Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC @ NU 10/9 -Cody Better Skate w His Head Up

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    College hockey is all about the team, you are correct. Not about the players. Kids need to do what is best for their future until they get there. After they are there, they need to act accordingly. No different than BC telling Billet in late August he was not part of their plans for this season and to wait 1 more year. This after he had regsitered and was ready to come. It is a business, sad but true.

Just like now VS is a changed person and the great BC, who "doesnt ever put up with that crap" welcomes him with open arms. Why? Because they are nervous about kids leaving next year and want to win. Will look the other way on a player who has many issues off ice so they can win.

It is what it is
    Broad generalization.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
      Broad generalization.
      true

Comment

College hockey is all about the team, you are correct. Not about the players. Kids need to do what is best for their future until they get there. After they are there, they need to act accordingly. No different than BC telling Billet in late August he was not part of their plans for this season and to wait 1 more year. This after he had regsitered and was ready to come. It is a business, sad but true.

Just like now VS is a changed person and the great BC, who "doesnt ever put up with that crap" welcomes him with open arms. Why? Because they are nervous about kids leaving next year and want to win. Will look the other way on a player who has many issues off ice so they can win.

It is what it is
        Forget BC specifically (since you have an issue with them) and call it any University that plays at a high level. A coach/program HAS to do what they can for the PROGRAM to succeed. A player with pro aspirations has to do what HE can for HIM to succeed.

If a school wants to take a kid who had problems in the past, they are the ones who have to weigh the pros/cons and make the decision thats best for them.

NU is happy to take a selfish kid like Ferriero because he's better than what they have and the program needs kids like him to attract others to make their program better. BC doesn't need Ferriero because they have a stable of kids who are better than him.

Both programs win here. Ferriero is using NU but NU is ok being used. BC is using Saponari because he's a talented kid who needs a place to play and they'll be needing a talented forward next fall.
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

There is no question that after watching last nights game, CF would have been a help to BC now and more so each year.
          Nobody questioned this.

He though is more ready today to step in and play than any freshmen BC has. He is far more advanced physically
          Wasn't at the game last night, but Kevin Hayes looked terrific in the exhibition.

Let me guess, you sat at home and paid for all the HE games so you could watch online. Amazing you were able to toggle back and forth...

No different than BC telling Billet in late August he was not part of their plans for this season and to wait 1 more year. This after he had regsitered and was ready to come. It is a business, sad but true.
          Link? Silly me, why I am even asking. I find it funny that most if not all BC fans pretty much knew he would not be coming this year due to the emergence of Milner last year. Yet, you somehow know all the details about how he was registered and ready to come? Give it a ****ing rest.

Just like now VS is a changed person and the great BC, who "doesnt ever put up with that crap"
          Just curious here, was "VS" kicked of the BC hockey team? Or was it another team? "The great BC" (whatever that means) doesn't stand for BS (Motherwell and O'Hanley booted after one game) much like other teams. That doesn't mean they couldn't have seen "VS" mature as a result of what happened at BU. And as I've said before, we're not talking about a John Sabo kid here. He drank underage and was late for a team bike ride. That's hardly anything that should keep him blackballed from returning to college hockey.

Now maybe, just maybe, you'll let BC and NU fans discuss the game last night.
          Last edited by J.D.; 10-10-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I enjoyed the game and the atmosphere at Matthews last night.

Both teams came prepared to play and the BC style was handled very well by NU and a very complete performance by Rawlings.

NU had many quality chances throughout the game but particularly in the second period resulting from a large amount of penalty minutes accessed on BC players. I think credit needs to be given to quality of BC PK units as well as the obvious strength of John's entire netminding performance. He had many clear views of on coming shots and structure of PK units was solid throughout the contest, which bodes very well going forward.

BC PP will get better as players become more comfortable with their roles and teammates. 50% is not bad but quality of chances and timing of same with improve.

Any one doubt that this team is going to be challenged night in and night out by the opposition, the opposition's building, the opposition's blog base, etc.?
            What a great experience for the BC squad, the Bull's Eye is squarely on their back which must be so cool for them from a developmental perspective! Every night they will get the opponents very best...WOW

Going to best a season to remember. Cannot wait for Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by BCHF View Post
              I think credit needs to be given to quality of BC PK units
              Absolutely true. At first I was wondering why Arnold was playing every PK, but he looked solid and kept NU retreating and wasting an extra 8-10 seconds.
              ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                FYP. I've been saying this for weeks now..

As for this game, I tried to listen to the 3rd on the radio but the crowd noise was so intense it was hard to follow. Gotta love Matthews when it gets rockin'.
                What radio station are the Eagles on?
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

No different than BC telling Billet in late August he was not part of their plans for this season and to wait 1 more year. This after he had regsitered and was ready to come. It is a business, sad but true.
                  Weird that you say "late August" when it was known much earlier that would happen? (like, um, May?)

Anyway, if I'm Billet, why would I want to come to BC this year? He wouldn't see more then 3-5 games at best, which would not help his development at all. It makes sense for both player and team in this case for him to wait until Muse graduates.

Comment

Late August, had already registered for classes

KH looked very good vs Toronto. Didnt get as much ice last eve

Lot more than 1 night drinking and a bike ride on VS.

Comment

I think it's more "giving him a fresh start" than "oh crap we're losing people." If he steps out of line, do you really think he wouldn't be disciplined just because we're undermanned?

You are a dolt.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by eetzasqueed View Post
                        Absolutely true. At first I was wondering why Arnold was playing every PK, but he looked solid and kept NU retreating and wasting an extra 8-10 seconds.
                        Jimmy Hayes is an outstanding PKer. He's really embraced that role and is developing in to one of the league's best PKers.

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
                        Weird that you say "late August" when it was known much earlier that would happen? (like, um, May?)
                        We really shouldn't even bother responding. Everyone knew with the emergence of Milner that this would happen. But then again, I don't have any knowledge of when/if he registered for classes (which I don't believe for one second). There is no effing way it got to that point. The coaching staff would have communicated with him well before that.

Just trying to track your schedule. You went to BC/Toronto and BC/NU...what's next?

You must have stole that line from the BU thread...did Parker tell you what happened?

Comment

Late August, had already registered for classes

Well, your source obviously was bad as I knew soon after the trolley incident in April that neither Billet or Barone were coming this fall. Do you know his family too? If you do, can you ask them why they would send their kid (who is supposedly a stud) to be a #3 goalie? You're not making much sense here.

Either that or it's an absolute failure by the kid's advisor. Once Milner entered the picture with Muse's injury, the only way Billet would have come this year would be if Muse had another hip problem or went pro.

Comment

Where BC's freshmen received "freshmen" ice last night.
                            i would largely disagree with this. brown and arnold skated with kreider which was essentially the 2nd line regular taking shifts after the atkinson line. though hockey east lists it as the 3rd line. arnold was also consistently on the penalty kill. so if by freshman, you mean just kevin hayes, then yes i will have to agree that he didnt see much time since half the game was decided on the NU powerplay and thus the BC 4th line wasnt able to be out there much.

ferriero is listed on NU's 3rd line anyway.
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                              Forget BC specifically (since you have an issue with them) and call it any University that plays at a high level. A coach/program HAS to do what they can for the PROGRAM to succeed. A player with pro aspirations has to do what HE can for HIM to succeed.

If a school wants to take a kid who had problems in the past, they are the ones who have to weigh the pros/cons and make the decision thats best for them.

NU is happy to take a selfish kid like Ferriero because he's better than what they have and the program needs kids like him to attract others to make their program better. BC doesn't need Ferriero because they have a stable of kids who are better than him.

Both programs win here. Ferriero is using NU but NU is ok being used. BC is using Saponari because he's a talented kid who needs a place to play and they'll be needing a talented forward next fall.
                              This leads me to believe that you don't know much about our recruiting history since Cronin has come here. That's fine, but when you don't, you run the risk of writing something like this. We didn't 'need' Ferriero, and he's arguably our third or fourth best freshmen (he played on our 3rd and 4th lines during his first two games). He's going to be a very good player, but he isn't the program's savior; we don't need one. Since Cro has been here, our recruiting has improved to the point where we're actually winning recruiting battles (Newton, Quailer, Bitetto, etc.). We don't need Ferriero to attract others; Cronin is already doing that himself.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post
                                This leads me to believe that you don't know much about our recruiting history since Cronin has come here. That's fine, but when you don't, you run the risk of writing something like this. We didn't 'need' Ferriero, and he's arguably our third or fourth best freshmen (he played on our 3rd and 4th lines during his first two games). He's going to be a very good player, but he isn't the program's savior; we don't need one. Since Cro has been here, our recruiting has improved to the point where we're actually winning recruiting battles (Newton, Quailer, Bitetto, etc.). We don't need Ferriero to attract others; Cronin is already doing that himself.
                                no kidding. no peogram NEEDS any one player.

FYI, tell Cronin he must be screwing up because his 3rd/4th liner was their best player vs PC, played very well vs BC and was on the PP. Also had more ice than any other freshmen

Cronins actions speak for themself

Comment

Working...
                                X