Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Brice is Nice (UA_ hosts Union, CC and UAA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brice is Nice (UA_ hosts Union, CC and UAA)

Best comment in this thread receives two free passes good for admission to any regular season UAA home game from me. I'll judge for myself which is the winner. It is possible that nobody will win the tickets.

Last week's ticket winner was MTU's Twitch Boy for his excellent "In Soviet Alaska, Taxes Pay You" post.

As for the tournament teams first action of the season. Union slaughtered Sacred Heart in a sweep. UA_ split with a win against AF and loss to UND. CC beat and tied RPI. UAA tied UND and beat AF.

None of that probably gives much indication who'll take this tournament title. Friday it's UAA vs. CC in the 4:05 game and Union vs. UA_ in the 8:05 game. Saturday it's UAA vs. Union early and UA_ vs CC in the late tilt.

Re: The Brice is Nice (UA_ hosts Union, CC and UAA)

#26 Union will win this one just by showing up!!!11one!!1

Comment

I don't follow eastern teams that closely, but it looks like Union went ape**** on Sacred Heart this past weekend. Is Union that good, Sacred heart that bad, or some combination?

Comment

The most important question going into this series:

Has the Carlson managed to outdo last year's intro video?
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Has the Carlson managed to outdo last year's intro video?
          Yet to be determined. Or more accurately, is that even possible?

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
            I don't follow eastern teams that closely, but it looks like Union went ape**** on Sacred Heart this past weekend. Is Union that good, Sacred heart that bad, or some combination?
            Union will be good this year, hell, they weren't that bad last year. I think it was probably a combination of the two, but Union will be fast, skilled, and can put up some goals for sure.

Comment

This looks to be an intriguing tournament featuring 3 ranked teams and a UAA club that just gave North Dakota a run for its money. Should be a fun weekend in Fairbanks. Wish I could be there

Comment

Me too!
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Will the Carlson Center have their ice problem fixed? Local teams that where scheduled to practice/play there late last week got cancelled. Is the problem fixed?
                  Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post

Will the Carlson Center have their ice problem fixed? Local teams that where scheduled to practice/play there late last week got cancelled. Is the problem fixed?
                    Here is a no brainer. ……Take the bus over to Carlson Center check out the state of affairs, then back to the library to post your conclusion. Surely you didn’t blow all of your pfd or as usual you want Suze or somebody else to scurry and do your assignment.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

The Seawolves have never actually played Union before this. So that is semi-interesting. We've played CC 67 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Here is a no brainer. ……Take the bus over to Carlson Center check out the state of affairs, then back to the library to post your conclusion. Surely you didn’t blow all of your pfd or as usual you want Suze or somebody else to scurry and do your assignment.
                        I know the answer, but you will have to pay me for it!
                        Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

I know the answer, but you will have to pay me for it!
                          you get "First Dibs" on the next 3 pickup loads of crap I take to the dump.
                          that's like golden
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Inside College Hockey named Scott Greenham the goalie on it's preseason all american team, and UND goalie was on the second team. No one from ICH was in Anchorage this weekend because neither goalie looked very good. Scott didn't seem to be seeing the puck well and I thought he let in a soft goal, and for goodness sake take Taranto off the penalty kill and get him in shape he looked awful in both games, must be busy reading his clippings about how good he is. We are coming up on Friday and hope to see a few wins. Does anyone know the condition of Sova he looked like he hurt his knee late in the UND game.

Comment

I'll say the same thing I always say when I see ice problems in Fairbanks: It's Fairbanks. Open the doors, problem solved.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                              X