This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2010-11

I'm thinking about adding a drug test to all posters prior to approval. Hopefully current posters are grandfathered in.
    The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

So long as it's not a brethalyzer test. I'd fail that.
      Welcome to the board, RaiderJoe2014!
      Not as sold on our goaltending as you are but your scenario to stir the pot...is worth a shot!
      Your posts give me a good laugh GreenCoat...even if it is at Colgate's expense.
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
        Not as sold on our goaltending as you are but your scenario to stir the pot...is worth a shot!
        Your posts give me a good laugh GreenCoat...even if it is at Colgate's expense.
        Bill you've never liked a goalie since the Dex Show, so glad to see you're willing to try some out of the box thinking for goalies. I remember an on the fly goalie switch in the ECAC's to get Moose in. Maybe we should try shifting them like D. We have three dressed to play with.
        Last edited by HockeyEh; 01-26-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Please grandfather all previous posters re: drug test...I'd fail it at 10PM and 10AM...kind of wish the Spinl boys were coming next year to keep my out of rehab...the state mental health facilities in Connecticut are above average, but have an inordinate amount of male nurses...snow down here this AM reminded me of those halcyon days in Hamilton...

Comment

lmaoooo
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderJoe2014 View Post
              Newly minted (this season) Gate rooter and a big hockey fan
              I have an idea to help us win.
              The position we are deepest at is goalie. We have three good ones. Why not rotate them each game. That keeps them fresh and one of them will eventually win a game by himself. Or better yet, play each of them one period in each game. That's weird but it's out of the box thinking
              In your dreams....

BTW, welcome to the thread Raider Joe!
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEh View Post
                I remember an on the fly goalie switch in the ECAC's to get Moose in. Maybe we should try shifting them like D. We have three dressed to play with.
                It was in the 2008 ECAC Consolation Game. Being the last game of the season, both Dex and Kowalkoski (or "Moose"), roughly split time in net that game. Moose played from about the midpoint of the 2nd period to about 2 min. left in the 3rd then we switched goalies "on the fly" and Dex came back in. I don't know why we did that but hey -- it worked to perfection.

Harvard is only averaging 1.78 goals per game. The Crimson have only reached the 3-goal plateau just FOUR times this season. But meanwhile, in our last 4 games we've scored only 5 goals. Can we get our offense back on track tomorrow night? I'll be at the game wearing my maroon colors. It's now or never.
                Colgate '09

Comment

I've seen so many threads stating negative trends in stats this year. For example: Gate is 0-11 in 1 goal games or Gate is 1-15-1 in games played on Saturdays or Gate is 1-12-1 when taking a tripping penalty in the 2nd period. The team is 3-19-2! The only way I think we can positively spin a stat, other than the obvious, Gate is 3-0-2 in games they don't lose.

Gate is 1-0 in games played in Massachusetts and guess where Harvard is? I'm feeling it.
                  The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

5/5 comment.

Unfortunately the entire distribution of our record is skewed towards suck so everything's a distant outlier.

Comment

Sullivan's picked us to lose, 2-1 and 3-1 this weekend. I've got a hunch.....just a hunch, mind you....we take 4 points at Harv/Dart. Call me crazy but I think the dam is about to burst with an offensive output that should carry us through both games. I've never gotten vibes like this all season...
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Go Gate !!!!!!
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I've got vibes too and they don't include four points...I'd be very happy with two...maybe while we're over in eastern New England our AD can set up another match with Army in Cape Cod...

Comment

Well, that was a ****ing disappointment.

I happened to snag a seat in the front row against the glass, just to the right of the Colgate bench. Thought maybe I could overhear the coaching or other random bench sounds. But I didn't. Maybe it was a good thing. I honestly thought we would take control of the game after we scored first to take a 1-0 lead. But nope. As the 1st Colgate goal was being announced over the intercom, Harvard scores to knot it at 1. Then on our first penalty kill, we start strong and keep Harvard from setting up in our defensive zone until there's about 30 ticks left on the kill. Then Harvard dumps the puck in and gets set up and we're unable to regain possession -- leads to a goal. And lo and behold -- we're trailing again.

About midway through the 2nd period, Harvard scores again to make it 3-1. Now I'm frustrated. We allow 3 goals to a team averaging 1.78 goals per game at the midpoint of regulation??? Epic fail. Then we allow them to score with under a minute left in the 2nd. Another backbreaker. TWO goals against in the final minute of both the 1st and 2nd periods. Not a good sign. Thought we would make a comeback in the 3rd when Brisebois scored but it was not meant to be.

Other legal mumbo jumbo:
                            -Great Colgate crowd tonight. It's too bad the score wasn't in our favor.
                            -With 1 min. left in the 2nd after the PA announcer made note that only a single minute left, I couldn't help but hear the chant "and Cornell still sucks" -- usually shouted by the pep band at home games.
                            -When was the last time we allowed TWO ENG's in the same game? Didn't know we pulled the goalie until I noticed Harvard scored an ENG (the first one).
                            -For the 2nd game in a row, an opposing player scored a hat trick against us. Coincidentially, the opposing 3-goal scorer wore number 9.

Will the athletics dept. at Colgate notice that we have 3 wins and 20 losses and do something about it? I don't know, something tells me they don't care but maybe someone does.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

I drove from Hamilton, got lost becaue the guy who built this city had a bad case of ADD, got there in the first and it was 1-1. We were all over them. They couldn't get out of their zone. We were swarming them and then a puck got chipped up the boards they get a 2 on 1 and score. In the second they scored one that should never have gone in and it hurt us.
                              This will sound nuts but the coaches coached a great game. They took out the goalie after the third goal and that was good because it said to the team don't worry that was a fluke you guys are doing fine.
                              Then at the end of the second they score with less than a minute left which hurt. One of their guys made a nice play.
                              In the third we swarmed those guys for the whole time. No one could figure out how we didn't score 3 in that period. We played our best 9 forwards, and I think 4 D and these guys were playing like madmen. We were in front of their net the whole time . Guys were flying up ice and they could not stop us. . It was nice and my BU friend started rooting for us.
                              It was awesome that we pulled our goalie at 4-2 and 5-2 because it said to Harvard we won't stop attacking you no matter how many goals you score. I am not someone who says everything's great coaches are perfect and all that but they coached this perfectly in my opinion.
                              Whoever plays us in the playoffs will be surprised. I am going to sleep now.

Comment

what is the record for most ENG allowed in a season??? We've got to be very competitive in this area...didn't watch/didn't listen...having tangibly increased my Silver Puck contribution this year I figured I've done my penance. I KNOW the kids are trying and have stated the same on many occasions...it comes down to a talent issue, especially depth of talent and that's not going to really be addressed until the fall of 2012 if at all...a lot of people involved in the program - and some who have very visible positions in the program - are simply in a state of denial. THAT must change or we'll be doing a long-term impression of Mich Tech...

Comment

Working...
                                X