online broadcasts;please rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online broadcasts;please rate

After a wonderfully broadcast game of UNH at Syracuse last week, last nights broadcast from RPI left much to be desired. One camera, no zoom and no commentator. I kept getting bumped, and finally just went to livestats. Vermont had similar broadcast last season.

Maybe listing home Internet broadcasts with quality of feed, quality of video, whether or not there is play by play might help some of us avoid the hassle and frustration of trying to watch a game whose quality of broadcast is less than worth the $7 or so bucks. Simply watching the action go back and forth so far away you cannot see numbers and barely can tell which team is which is not "broadcasting". If schools charge for this, there should be some expectation that you can see the action and tell who is who.

Perhaps evaluating this online will encourage athletic departments to actually improve the quality.

Re: online broadcasts;please rate

Last night's RPI game was better than the Friday before. Was not able to even get the game even though paid for it.

Last Saturday's RPI game was the best broadcast that I have seen in a long time. WRPI-TV broadcast it (carried by AmericaOne (old B2TV)) with announcers and multiple camera angles. Last night's broadcast was more typical when the men's game is being broadcast on WRPI radio. No announcers and a newbie running the camera. He did much better than anticipated however!

Comment

Too often I'm stuck with B2TV's crappy video quality, so I don't get to see a lot of video feeds produced in-house by other schools. But so far North Dakota's got the best that I've seen. Commentators who actually know what they're talking about, sound like they've done their homework and can even pronounce many of the players' names correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry unh View Post
        After a wonderfully broadcast game of UNH at Syracuse last week, last nights broadcast from RPI left much to be desired. One camera, no zoom and no commentator. I kept getting bumped, and finally just went to livestats. Vermont had similar broadcast last season.

Maybe listing home Internet broadcasts with quality of feed, quality of video, whether or not there is play by play might help some of us avoid the hassle and frustration of trying to watch a game whose quality of broadcast is less than worth the $7 or so bucks. Simply watching the action go back and forth so far away you cannot see numbers and barely can tell which team is which is not "broadcasting". If schools charge for this, there should be some expectation that you can see the action and tell who is who.

Perhaps evaluating this online will encourage athletic departments to actually improve the quality.
        What you saw last night was typical "game film" coverage that is later used by coaches to break down the game. Seems that unless there is a Communications major, and television production classes offered, there is little chance of getting broadcast quality productions.

Comment

Anyone trying to watch today's Union - UNH game? I am watching the "connecting circle chase it's tail, but thus far no video or sound
          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
            Anyone trying to watch today's Union - UNH game? I am watching the "connecting circle chase it's tail, but thus far no video or sound
            I tried to watch the Robert Morris-Northeastern game, which I believe uses the same video service. I was unable to get anything other than a screen saying "please stand by" for the entire game, although I was able to get the audio broadcast.

Comment

Working...
            X