Miami University at St. Cloud State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami University at St. Cloud State

I might make a semi-rare appearance at the Friday game. I'll be up there for a wedding the following night.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: Miami University at St. Cloud State

I hate you.

I was supposed to be up there this weekend, but nnnnoooooo. The in-laws changed the date of the bonfire to the weekend after.

SCSU better take one game.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

From the accounts I have seen the Huskies looked like sh#t both games last weekend. The only good thing is they haven't played their so called "A" line up yet and it is early in the season. It should be interesting to see what Motzko says tonight on his coaches show......

These are huge games when it comes to the Pairwise. Let's hope the team comes out flying and the students actually show up to non-conference game's! This is the first really good non-conference game at the NHC is long time. IF we don't have two sell outs this weekend it is a disgrace!!!!
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        From the accounts I have seen the Huskies looked like sh#t both games last weekend. The only good thing is they haven't played their so called "A" line up yet and it is early in the season. It should be interesting to see what Motzko says tonight on his coaches show......

These are huge games when it comes to the Pairwise. Let's hope the team comes out flying and the students actually show up to non-conference game's! This is the first really good non-conference game at the NHC is long time. IF we don't have two sell outs this weekend it is a disgrace!!!!
        There won't be sellouts this weekend. Most of the students don't know the school name, and therefore won't bother making a special effort to see them.

I just hope that the Huskies took the Saturday night game to heart, realizing that just because they were picked to do so well in the preseason rankings that they actually do have to show up and skate a hard game in order to earn a win.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Hey SCSU Folks! Hoping for some good hockey this weekend between these two squads, though obviously both teams have a lot to work on after this past Saturday. Will there be a free broadcast of any kind available for this series?
          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
            Hey SCSU Folks! Hoping for some good hockey this weekend between these two squads, though obviously both teams have a lot to work on after this past Saturday. Will there be a free broadcast of any kind available for this series?
            The radio feed is free on the KCML website. If you want a Video stream you have to pay. If you go to the SCSU website they have links if you want to watch.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              There won't be sellouts this weekend. Most of the students don't know the school name, and therefore won't bother making a special effort to see them.

I just hope that the Huskies took the Saturday night game to heart, realizing that just because they were picked to do so well in the preseason rankings that they actually do have to show up and skate a hard game in order to earn a win.
              The Students suck these days..... They have a lot less student tickets these days compared to the 90's and early 200's and they still can't pack the students section..... I am actually hoping since this is the first series at home the student section is mostly full.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

The Students suck these days..... They have a lot less student tickets these days compared to the 90's and early 200's and they still can't pack the students section..... I am actually hoping since this is the first series at home the student section is mostly full.
                It's the old argument now, isn't it? I blame the school as much as the students with regards to that. That place used to be raucous fun, the only thing they with which the school/security made any serious attempts to stop was protesting the protesters. Then they duped the students into organizing a club. At the same time the then-current crop of students were dumb enough (ETA: you might even call them UMD-ish in their stupidity) to not take a moment to think about the potential drawbacks of organizing.

Morris Kurtz still sucks.
                Last edited by St. Clown; 10-11-2010, 12:53 PM.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Here's the deal: If the Huskies play like they did last Saturday, they won't win another game this season.
                  We will see if they learned anything from that night. I can't remember watching a Husky game where they were down by 2 goals after the 2nd period and didn't even manage a scoring chance in all of the third period. Incredible. This weekend will be a good test.

So, Miami sucked last weekend, too?
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                    Here's the deal: If the Huskies play like they did last Saturday, they won't win another game this season.
                    We will see if they learned anything from that night. I can't remember watching a Husky game where they were down by 2 goals after the 2nd period and didn't even manage a scoring chance in all of the third period. Incredible. This weekend will be a good test.

So, Miami sucked last weekend, too?
                    I wouldn't go that far. Miami played very well on Friday, but Saturday they were mediocre and had a VERY BAD 10-minute span in the 2nd period during which they gave up 5 goals. I lost count of the UNH odd-man rushes.
                    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                      I wouldn't go that far. Miami played very well on Friday, but Saturday they were mediocre and had a VERY BAD 10-minute span in the 2nd period during which they gave up 5 goals. I lost count of the UNH odd-man rushes.
                      Sound a lot like us on Saturday.
                      One awful period really did us in.
                      It was like they weren't mentally in the game.
                      Friday was a little rusty but the effort was there, especially on defense.
                      The cripsness we were used to seeing obviously wasn't there, especially on the PP but the PK was a lot better both nights than it was in the exhibiton.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        It's the old argument now, isn't it? I blame the school as much as the students with regards to that. That place used to be raucous fun, the only thing they with which the school/security made any serious attempts to stop was protesting the protesters. Then they duped the students into organizing a club. At the same time the then-current crop of students were dumb enough (ETA: you might even call them UMD-ish in their stupidity) to not take a moment to think about the potential drawbacks of organizing.

Morris Kurtz still sucks.
                        No doubt, the school put in all these lame rules and students stopped going because they didn't want to deal with them. Of course there was a time where the students would have told them to "F" off and do what they want any way. I think the students that do go care and do cheer, but the numbers are way down the last few years. I really hope the students come out in full force. There is no doubt when they place is packed and rocking it is a very hard place for visiting teams to play.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Sound a lot like us on Saturday.
                          One awful period really did us in.
                          It was like they weren't mentally in the game.
                          Friday was a little rusty but the effort was there, especially on defense.
                          The cripsness we were used to seeing obviously wasn't there, especially on the PP but the PK was a lot better both nights than it was in the exhibiton.
                          One awful period really did us in. And then there were the 2 other awful periods.
                          Bob is making me concerned
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

A few questions for Miami fans.

How many key players did Miami lose from last year's frozen four team? Do you have any big freshman this year.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

A few questions for Miami fans.

How many key players did Miami lose from last year's frozen four team? Do you have any big freshman this year.
                              We lost two key players. Jarrod Palmer to graduation and Captain Tommy Wingles who left early for the pro's.

However Miami returns all 6 starting defensemen and both goaltenders. No real big freshmen impact players, more or less role players. Bryon Paulazzo has looked solid and put up big numbers in juniors.

Other than the two new freshmen they return 9 forwards from last years FF team for a total of 17 of 20 guys dressed for the FF last year.
                              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Working...
                              X