Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

I'm with Chuck and 60, the new in season thread.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a banner raised for Geoffrion's Hobey Baker Award? I think it would be pretty neat to have Sebastian and Brice raise it.
    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Nice to see someone step up and start a new thread.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I have to stick up for the old timers, myself included.
      If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Sounds like the lineup will probably be the same as they were in practice Wed.

Murray-Smith-Zengerle
        Turnbull-Lee-Barnes
        Johnson-Dolan-Little
        Mersch-Dahl-Hartzog

Gardiner-Ramage
        Johnson-Schultz
        Springer-Simonelli

Gudmandson
        Bennett

I would expect Clark to get a shot on Saturday in favor of Hartzog and Faust to rotate in for either Simba or Springer. Bennett should get the Saturday nod as well.

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fcGFIA6tHRQ?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fcGFIA6tHRQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

FYI = Saturday's game will be played Sunday afternoon... probably due to the FB game v OSU.

Also... Post your thoughts on how Sebastion Geoffrion looks and plays in this series. I can tell you that he likes to get under the skin of the opposition but this series will be a real challenge for him and the guys. I'm expecting Brice to play in one if not both of these games as well. Good luck... but not too much.
            Doug
            UAH 1974
            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

What a stupid thread title.

ETA: Thank God the old smilies are back...

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                what a stupid thread title.

Gimme a minute and I'll start an alternative thread with a better title!
                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-15-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                  FYI = Saturday's game will be played Sunday afternoon... probably due to the FB game v OSU.

Also... Post your thoughts on how Sebastion Geoffrion looks and plays in this series. I can tell you that he likes to get under the skin of the opposition but this series will be a real challenge for him and the guys. I'm expecting Brice to play in one if not both of these games as well. Good luck... but not too much.
                  Sea-bass was able to navigate from the box to the locker room quite well after his game dq for head contact.

We left after the second and heard the interview with Papa Geoffrion on the radio and he said a really nice "Thank You" to all of Wisconsin for the experience that Blake got to have here. Classy guy and really nice in person as he sat in my section for the 4 years that Blake was here.

Good luck to the other two Geoffrions after this weekend!

Comment

Badgers did a great job capitalizing on power-play opportunities. Chargers were weathering the storm early, then Seabass took that penalty, and then ... phew.

Wish I were in Madison this weekend. I was at the Kohl for Eaves's first series as coach back in 2002-03, also against UAH. I think he's a good guy, and I root for Wisconsin whenever they're not playing the Chargers.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Schultz looks like the 2nd coming of Brendan Smith on the PP.

I thought Springer held the puck a bit too much and didn't pass it quickly.

Podge took 2 really bad penalties, the slash and the hook. A guy with that much experience should not be taking dumb penalties like that.

UW really didn't force the UAH tenders to make too many big saves. Not a lot of high to the glove side shots. Don't know if that was by design or not.

Overall another nice confidence building game for the team. They need to keep the hammer down, play as a team and not get complacent after a couple easy wins.

I'm already looking ahead to DU, wondering how they will play against more tough competition.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I know we played UAH but we looked really good. Watch out for the Badgers this year. Also I think the title is pretty good.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                          Correct. Big Ten is showing the Badgers at that time, but it's the men's soccer team against MSU, not the hockey team.
                          Originally posted by Innova View Post
                          Just to make sure, tomorrow's game is only streaming online...it isn't actually going to be on the big ten network, correct?

Looks like today's game will also be tape delayed and re-run on the "actual" BTN (television side) on Tuesday at 3pm. I'm assuming it'll be the same feed you'd get from the BTN online version today. You know, so there's that too.

This is my first Badgers hockey season with DirecTV.....how do you guys with DTV watch games that aren't on FSN? I live in sort of a rural area (Lomira) which means we're sort of stuck in the Bermuda Triangle as none of the over the air feeds of WPT from Madison, Green Bay, nor Milwaukee seem to reach us.
                          Last edited by parkside21; 10-17-2010, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Great weekend for UW. 2 wins are exactly what they needed and 12 goals is icing on the cake.

now the big test in Denver

ps - can we close one of the 2 threads already? I thought we ran these until they were locked prior to starting a new one?
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Great weekend for UW. 2 wins are exactly what they needed and 12 goals is icing on the cake.

now the big test in Denver

ps - can we close one of the 2 threads already? I thought we ran these until they were locked prior to starting a new one?
                              Agreed! No disrespect to UAH, but they were the hockey team's Austin Peay. It's nice to score goals, but next weekend the lights come on for real. I'm excited that the season is finally here and can't wait to see the "youngsters" in action.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                              X