Providence College at tUMD: October 15th and 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence College at tUMD: October 15th and 16th

UMD is coming off a disappointing 6-6 tie against LSSU and a solid victory against NMU in the Superior Showcase.

This week they host PC in non-conference action.

I believe the teams have met in previous NCAA tournaments. (in the 80s?)

Also I have heard that PC is notoriously bad. But based on their record in the last few years it doesn't seem to be that bad. I thought they would have a worst record to show for it. Any PC fan want to explain?

Also if some PC fans could provide me some material to make fun of them during this weekends games it would be much appreciated.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: Providence College at tUMD: October 15th and 16th

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    UMD is coming off a disappointing 6-6 tie against LSSU and a solid victory against NMU in the Superior Showcase.

This week they host PC in non-conference action.

I believe the teams have met in previous NCAA tournaments. (in the 80s?)

Also I have heard that PC is notoriously bad. But based on their record in the last few years it doesn't seem to be that bad. I thought they would have a worst record to show for it. Any PC fan want to explain?

Also if some PC fans could provide me some material to make fun of them during this weekends games it would be much appreciated.
    I wouldn't call 3-2 a solid win. more like an escape. Still you should beat pc.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

You could make fun of their use of Cooperalls.

*****http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6015/445750704746fec62553o.jpg******
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I wouldn't call 3-2 a solid win. more like an escape. Still you should beat pc.
        Well they played solid (minus 5 minutes )
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I'm disappointed that your thread is better than mine. Sigh.

Originally posted by Jon
          Let's see:

PC beat NU
          tUMD tied LSSU and took out NMU

PC also can not beat any WCHA team not named "the Mavs" on the road. So this looks to be a rough weekend.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Well they played solid (minus 5 minutes )
            Less than 5. It was 3-1 with 30 seconds to go.
            then it was 3-2. Sigh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Less than 5. It was 3-1 with 30 seconds to go.
              then it was 3-2. Sigh.
              Well I was referring to tUMD. But PC also "escaped" with a win? Is that what PC fans call a win? An escape?
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Well I was referring to tUMD. But PC also "escaped" with a win? Is that what PC fans call a win? An escape?
                After the past 2 years, yes.

-Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

After the past 2 years, yes.
                  Last two years have been very rough? I assumed it was longer than that.

Any PC players to watch? Things to make fun of?
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Last two years have been very rough? I assumed it was longer than that.

Any PC players to watch? Things to make fun of?
                    Army's first three years behind the bench were mediocre.
                    The last two years were catastrophic.
                    They haven't been to the NCAAs' or advanced in the HE Playoffs since 2001 and they haven't been within sniffing distance of a bid since 2003.

If you're really hard up for entertainment, you can come by the PC thread and make fun of Hokydad. But that's more like laughing with us and not at us. We laugh at ourselves enough for two fan bases.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Army's first three years behind the bench were mediocre.
                      The last two years were catastrophic.
                      They haven't been to the NCAAs' or advanced in the HE Playoffs since 2001 and they haven't been within sniffing distance of a bid since 2003.

If you're really hard up for entertainment, you can come by the PC thread and make fun of Hokydad. But that's more like laughing with us and not at us. We laugh at ourselves enough for two fan bases.
                      So it has been a rough decade. I thought it was worse than that. What players should I watch for this weekend?

I shall check out your thread
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Beaudry, the goaltender. He was a walk on (correct me if I'm wrong on that PC fans) but he's turned out to be quite the man between the pipes.
                        Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

How has David Brown been for the Friars?

He played for Cloquet (about 20 miles from Duluth) in high school a few years back.

Comment

Beaudry is a stud. Some in Hockey East think he's the best in the conference, but that happens when you play goal for a last place team that's better at defense than offense.
                            Bergland is good too. I like our defense in total.

The kids play hard. They just get over matched by the more talented teams (like Merrimack. Sigh).

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Beaudry was not a walk on, Army went out and got him mid-season when our goal tending totally went down, the guy he replaced never was 100% healthy.....he is as good as Turco at this stage of his career and I think Turco was the best all around I have seen
                              Last edited by satyking; 10-12-2010, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X