X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    USA Hockey article mentions Miller moving to the midwest and playing for Russell Stover. http://www.usahockey.com/Youth_Natio...tailedNews=yes
    Must get some great chocolates after the game.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad
      Do we think that the Spinks bros are off the table with plethora of forwards in the queque?
      In a word, no. ( At least I hope not)
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Must get some great chocolates after the game.
        Why did i think exactly the same thing? We are mostly a bunch of weird thinking people on this thread.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          In a word, no. ( At least I hope not)
          Much as i would like to see us get the twins-it does appear less likely as time goes on. We seem to be putting emphasis elsewhere but i don't think we are losing that much. They are talented and potentially very good NCAA players-but we keep cherry picking our way around and SA has not made many mistakes in recruiting. he is slowly building a new Beast of the East here from the backline out. Get a very good goalie or two, then slowly procure 2 or 3 big effective defensemen (like we have now) then start to add the skilled forwards up front. All the time looking to reload. I see us in the top echelon sooner rather than later and once we get there, we are going to be very hard to dislodge.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad
            The great one has returned. I would like to thank troyboy for his support in helping to bring back a living legend. RC, thanks.
            Actually I think you should thank hokeydope and his efforts to taunt the B.R.O.'s mother.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Much as i would like to see us get the twins-it does appear less likely as time goes on. We seem to be putting emphasis elsewhere but i don't think we are losing that much. They are talented and potentially very good NCAA players-but we keep cherry picking our way around and SA has not made many mistakes in recruiting. he is slowly building a new Beast of the East here from the backline out. Get a very good goalie or two, then slowly procure 2 or 3 big effective defensemen (like we have now) then start to add the skilled forwards up front. All the time looking to reload. I see us in the top echelon sooner rather than later and once we get there, we are going to be very hard to dislodge.
              To be fair, I always imagined the twins as 2012 recruits. Then again, our best shot of getting them might have been offering them for 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                To be fair, I always imagined the twins as 2012 recruits. Then again, our best shot of getting them might have been offering them for 2011.
                IMO, If we want the twins our best shot I think is to bring them in for 2011. We only lose four forwards next year Rabbani, Smith, AAG and Cullen. With Zalewski and possibly Miller coming in that would leave only two more spots to fill for '12. If I did my calculations right based on the 18 rostered forwards SA wants, theres still three and maybe four (depending what Malchuk does) spots available for '11. Personally I would love to see Seth get the Spinks, put each one on wing with JL centering, now that would be dangerous line in the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                  IMO, If we want the twins our best shot I think is to bring them in for 2011. We only lose four forwards next year Rabbani, Smith, AAG and Cullen. With Zalewski and possibly Miller coming in that would leave only two more spots to fill for '12. If I did my calculations right based on the 18 rostered forwards SA wants, theres still three and maybe four (depending what Malchuk does) spots available for '11. Personally I would love to see Seth get the Spinks, put each one on wing with JL centering, now that would be dangerous line in the years to come.
                  I agree that 2011 has more openings, but there are complications. One thing that hasn't been mentioned to the best of my knowledge, although I added to post 539, is that Zalewski may defer until 2013. Although CH has him as a 2012, his BCHL page http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=688419 shows both. Then there is the fact that we really don't know how many of Pirri, D'Amigo, and Watts need to be replaced now. BSA (Before Seth Appert), we knew that we would carry 15 forwards. SA doesn't appear to be locked in to that.

Let's start with who we expect to have next year and work up.
                  Seniors: Smith, Cullen, AAG, Rabbani, and maybe Malchuk
                  Juniors: Burgdoerfer, Lee, O'Grady
                  Sophs: Rogic, Higgs, Tinordi
                  Frosh: Haggerty, Laliberte, Neal, McGowan, and maybe Miller

That's between 14 and 16. I still feel that we will find room for the Spinks.

For 2012 we have all the above except for the Seniors giving 11. To that add perhaps Zalewski and whatever additions come in for 2011.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Seniors: Smith, Cullen, AAG, Rabbani, and maybe Malchuk
                    Do you think the fact that we have 3 centers already recruited for next year (Laliberte, Haggerty and Neal) give any clues as to what Malchuk's plans are? Add in Rogic and theres your four lines of centers. If Malchuk returns who do you see as the first line center?

Comment

Do you think the fact that we have 3 centers already recruited for next year (Laliberte, Haggerty and Neal) give any clues as to what Malchuk's plans are? Add in Rogic and theres your four lines of centers. If Malchuk returns who do you see as the first line center?
                      I haven't given much thought about who plays each forward position because very few seem to be tied to one position.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I haven't given much thought about who plays each forward position because very few seem to be tied to one position.
                        Very true, good point.

Comment

Very true, good point.
                          The other point to consider about whether we can still sign the Spink twins is how many scholarships are available. That is impossble for us to figure out. I just hope that Ferris State teaches its students how to add fractions.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One thing that hasn't been mentioned to the best of my knowledge, although I added to post 539, is that Zalewski may defer until 2013. Although CH has him as a 2012, his BCHL page http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=688419 shows both.
                            That's a season (2012-13), not two different years. Unless every single BCHLer who has committed is a question mark between two different years, because every other committment listed on that site has 2011/12 or 2012/13 on their page.
                            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                              That's a season (2012-13), not two different years. Unless every single BCHLer who has committed is a question mark between two different years, because every other committment listed on that site has 2011/12 or 2012/13 on their page.
                              Thanks. Time to change post 539.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks. Time to change post 539.
                                No! You can't make changes after the fact, Hokiedad says so!
                                Originally posted by moe24
                                Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X