New live scoreboard available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New live scoreboard available

College Hockey Inc. has annonced a live scoreboard (with video highlites) in partnership with Pointstreak:

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ive-scoreboard

Note that it says not all games will be available until January 2011, but if you go to the College Hokcey Inc site, they have a score-bar at the top of the page:

http://www.collegehockeyinc.com/view/ncaa

I will certainly check it out tonight to see how many games are truely "live"...
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Re: New live scoreboard available

Sweet. Is there a mobile version?
    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
      Sweet. Is there a mobile version?
      The Pointstreak presser does say, "and delivered to mobile devices within moments." I think since this was just announced yesterday, we may have to be a bit patient with it. Still, even if we only get half a season, it's a massive step forward. I'll go out and agree with the first guy in the comments - if this is all Paul Kelly gets done, he's an instant success...
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

This is amazing (as long as it updates a lot faster than the old CSTV did).

Sadly the score bar is not viewable on Apple devices (tried on my iPod Touch), because it's Flash.

*edit* Nevermind, found a work around (courtesy of College Hockey Inc's host, Pointstreak)

http://m.pointstreak.com/h/scoreboar...?leagueid=1059

They also have a free mobile app.

*edit2* This looks like it isn't much more than the same stats that ESPN Mobile uses. Don't hold your breath for it being too live (yet).
        Last edited by aparch; 10-08-2010, 10:28 AM.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I know Pointstreak made presentations to several conferences last year. Did many of them actually buy in? Who's doing the input for the live stats if not, then?

What a nightmare. I've never met a scorer or SID who had a single good thing to say about them.

Good on 'em if they can make it work, though.
          Last edited by MikeAnderson; 10-08-2010, 10:29 AM.
          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
          2006 Time Person of the Year
          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

They're apparently testing it out right now. A "Ferris versus Michigan" game has just gotten underway.

http://pointstreak.com/flashapp/inde...gameid=1424853

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Does this mean I get to get my goal light out?
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Does this mean I get to get my goal light out?
                At the rate their simulated game is going? No.

Nevermind! Bust out the goal light!

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Yeah, I saw that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Nevermind! Bust out the goal light!
                    Good to see the freshmen get on the scoresheet.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Not sure yet how this will work with real games, but we'll see.

My biggest complaint so far is.... who the #$&)(*#@$&@!($** came up with those school abbreviations? NEH is Northeastern? Really? Mix up the order of the letters much? There's a few more that aren't that clean either. BUN for Boston UNiversity? How about just BU? MIM for Miami?

Ick

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                        Not sure yet how this will work with real games, but we'll see.

My biggest complaint so far is.... who the #$&)(*#@$&@!($** came up with those school abbreviations? NEH is Northeastern? Really? Mix up the order of the letters much? There's a few more that aren't that clean either. BUN for Boston UNiversity? How about just BU? MIM for Miami?

Ick
                        Both Alaska schools are "ALA."
                        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                        2006 Time Person of the Year
                        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Good to see College Hockey Inc. is filling a much needed void. Hopefully it works!
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Good news for the College Hockey world...

I am working with College Hockey News on creating a a genuine LIVE national scoreboard that will be "soft launched" today. From what I have been told, it is using REAL live data from the arenas. While Pointstreak will not because they do not have access to the data.

Here's the URL, check it out: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...scoreboard.php

Finally, our College Hockey fans will have a reliable source soon enough thanks to competition

Comment

Originally posted by DominicHennig View Post
                              Good news for the College Hockey world...

I am working with College Hockey News on creating a a genuine LIVE national scoreboard that will be "soft launched" today. From what I have been told, it is using REAL live data from the arenas. While Pointstreak will not because they do not have access to the data.

Here's the URL, check it out: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...scoreboard.php

Finally, our College Hockey fans will have a reliable source soon enough thanks to competition
                              Please help them clean up the team abbreviations on the site. They're quite the mess right now, as detailed above.

EDIT: OOOPS.... reading comprehension, FTW. I really need to follow the links, don't I? Please feel free to ignore this comment
                              Last edited by Steve_MN; 10-08-2010, 11:20 AM. Reason: neglected to follow the link before commenting....

Comment

Working...
                              X