Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    We've had this discussion before. This poster is not a Northeastern fan.
    His impression of a fifty year old PC fan is spot on. Except that a 50 year old PC fan would have given up by now.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Just a reminder to everyone. We are liveblogging both games at The Boston Hockey Blog
      April 11th 2009
      October 27th 2004
      October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        That's a pretty nice lineup. 3 of the teams I hate/respect the most.

What do you have against Air Force??!!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Ken View Post
          Anyone else having issues (again) with the PPV broadcast. After all the issues the other night, tried logging on again and not is says it is access not authorized. Hopefully it will fix itself as the games get closer, but this whole experience has been a joke .. poor audio and video quality, and #^%@#^% customer service.
          Same issue (though I didn't have a problem on friday). This is garbage.

Comment

I have to leave for my own hockey games in a few and Mr. JJfP was going to use a video capture program to record the ND game while I play my 2 games. I thought I'd get to watch the first 2 periods of the UW-HC game, then go play and come home and watch the ND game. Unless those technical glitches get solved, I get to come home to him simply recapping the game from the radio call.

I hate technology.
            "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

who the heck is summerhayes?
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

A good start. Very good.

Hopefully the D tightens up a bit.
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  I think Wisconsin is still a light year behind Miami of Ohio (and probably North Dakota, too) when it comes to bending over in front of the Boston pain train.
                  I don't know, that 2006 NCAA final was some pretty sweet pain inflicted on BC by Wisconisn

Comment

Congrats to BU on the hardware. Kept playing to the buzzer each period and good results followed for them.

Now for the rant. Someone needs to explain to me though how these tournaments can be considered a success when there are maybe 1000 people in a building built for over 19000. The atmosphere is brutal. Is it really that important to play games in NHL buildings as Jackson speaks of? If so, why? You get to experience an NHL type arena in your conference tournament, certainly in the CCHA. If I want my team exposed to a raucous "tournament" type crowd I'd rather have them trek to some in-season tourney and face the host team in Yost, or the Kohl Center or the the Ralph (or maybe host one ourselves someday in the Compton Center) than have them skate around a near empty arena where 75% of the people who ARE there seem to not give a whit about any of the participating teams. The atmosphere at some of these things is worse by leaps and bounds than even the poorly attended NCAA regionals.

OK, rant over. I'm happy -- for the most part -- with the way my team played, and congrats to the Terriers. Maybe we'll see you again down the road.

Comment

To continue the rant: If you are going to host it at an NHL arena, how about making sure you have access to some video technology?!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                        To continue the rant: If you are going to host it at an NHL arena, how about making sure you have access to some video technology?!
                        and make sure to tell them not to show replays during live play
                        and make sure to put it in an NHL arena somewhat sort of near one of the schools playing so it's not a ghost town!
                        and make sure the championship game isn't on a sunday up against the NFL in an NFL city!
                        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                          Congrats to BU on the hardware. Kept playing to the buzzer each period and good results followed for them.

Now for the rant. Someone needs to explain to me though how these tournaments can be considered a success when there are maybe 1000 people in a building built for over 19000. The atmosphere is brutal. Is it really that important to play games in NHL buildings as Jackson speaks of? If so, why? You get to experience an NHL type arena in your conference tournament, certainly in the CCHA. If I want my team exposed to a raucous "tournament" type crowd I'd rather have them trek to some in-season tourney and face the host team in Yost, or the Kohl Center or the the Ralph (or maybe host one ourselves someday in the Compton Center) than have them skate around a near empty arena where 75% of the people who ARE there seem to not give a whit about any of the participating teams. The atmosphere at some of these things is worse by leaps and bounds than even the poorly attended NCAA regionals.

OK, rant over. I'm happy -- for the most part -- with the way my team played, and congrats to the Terriers. Maybe we'll see you again down the road.
                          Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          and make sure to tell them not to show replays during live play
                          and make sure to put it in an NHL arena somewhat sort of near one of the schools playing so it's not a ghost town!
                          and make sure the championship game isn't on a sunday up against the NFL in an NFL city!
                          And don't be afraid to set up press box internet that's compatible with Macs. Or hire another IT guy in case the one IT guy you do have can't make it to the tournament championship.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by ComoSeDiceHockey View Post
                            I don't know, that 2006 NCAA final was some pretty sweet pain inflicted on BC by Wisconisn
                            hit the post!!!!!!!!!!!! Bucky was clearly the better team though

Comment

I was there for both WI games. Replay was horrific! They couldn't/wouldn't show any of the replays from the 3rd period of WI vs BU. All we saw was a great video of the refs trading Pokemon cards. Yeah great job!! You have the time to put up some of your own canned video funny, but can't show what the discussion is about?

Speaking of which, the 5 minute dissertation to each coach when a penalty was called on Friday night was borderline incompetent!

I thought the venue was fine, it's only 6 hours for WI or ND. East coasters have a long way to go, but... The big problem was Friday-Sunday games. Not good planning!!
                              Chuck Norris wishes he could play Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                                The refs won the UW, BU game. Atrocious. Eastern bias?
                                I read the refs were CCHA, which is still east of WI, though not quite as far east as one would have thought. The CCHA plays pansy style like Hawky East, so it stil hurt UW.

Everything that I have read is the 2 non-goals late in the 3rd UW scored against BU were actually goals.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X