this was the year he gets his first start? There must be a reason ....
                    I saw both the game Watson started and the game Maladora started. Watson was much, much, much, MUCH better in his loss than Maladora was. The Tigers were outplayed for 40 minutes against UNO and couldn't hang on to their early lead. They outplayed UMass for the entirety of the game - except for perhaps the first 10 minutes when neither side could get a scoring chance....except UMass scored anyway because Maladora couldn't keep a weak backhand from an impossible angle from squeaking through his legs.

Comment

Disagree on that goaltending, yes when it comes to Ropponen and Watson. No when it comes to Madalora. A bunch of the goals he let in were easy stops. He's awful.
                      Even if your rep sucks, I must agree with you on this. I have never been so frustrated with RIT Hockey as I was saturday.

Easy goals plagued RIT. Honestly his defenders did every thing they could of done to protect him. He just sucks. I am sorry to say that about an RIT player but everyone played great! But the one person that can't suck did.

Good thing is that we have two other goalies to choose from. I still love you Madalora because your an RIT player but please stay away from net!

On a postive note. Rochester is not an Amerks town, its an TIGER CITY!!!!
                      R I T HOCKEY
                      Frozen Four
                      Elite Eight
                      NCAA Tournament
                      2010-2015-2016
                      RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

well, the thread got a bit hijacked but maybe we can get back on topic here.

any representatives from the respective teams want to give a quick rundown on their teams? strengths, weaknesses, style of play, players to watch, etc.

is their a section for away fans at either venue? can't speak for niagara but i would expect rit to have a few fans in town. also, things like easy parking for the arena and local bars / restaurants might be handy for any fans visiting the capital district.

these pairs of teams are close enough to where i think some solid rivalries can be established for future years, especially considering how similar rpi and rit are.
                        i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
                          well, the thread got a bit hijacked but maybe we can get back on topic here.

any representatives from the respective teams want to give a quick rundown on their teams? strengths, weaknesses, style of play, players to watch, etc.

is their a section for away fans at either venue? can't speak for niagara but i would expect rit to have a few fans in town. also, things like easy parking for the arena and local bars / restaurants might be handy for any fans visiting the capital district.

these pairs of teams are close enough to where i think some solid rivalries can be established for future years, especially considering how similar rpi and rit are.
                          RPI: Strengths appear to be defense including goal (Allen York). The offense took a serious hit due to pro defections, however Chase Polacek was a Hobey finalist last year. Also, Tyler Helfrich appears to have regained the form he had as a freshman. On defense, everyone seems good. I'd single out transfer Nick Bailen. The style of play is supposed to be speed, but it may not turn out that way. As to speed special mention should be given to freshman Johnny "Rocket" Rogic. There's a you tube video out there of him splitting the defense that's worth watching.

The former visitors section at the HFH has been removed. Someone else will have to comment on where visitors are now. Similarly someone local should comment on bars etc.

Edit: Rogic video. The play starts at about 40 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzPCyticMI
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-18-2010, 09:40 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph gave a pretty clear indication that we're built from the goal out this season, with the leadership of York (and Merriam) determining just how far we go this season. CJ Lee and Josh Rabbani are a couple guys who might not show up on the score sheet, but you'll definitely know they're on the ice.
                            This map is a little outdated (Section 1 doesn't exist anymore, and the pep band is at the top of Section 13, instead of on the stage), but the visitors usually get stuck in Sections 19-21 (quite possibly behind a pole, if you're unlucky enough). If you're feeling adventurous, go for Sections 9 or 10.

For parking, it's either $3 (someone make sure that price is correct) to park next to the fieldhouse, or you can park on the street (Peoples, Sherry, and Burdett are your best choices) if you show up early enough.

Brown's Brewing Company has a great brewpub downtown. Ryan's Wake is a straight-up bar, but I haven't been in a while, so I can't speak to the crowd. If you're looking for more of a dive bar, then I suggest The Ruck on 3rd Street. For food, Brown's, the Notty Pine has a lot of old-time charm, or Pizza Da Vinci or Pizza Bella (that's not it's real name, but everyone on campus calls it that) has pretty good slices.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Also, glass doesn't break from hands hitting it.
                              Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Hoepfully it's not like the last time RPI and RIT played each other, where, forget the clock, first to 10 wins.
                                And RIT's freshman goalie was left out there for all 10. Trial by fire I guess. http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...vs-rensselaer/

Edit: I'm pretty sure the other goalies were either dinged up or sick (RIT dressed a defenseman as backup goalie at least once that season IIRC), but it's funnier this way.
                                Last edited by emmpee; 10-18-2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X