Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND travels to Alaska for hockey and to see Russia from the Palin's backyard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND travels to Alaska for hockey and to see Russia from the Palin's backyard.

Finally! A real reason to travel to Alaska, a ranked opponent! A split series with the seapups and bearcubs and it's all on direct-tv! There still won't be anyone at the games but at least Alaska is rank........ed.

Sioux Sweep.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Re: UND travels to Alaska for hockey and to see Russia from the Palin's backyard.

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Finally! A real reason to travel to Alaska, a ranked opponent! A split series with the seapups and bearcubs and it's all on direct-tv! There still won't be anyone at the games but at least Alaska is rank........ed.

Sioux Sweep.
    I don't think it is. Yes, FSSN is picking up the feed but FCS won't be airing it. They only cover Sioux home games.

Comment

Re: UND travels to Alaska for hockey and to see Russia from the Palin's backyard.

Siouxweep!!!!!!!!!!!
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Last I heard it was on direct TV because they were willing to pick up the feed, if I'm lying hopefully Happy is dying.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Looks like Dell is going to sink or swim this weekend:

Sophomore Aaron Dell has made a strong push in the offseason and will start a game this weekend as the Sioux open up at the Kendall Hockey Classic in Anchorage.

UND coach Dave Hakstol said he wasn’t sure if Dell would start Friday against Alaska-Anchorage (10:07 p.m.) or Saturday against Alaska-Fairbanks (7:07 p.m.), but the coach hopes Dell can play a larger role on the team this season.

“That’s up to him,” Hakstol said. “He’ll get a start this weekend. From there, it’s up to him to earn another start. That’s no different from anybody else in our lineup. There’s a lot of competition to be in the lineup.”

Dell was unpredictable as a freshman, which is why he only received four starts.

In his two road starts — at Anchorage in October and at Cornell in January — he allowed a combined one goal in 125 minutes. His save percentage was .967.

In his two home starts — against St. Cloud State in November and Denver in January — Dell didn’t make it to the second period. He was lifted both times after stopping just .667 percent of the shots.

“For Aaron, the biggest thing is his preparation,” Hakstol said, “to find a good routine that he can be in — not only for game day but also practice days — so he’s ready and prepared every time he steps in the net. That, to me, is a maturity process.

“There was no in-between in Aaron’s performances last year. He was either tremendous and played a complete game for 60 or 65 minutes, or he struggled and didn’t make it through the first period. That’s a preparation issue.”

Dell finished his freshman season with a 1-3-1 record (the tie came in his only relief appearance), a 1.81 goals-against average and a .897 save percentage. His lone victory came against Anchorage in Sullivan Arena, which is Friday’s scenario.

Dell didn’t see a lot of work in Sunday’s exhibition, stopping seven of eight shots. But Hakstol and teammates say they’ve seen signs that the former Alberta Junior Hockey League all-star can be a standout at this level as well.

“I don’t know a lot about the position,” Sioux captain Chay Genoway said. “But it seems like every practice he’ll make a save and you’ll go ‘wow.’ He has that factor about him. He makes saves that you are just amazed about. If he can work on his consistency, I think he can really push Eids for that job.”

Comment

Working...
          X