This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2010-11

If Day was a healthy scratch, I agree with GC that is sends a strong message to the team that the effort against SLU simply wasn't acceptable. It certainly seemed to work last night. Hopefully that will serve as a springboard to more wins going forward. Ideally in the next game not only will the rest of the team be sufficiently motivated but the captain back and ready to play as well.

And congratulations to Mihalik on his first collegiate win; one can only hope that it takes less time to get #2!

Comment

Congrats to the Raiders/Coach Vaughn and their fans on the win vs Clarkson last night. Nice to see the team still playing with motivation despite a tough season thus far - good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Union may be the moth and Colgate the flame next week. The Dutchmen look impressive but the Red Raiders may soon be enjoying a reversion to the mean.

Comment

Hopefully we'll be a trap game for RPI on Friday and a letdown game for Onion on Saturday.

Yay about last night
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I'm just gonna say this...keep an eye out for Kurtis Bartliff next year...he has quietly become quite the offensive force to reckon with, already doubling his point total from last season. He's gonna be a top line guy probably with Smith and either Wagner or Bourdon.
            Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Off-topic but congratulations to Mark Murphy -- now president of the Green Bay Packers -- on a thrilling Super Bowl victory! Maybe this will create a trickle-down effect on the Colgate football and hockey programs...
              Colgate '09

Comment

I think we may have found Biddle's eventual replacement!!!
                Hey, Mark Murphy.......

C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

We're on our way now!!

Congrats on the win, Colgate. Nowhere to go from here but up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotter View Post
                    We're on our way now!!

Congrats on the win, Colgate. Nowhere to go from here but up.
                    Holy cow! Gotter and Magoo post in the last week! I thought we had lost you guys. Please keep the posts coming; we need more regulars here.

Gotta agree with hockeyenthusiast about Bartliff. Think he's rounding into form and can be a force the next couple of years
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

agree about Bartliff...was all over the ice on Saturday...improvement over last year quite obvious...that's what we need: gradual improvement, if not game-by-game, then year-by-year. Saw the plus/minus figures for team for first time in quite a while and it MAY reinforce idea that we are playing certain players too much. Question: since we've given up so many empty net goals this year I would imagine that those on the ice at end of game do receive a -1 on plus/minus (or in Harvard's case a -2) when we give up an empty-netter. If so, plus/minus numbers for Smith et al are a little misleading...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                        Question: since we've given up so many empty net goals this year I would imagine that those on the ice at end of game do receive a -1 on plus/minus (or in Harvard's case a -2) when we give up an empty-netter. If so, plus/minus numbers for Smith et al are a little misleading...
                        Yes. It we give up an empty-net goal, our players receive a -1 unless we were to have a player in the penalty box.

As far as line combinations go, I would keep Smith-Brisebois-Bartliff as a top line. They all got on the scoreboard last Saturday, and while Bartliff finished the game +1, both Smith and Brisebois finished +2. Also keep Rivellini-McCann-Nasca together as the 4th line. They had a lot of energy in BOTH of last weekend's games. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Wagner seems somewhat snakebit over the last 10 to 12 games and it would be great to see him get a goal or two...Day - Wagner - Bourdon second line???

Comment

Here's a nice article about incoming Colgate recruit Ryan Johnston, brother of former Harvard hockey player Katie, current Cornell superstar and Olympian Rebecca, and former Cornellian and current Dalhousie Tiger Jacob. He's certainly got hockey in his blood Sounds like you guys beat out at least Clarkson for his services.

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/colu...ton100211.aspx
                            Cornell '01

Comment

Thank you !
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                Holy cow! Gotter and Magoo post in the last week! I thought we had lost you guys. Please keep the posts coming; we need more regulars here.

Gotta agree with hockeyenthusiast about Bartliff. Think he's rounding into form and can be a force the next couple of years
                                Sorry for fair-weathering it this season. I did see the Harvard and Dartmouth games in person. They don't look terrible, but once Evin or Bessette let in a few, the guys start looking defeated. Missing the days when Shep and Dex could save our bacon.

Comment

Working...
                                X