This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2010-11

Agree with Gate93 on most. I was told a month ago we're $5,000,000 short and I guess the rink figure was 40 million dollars. Disappointed that some of that endowment money can't be used (or maybe borrowed) until we get the needed funding in total.

As far as Day and Mac being the PIM leaders, it seems the other teams antagonize our leading scorers to get them "off their game" and into the box. I used to watch Mac get slashed and hooked until he became frustrated and retaliated and usually the second guy gets the penalty. Hoping so badly that we get the announcement for the new rink. We need some good news to help us "bottom out" of this thing we're going thru.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

agree with Shabby...both Day and Mcintire are competitive players and Mac took a lot of abuse last year...I'm sure Brian's simply fed up with this season and, combined with the occasional cheap shot, don't really blame him for some of the penalties. Personally, I think they tend to call the DI college game a little too "tight" in the East; the western conferences seem to let them play a little more...question of the day: what will come first, our first ECAC win or a new rink...

Comment

Originally posted by UHhky View Post
        Just checking in to make sure you all know where I stand: Fire Don Vaughan. Which from here on out I shall refer to as "F-DV".
        Hey, I thought I asked you to go bother someone else. Maybe try picking on SLU & Harvard. They are having a tough go this year.

As I reflect on the past 5 season's:

2005/2006 In the Ecac's
        2006/2007 Loose Dekanich in the final series to advance to the ECAC's
        2007/2008 Knock out Clarkson, which was ranked nationally to advance to ECAC's
        2008/2009 1 O/T goal away in Quinny from advancing to ECAC's again.
        2009/2010 Loose a tough series against SLU at home to not advance.

So in essence, we aren't far off in the last 5 season's by having a shot to go deep. This year, well, we are getting in the play-off's, albeit on the road, and still have a chance to win some games, and gain some momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by doghok View Post
          2005/2006 In the Ecac's
          2006/2007 Loose Dekanich in the final series to advance to the ECAC's
          2007/2008 Knock out Clarkson, which was ranked nationally to advance to ECAC's
          2008/2009 1 O/T goal away in Quinny from advancing to ECAC's again.
          2009/2010 Loose a tough series against SLU at home to not advance.
          Actually, it was:

2005-06: ECAC Semifinals (Albany), Lost 2-0 (ENG) to Cornell, Dekanich Dryden Award winner
          2006-07: ECAC Quarterfinals, swept at SLU, no thanks to Dekanich getting injured before this series. Most of us (including myself) believe not having Dex is why the season ended
          2007-08: ECAC Semifinals, upset Clarkson in 2OT to reach Albany, lost 3-0 (ENG) to Princeton, eventual ECAC Champ
          2008-09: ECAC 1st Round (@Quinnipiac)but 1 OT goal away from advancing to Quarterfinals
          2009-10: ECAC Quarterfinals, lost at home to SLU. Lost 2-1 and 4-3, blew a 3rd period lead in Game 2.

If you look at just our playoff runs, we've been fine. We all agree that Albany was a curse, hex, etc. Now can we make a deep run this year? Honsetly, at the beginning of the year, I didn't envision us having ZERO conference wins come February 2011. Fortunately the #11 seed in EACH of the past 2 years has upset the #6 seed. And 2 years ago Brown had only 3 regular season wins, finished 12th, and swept Harvard (both shutouts) to advance to the quarterfinals. Then last year Brown made it to Albany as the #11 seed! ANYTHING can happen in this league.
          Colgate '09

Comment

Man oh man I hope we can get back to the ECACs and lose, it'd be just like the old times. Doghok, figure it out man. Hopefully you aren't as tolerant of mediocrity in real life as you are here. That'd really be a shame.

Comment

Watched Dex in the AHL All star game last night. Previous poster please vamoose !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

UHhky...stay the course...allowing all teams in the ECAC to participate is the play-offs may be fine, but it reminds me of an 8 and under girls soccer league where all players on the team get a trophy for simply showing up...assuming we would've beaten SLU in their rink in 2006-07 is a stretch, to say the least...even with Dek we were no better than a .500 hockey team over his three years (despite save percentages of .923, .924, .923...)...take a page from Gate93 and evaluate the last 4 3/4 years objectively...they are BELOW mediocre...accountability folks...sleezy stockbrokers use the expression: let's put a little lipstick on this pig and try to sell it..."happy talkers" stop using the lipstick...

Comment

Amen to that. I have a feeling we have some posters in here who are connected with the staff/administration and obviously can't bring themselves to objective considerations of what changes need to be made. But whatever, you keep supporting the same terrible policies and the odds are bound to turn in your favor eventually, right?

Comment

I disagree with the argument by Greencoat giving "competitive" players the "pass" on excessive penalty minutes. There is a way to play the game with physicality that doesn't result in stupid, behind the play slashes or trips. I've seen 15 plus games this year and I would submit that the players on this team that play with a physical game are not the most penalized. Those players just don't over react when they are hit or when someone takes the puck away.
                    The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

point taken Gaterrooter...I know Day is frustrated this year, but he has taken some "unfortunate" penalties; and unlike last year, when McIntire did the same, we don't have Williams and Cox on the PK...

Comment

of course, it would be unlike me to post something and not be at least somewhat negative (objective)...

If pessimism is a lack of hope or faith in the future what is realism??? 3-21-2 and 0-12-2

Comment

Apparently that's something to be optimistic about. I mean, it can't get any worse can it? There's always an upside even if that means losing in the first round like the last 2 years or in ECACs like the year before or the second round like the year before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                            As a whole, I think this team has a lot of potential. Offensively, we are still trying to find an identity, especially on the power play. Defensively, we were great. I didn't have total confidence in Alex Evin, but he didn't disappoint me. Surprisingly, Wade Poplawski did not play tonight. Hopefully he was a healthy scratch and not injured. This looks like it could be a great season!
                            Remember when?.....
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                              of course, it would be unlike me to post something and not be at least somewhat negative (objective)...

If pessimism is a lack of hope or faith in the future what is realism??? 3-21-2 and 0-12-2
                              And what is optimism?
                              The fact that Union has taken its sweet time to get where it is today
                              The fact that RPI was in the cellar not too long ago along with Clarkson and Brown
                              The fact that Dartmouth was always a basement team and a gimme 'W' until the late 90s
                              Colgate can only improve from here

Agree with Gate93 that Starr is a hinderance. It would take more than a new rink; we're in dire need of a new hockey/bb facility. The cheap, glass cases with hard-earned trophies stuck out of common view here and there, brown tile a la 1970 McDonalds...it's a time warp of depression with an uninspiring future.

I should have known things would get this bad when seats behind the goal became reserved!!!
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

I already know your connection, and I'm not impressed with your habits. If you think your input is beneficial, its not. Your connection is emotional, and a few know why. Take a hike.

Greencoat, I'm surprised from one alumni to another. This is not the way to deal with problems. Your support of a new basher isn't going to benefit this school.

Your silver puck financial support and most of your comments have been well documented and respected.

This is starting to become a very distasteful thread, one that I will not be part of any longer. I,m out.

My support of the school and program will stay, but the coach, program, and school do not deserve to be beat up like this. I hope the team (players) turn this season into a postive starting this weekend. They deserve it, as they continue to work hard. "Winning" would be the answer to all the Crying. Most of these posts wouldn't be here, except for the ones with hidden agenda's.
                                Last edited by doghok; 02-01-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X