Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND to open the BREC FIGHTING SIOUX STYLE 10-15/10-16

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    So we have conflicting information. I guess we will see when the team hits the ice tonight!

GO BEAVERS!!!
    haha ya well you probably have better information on the subject anyway

2009 Frozen Four!

2010 3-peat CHA Regular Season Champs!

Comment

Congrats to BSU on the new arena. I hope you have years of success in it, just not against the Sioux!
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by *HNIC View Post
        I would like to note that because these games were non-conference in the past; neither team would put their best roster on the ice. Non-conference games are for giving backup goalies and players that don’t dress often some ice time.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

If you don't have tv for tonight's game, it will be available via webcast for $7:

http://www.b2tv.com/upcoming_events....s&value=hockey
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            My thoughts exactly on this one. The way things get tight at the end of the season, PairWise comparisons get pretty important. Unless you were pretty confident you were going to earn an auto-bid via conference championship, you can not afford to take such approach in D1 college hockey. Those days are done for BSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
              My thoughts exactly on this one. The way things get tight at the end of the season, PairWise comparisons get pretty important. Unless you were pretty confident you were going to earn an auto-bid via conference championship, you can not afford to take such approach in D1 college hockey. Those days are done for BSU.
              I agree and should have started it more clearly (was referring more to BSU than UND). Last year was the first year BSU played there top players\goalie for all non-conference games because they were in the running for an auto-bid. Prior to that; rarely would you see BSU's number one goalie playing both nights in a non-conference weekend.

I'm glad those days are gone.

Comment

We are happy to have BSU in the WCHA. Besides, you don't need those auto-bids anymore. You guys have proven you can hold your own.

Good luck this weekend.

Comment

I have nothing but respect for BSU and always enjoy following and cheering them on(exception being when they play the Sioux of course).

I live in Minot, ND and when I attended the Minot State vs. BSU football game, when I walked by a ton of BSU fans who traveled to the game, the lot of them said "Go Sioux" when I walked by them with my Sioux hat on which I didn't expect but was very cool.

Congrats on the new arena but this weekend I'll have to be temporarily cheering against you.

Comment

Originally posted by *HNIC View Post
                    I would like to note that because these games were non-conference in the past; neither team would put their best roster on the ice. Non-conference games are for giving backup goalies and players that don’t dress often some ice time.
                    Are you high?
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Does anyone know if tonight's game can be found online anywhere? (not audio.. I'm talking streaming video)

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                        I have nothing but respect for BSU and always enjoy following and cheering them on(exception being when they play the Sioux of course).

I live in Minot, ND and when I attended the Minot State vs. BSU football game, when I walked by a ton of BSU fans who traveled to the game, the lot of them said "Go Sioux" when I walked by them with my Sioux hat on which I didn't expect but was very cool.

Congrats on the new arena but this weekend I'll have to be temporarily cheering against you.
                        There are always a lot of UND fans going to school in Bemidji. I also noticed there's a lot of students that come from North Dakota so that may have something to do with it. I have always been a Sioux fan and will always support them!
                        Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
                        THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

I managed to find two tickets for Saturday night. I've never been to Bemidji so I need a little help from the locals.

1. I assume parking around the arena will be a little chaotic. Will any restaurants or bars have a shuttle running to and from the games?

2. Best place(s) to eat?

3. Things to see and do before the game?

Comment

A few thoughts on tonight's game...

1) The game started out about how I thought it would. Bemidji came out strong and took an early lead. After that though, the Sioux took control towards the end of the 1st period and really never relinquished it after.

2) North Dakota is going to have a tremendous powerplay this season. They have all the pieces of a good powerplay.

3) Frattin and Gregoire are going to score 20+ goals this season barring injury. If there was any doubt before, this game should have lifted that doubt.

Tomorrow is another day, and I'm sure Bemidji will play a little bit better and try to control play a bit more. Saying that, if North Dakota plays the way they did this evening they'll take 4 points.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                              I managed to find two tickets for Saturday night. I've never been to Bemidji so I need a little help from the locals.

1. I assume parking around the arena will be a little chaotic. Will any restaurants or bars have a shuttle running to and from the games?

2. Best place(s) to eat?

3. Things to see and do before the game?
                              Parking actually wasn't too bad for the first game around the arena but there is a shuttle from Ground Round which is right across from Walmart. Some good places to eat are: Green Mill (might as well park at the Brec then as it is pretty close) , Ground Round, Applebees, Backyard Barbeque, MI Rancho

Comment

Gee Sioux, were'nt you a little hard on the Beavers last night?
                                If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Working...
                                X