Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
    Wisconsin should play Miami for a shot at the title of ultimate futility against Boston.
    I think Wisconsin is still a light year behind Miami of Ohio (and probably North Dakota, too) when it comes to bending over in front of the Boston pain train.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
      Well, we do play Holy Cross tomorrow. Close enough right?
      Good point. You guys won't lose to Holy Cross. If you lose to Holy Cross, well, I guess you'd be called Minnesota.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
        Good point. You guys won't lose to Holy Cross. If you lose to Holy Cross, well, I guess you'd be called Minnesota.
        and we don't want that!

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
          The refs won the UW, BU game. Atrocious. Eastern bias?
          The teams in Hockey East call it Jack Parker bias.

Parker's BU linemate is the Hockey East head of officials and he gets every close or controversial call. We're use to it and know we have to outscore BU by 3 goals to win by 1 on the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Noreaster View Post

Parker's BU linemate is the Hockey East head of officials and he gets every close or controversial call. We're use to it and know we have to outscore BU by 3 goals to win by 1 on the scoreboard.
            It's a real shame you can't use such excuses against the Friars...
            Last edited by quiddlet; 10-09-2010, 04:39 PM.
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Noreaster View Post

This was especially evident in the 2009 FF, when BU received three times as many penalties as Vermont and Miami.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                This was especially evident in the 2009 FF, when BU received three times as many penalties as Vermont and Miami.
                EASTERN BIAS!!! Wait... where's Vermont again?
                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Vermont is in Canada. I don't thing they have east/west. Just north, and not-so-north.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It's a real shame you can't use such excuses against the Friars...
                    We've had this discussion before. This poster is not a Northeastern fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      We've had this discussion before. This poster is not a Northeastern fan.
                      im kind of interested who he is a fan of though, because of the we're used to scoring 3 more goals comment.
                      time to write new history

Comment

OMG T3H WCHA IS SO GOODZ!!!

Spanks. Randy Schmidt is so proud.
                        Originally posted by solovsfett
                        To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

We'll be live blogging both games today for those interested.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

The newspaper this morning listed the teams for the 2011 Ice Breaker (also here in St. Louis):

Michigan
                            Boston College
                            North Dakota
                            Air Force

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              The newspaper this morning listed the teams for the 2011 Ice Breaker (also here in St. Louis):

Michigan
                              Boston College
                              North Dakota
                              Air Force
                              That's a pretty nice lineup. 3 of the teams I hate/respect the most.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Anyone else having issues (again) with the PPV broadcast. After all the issues the other night, tried logging on again and not is says it is access not authorized. Hopefully it will fix itself as the games get closer, but this whole experience has been a joke .. poor audio and video quality, and #^%@#^% customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X