Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU vs. UMass 10/16 & 10/22 - A two-week thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU vs. UMass 10/16 & 10/22 - A two-week thread!

Seriously, who came up with this schedule? Neither team has a game Friday. Wouldn't a home-and-home on consecutive nights make more sense than a home-and-home with five days in between?

Anyway, BU comes in ranked 10th in the country after recording a pair of one-goal wins over Wisconsin and Notre Dame in the Ice Breaker. Warsofsky had 2 G and 3 A, Pereira the Elder had 3 G and freshman Sahir Gill turned some heads with 1 G and 4 A.

UMass is 0-2 after a pair of hard-fought losses at Minnesota. The Minutemen hung tough both nights and actually outshot the Gophers on the weekend, but it wasn't enough. Syner had 2 G, Marcou the Younger had 1 G and 2 A and Pereira the Younger had his first collegiate goal.

One thing's for sure- these two teams will have plenty of time to figure each other out. If it doesn't work in Game 1, you have a whole week to work on it before Game 2.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Re: BU vs. UMass 10/16 & 10/22 - A two-week thread!

UMass' fanz are mean.
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      UMass' fanz are mean.
      New England Hockey Journal has U Mass ahead of BU, which I dont see but after 2 strong games vs MN, it might be interesting

Comment

It makes no sense that Umass is at BU this weekend it would make a lot more sense to flip the games around. Umass has homecoming this weekend vs Richmond and are expecting a sellout for the football game of course I'm skipping the football game on Saturday to see BU hopefully win in the home opener.

National
        Organization of
        Men
        Against
        Amazonian
        Masterhood

Comment

^ I agree with this. It's pretty dumb. Not only is there a football game in Amherst this week, but the football team is also playing at Gillette next week. I'm gonna have to miss the hockey game this week. I'll probably drive out to Amherst for Friday's game and then drive back to Boston and then drive out to Foxboro for football.

Flipping the home sites would allow us to partake in football and hockey during homecoming, plus would require less driving around the Commonwealth next week.
          #NewMass

Comment

FL-how could you not title this "Brother vs. Brother"? It's Pereira vs. Pereira, round one!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              FL-how could you not title this "Brother vs. Brother"? It's Pereira vs. Pereira, round one!
              Just liked the idea of a two-week thread better, I guess. Also, bump.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Curious to see Pereira the younger and the rest of the Mass frosh. The looked pretty good in the exposition, acquitted themselves well in Minny, but what can they do against Hockey East competition. We'll get an idea Saturday night.
                More Cowbell!

Comment

Originally posted by HATSOFF View Post
                  Curious to see Pereira the younger and the rest of the Mass frosh. The looked pretty good in the exposition,
                  They were in an exposition? I hope they had a very informative booth set up!
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

My game preview.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      They were in an exposition? I hope they had a very informative booth set up!
                      Yeah - new definition. That's what happens early in the morning when spell check gets ahead of the gray matter.
                      More Cowbell!

Comment

Gameday. And a reminder that we'll be live blogging for anyone not attending.

Comment

I have to say I'm a tad disappointed in the BU fans for only one weak attempt at a "Joey's better" clap clap clapclapclap chant. I'm expecting a "Michael's better" chant from the UMass fans on Friday.

How long is Dainton going to be out for? Because I thought this back up did a very good job.

Comment

I have to say I'm a tad disappointed in the BU fans for only one weak attempt at a "Joey's better" clap clap clapclapclap chant. I'm expecting a "Michael's better" chant from the UMass fans on Friday..
                            you should only be expecting a "f$*k you BU" come friday
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I have to say I'm a tad disappointed in the BU fans for only one weak attempt at a "Joey's better" clap clap clapclapclap chant. I'm expecting a "Michael's better" chant from the UMass fans on Friday.

How long is Dainton going to be out for? Because I thought this back up did a very good job.
                              You actually think UMass students would take the time to know they're related?
                              time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                              X