Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMass Lowell @ Maine 10/8

Good Luck
    Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Re: UMass Lowell @ Maine 10/8

This one could get ugly.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      This one could get ugly.
      Hopefully for Lowell.

Comment

On my way to Orono in 10 minutes. Hopefully the drive is worth it. Go Lowell!
        UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

5-2 Maine if Lowell's lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
            On my way to Orono in 10 minutes. Hopefully the drive is worth it. Go Lowell!
            Ouch.. well look at the bright side.. foliage is peaking up there this wknd, so least you'll enjoy the ride back (i sincerely mean this). You're not driving back tonight, right?..
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

What a **** poor game by Lowell!!! i can't believe how bad the defense was in this game!!!! They need to do a lot of work or it will be a long season. Blaise just said, "Edwards played a good game is he serious"!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                Ouch.. well look at the bright side.. foliage is peaking up there this wknd, so least you'll enjoy the ride back (i sincerely mean this). You're not driving back tonight, right?..
                just cue up the 80s rock, roll down the windows, and scream on down the highway (still not sure how the team bus beat us home in 2001... we were doing 100 down the road.)

Seriously though, getting back into Lowell around 2AM isn't awful.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Lowells first goalie was awful, Boulanger? was much better but he was shaky also. Lowells PP really moved the puck around well, nice passing, couldn't finish. Arnold looked good on the PP but didn't notice him 5 on 5.

As far as Maine goes, they look like what we thought they'd look like. Good offense, the D looks awful. BC would have torched the Bears in the first. Not sure if Sirman was good or lucky in the 1st. He made some decent saves but I'm not convinced. Joey Diamond is the real deal. He is one tough sob. Surprised Corkum wasn't out there, Amestoy can change directions and be going full speed in a few steps, the kid can scoot.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Lowells first goalie was awful, Boulanger? was much better but he was shaky also. Lowells PP really moved the puck around well, nice passing, couldn't finish. Arnold looked good on the PP but didn't notice him 5 on 5.

As far as Maine goes, they look like what we thought they'd look like. Good offense, the D looks awful. BC would have torched the Bears in the first. Not sure if Sirman was good or lucky in the 1st. He made some decent saves but I'm not convinced. Joey Diamond is the real deal. He is one tough sob. Surprised Corkum wasn't out there, Amestoy can change directions and be going full speed in a few steps, the kid can scoot.
                    Corkum never suited up. I missed the pre-game on radio. Was he injured? Maine played with intensity the entire game. Never backed off and kept the "pedal to the metal". I see this as a very good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Corkum never suited up. I missed the pre-game on radio. Was he injured? Maine played with intensity the entire game. Never backed off and kept the "pedal to the metal". I see this as a very good sign.
                      Corkum was a coaches decision as far as I know
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Corkum was a coaches decision as far as I know
                        Sounds like some serious competition for ice time on that 4th line.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                          Sounds like some serious competition for ice time on that 4th line.
                          I suspect he might play tomorrow night.

Comment

Arnold looked good on the PP but didn't notice him 5 on 5.
                            arnold had an assist on the first uml goal (pp), three shots on goal and two minutes for boarding. agreed though, despite the assist, i only remember his penalty. beyond that, not much else

Comment

The D got better as the game went on though. Diamond is the type of player that we have hated at BC.........love him! Sirman was adequate and played with more confidence than I expected. Best Maine offense since the Walsh years.......hands down. This team is gonna be in the national mix......me likey!

Comment

Working...
                              X