NU visits PC: Hope springs eternal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NU visits PC: Hope springs eternal

I want to see if this thread can break 10 posts.

I have no idea what PC will be like. Better than last year, I'd hope. But the standards weren't too high.

When the hell is the last time we beat NU anyways?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Re: NU visits PC: Hope springs eternal

I wonder if PC could break 10 points?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

I have no idea what PC will be like. Better than last year, I'd hope. But the standards weren't too high.

According to the GoNU overview of the game, it was January of 2008, we lost 5-2.

I'll be in attendance, it was fun last year to heckle the PC fans. I think the Northeastern student section outnumbered the PC students.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post

I'll be in attendance, it was fun last year to heckle the PC fans. I think the Northeastern student section outnumbered the PC students.
        Keep grabbing that low hanging fruit.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Always wary of home openers in Hockey East (away from Matthews). This one is early in the season.. PC will be pumped & ready to get out to a good start. NU will be looking to shake off a 'average performance' in exhibition game. Either team by a goal.. no more.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Does
            Originally posted by Bakunin
            Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
              Does
              this
              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Does
                this
                count

Comment

Does
                  this
                  count

?

Comment

Does
                    this
                    count
                    ?
                    Well?

Comment

Good luck to NU this season. Welcome to all the fans traveling from Boston to root for the Huskies.

As far as tonight's game, Beaudry is a beast and should keep the Friars in contention to steal games all year. The Friar scoring punch.... not so much a punch as it is slap. PC is "returning 9 of it's 10 top scorers" but that like arguing over who is the tallest midget.

My 2 cents PC 2 NU 1. Yes, it is a homer prediction.

Comment

if beaudry is on with our new lines, this could be very difficult. i have faith in our offensive talent though, they'll get the job done.

NU 3 PC 1
                        Arenas Attended
                        Matthews Arena
                        Agganis Arena
                        Tsongas Arena
                        Lawler Arena
                        Schneider Arena
                        Mullins Center
                        TD Banknorth Garden
                        Conte Forum
                        Whittemore Center
                        Gutterson Fieldhouse
                        Alfond Arena
                        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Realizing it is the opening game of the RS, and anything can happen, I think it's a 'trap game' already for NU. Hopefully not necessarily from a player's or coaches standpoint. Let's not fool ourselves, we are all looking forward to tomorrow night at home vs BC. My hope is that NU remembers that tonite is not an exhibition game against a team that isn't supposed to be that good. If the game was at NU, I wouldn't be as concerned.

If NU doesn't come to play (focusing too much on tomorrow night) - PC 3 - NU 2.
                          If NU comes to play - NU 4 - PC 1.
                          Go Huskies!!!!

Real men play Ice Hockey and Football, little boys play the rest of the sports.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            I wonder if PC could break 10 points?
                            Good call.

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            Keep grabbing that low hanging fruit.
                            He has you there.

?
                            No. Tee hee.

I don't think I'm going tonight which increases PC's chances exponentially.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by bsaeagle64 View Post
                              Realizing it is the opening game of the RS, and anything can happen, I think it's a 'trap game' already for NU. Hopefully not necessarily from a player's or coaches standpoint. Let's not fool ourselves, we are all looking forward to tomorrow night at home vs BC. My hope is that NU remembers that tonite is not an exhibition game against a team that isn't supposed to be that good. If the game was at NU, I wouldn't be as concerned.

If NU doesn't come to play (focusing too much on tomorrow night) - PC 3 - NU 2.
                              If NU comes to play - NU 4 - PC 1.
                              I dont think it will really be a "trap game". Honestly, NU doesnt have a right to say that they should walk in and come out with a win everytime they play PC. Nothing has been proven yet. I am glad to see that we are playing an easy opponent on the road first though. I think it will be great for the freshmen to get a game in before having to walk into Matthews for a BC-NU home opener.

Comment

Working...
                              X