X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2010-11

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    Appert's done a great job, especially with the loss of two studs after their freshmen years. It's ironic that he replaced Dan Fridgen, who had a decent record (I think 191 wins, 177 losses and a bunch of ties) and was one of Terry Slater's studs that turned around our program in 1978-79. As lead assistant coach at Denver he was a great choice and I give RPI credit for going in another direction after several tough years (Fridgen did get RPI to the NCAAs two or three times). Although I think DV should stay, we've got to do something to turn around a falling program here. I'm not optimistic...
    211-193-36. Fridgen took RPI to the NCAA tourney once, during his first year.

I think that Steve Miller was actually Denver's lead AC. I agree that Seth Appert has been doing quite well after losing two important players after one season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not sure the logic of taking one of your best penalty killers and most hard nosed players- Mayer out of the lineup. Also. Why go short bench early in second?

Comment

Originally posted by Woodstick View Post
        Not sure the logic of taking one of your best penalty killers and most hard nosed players- Mayer out of the lineup. Also. Why go short bench early in second?
        Was there an injury during the Union game? Perhaps an illness (this is the time of year for those)?

Comment

Pretty sure Mayer was a disciplinary reason !
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Our bench goes short 1/2 way through the 1st period. I'm shocked that the guys on the PP and PK can even skate when we get to the 3rd.
            The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterrooter View Post
              Our bench goes short 1/2 way through the 1st period. I'm shocked that the guys on the PP and PK can even skate when we get to the 3rd.
              This drives me crazy. And, usually the guys he is shortening to are the ones that are taking dumb penalties off the puck (probably because they are exhausted). At this point of a failing season just roll four lines and see who can play. At leaset you gain experience for next year and can see who can play and who can't.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                Appert's done a great job, especially with the loss of two studs after their freshmen years. It's ironic that he replaced Dan Fridgen, who had a decent record (I think 191 wins, 177 losses and a bunch of ties) and was one of Terry Slater's studs that turned around our program in 1978-79. As lead assistant coach at Denver he was a great choice and I give RPI credit for going in another direction after several tough years (Fridgen did get RPI to the NCAAs two or three times). Although I think DV should stay, we've got to do something to turn around a falling program here. I'm not optimistic...
                Appert has gotten much needed support from the RPI Administration that Fridgen didn't have, and I disagree that he had several tough years.
                Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

We win Friday night and it's like game #7 of the Stanley Cup !!!
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

OK. I'm with Shabby. I am AGAIN looking to the future. Can't wait for the weekend. Just hope and pray we don't have our hearts ripped out again.
                    I had to post this just to prove that this could be the best team ever in college hockey with the worst record.

# 10/9 vs. Army (Hyannis, Mass.) 3-1 W
                    # 10/16 vs. Brock (Exhibition) 3-2 W
                    # 10/22 at Lake Superior State 2-1 L (Pulled Goalie)
                    # 10/23 at Lake Superior State 5-4 L (Pulled Goalie)
                    # 10/30 vs. Sacred Heart (RS Home Opener) 5-0 W
                    # 11/5 at Clarkson (ECAC Opener) 4-4 OT T (OVERTIME)
                    # 11/6 at St. Lawrence 4-1 L
                    # 11/12 vs. Princeton 4-3 L (PULLED GOALIE)
                    # 11/13 vs. Quinnipiac (Silver Puck) 3-1 L (PULLED GOALIE)
                    # 11/19 vs. Brown 5-2 L (PULLED GOALIE ENG)
                    # 11/20 vs. Yale 6-4 L
                    # 11/23 at Niagara 4-2 L (PULLED GOALIE ENG)
                    # 11/27 vs. Cornell (Newark, N.J.) 4-3 L (PULLED GOALIE)
                    # 12/4 at Army 3-0 W
                    # 12/11 vs. Niagara 4-3 OT L (PULLED GOALIE TO TIE IT)
                    # 12/18 at Robert Morris 3-2 OT L (PULLED GOALIE TO TIE IT)
                    # 12/19 at Robert Morris 3-1 L (PULLED GOALIE)
                    # 12/30 vs. Boston College (@ Dartmouth) 6-5 L (PULLED GOALIE)
                    # 12/31 at Dartmouth 4-3 OT L (OVERTIME)
                    # 1/7 at Quinnipiac 3-1 L (PULLED GOALIE ENG)
                    # 1/9 at Princeton (ESPNU) 5-4 L (PULLED GOALIE)
                    # 1/14 vs. Union 2-1 L (PULLED GOALIE)
                    # 1/15 vs. RPI 2-1 OT L (OVERTIME)

Based on the Bold lettering I would say there are 2 games, Yale (which I thought they played pretty well) and St Lawrence (I thought this was the worst game of the year) that we weren't close in.
                    Last edited by Gaterrooter; 01-18-2011, 03:17 PM. Reason: burgie12's correction.
                    The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

So, as far as I know, Coach Vaughan will indeed by the on the coaches show tonight. If that changes, I'll post here and on my Twitter @JohnMcGrawWKXZ. I'm not sure which players will be joining him - my guess is seniors/upperclassmen likely. The show will be on 93.9 FM on the radio dial and available through the Internet on TEAMLINE (basically just like the game broadcasts).

I'd like to take a few questions from the crowd and we'll do so in an organized manner i.e. submit your written question with your name and where you are from to our screener. Please keep your questions respectful and do keep in mind we'll only be able to have a few on the air due to time constraints. The show starts at 7:00 p.m. and runs through 8:00 p.m. but Coach Vaughan will only be on during the first half of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterrooter View Post
                        # 1/15 vs. RPI 2-1 OT L (PULLED GOALIE)
                        I think you meant (OVERTIME).
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          i think you meant (overtime).
                          now that would've made it very easy for chase
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Gaterrooter -- nice work on the game-by-game analysis. I will agree with you that our loss @St. Lawrence was probably our worst game of the season (I'm writing it off as the Appleton hex). Similarly, the loss against Yale was another of our "decisive" losses -- keep in mind they're #1 in the country and even if we had a winning record, I still think we would have lost that game despite the fact that we played very, VERY well in that matchup. But seriously, essentially EVERY OTHER game not counting those two we've been either tied or down by a single goal with under a minute left in regulation.

Other mumbo jumbo -- we haven't beaten Cornell since January 2007. None of the players currently on the team have experienced a win vs. the Big Red. If we can't muster a single win this weekend not only will we still have that "donut", "monkey on our back", etc. to deal with but Brian Day, Francois Brisebois, and Wade Poplawski will have been the first graduating class in quite some time to have NEVER enjoyed a victory against Cornell. We've defeated every other team in the conference at least once in the past 4 seasons -- but not Cornell. Can this weekend be the epic turnaround that we've been waiting for? I sure hope so. And this time I REALLY hope I'm right, as I've been saying this quite a few times this season.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Anyone geting the Coaches show on Teamline?

Comment

Originally posted by raidernation View Post
                                Anyone geting the Coaches show on Teamline?
                                It should be available tomorrow on the Colgate Athletics website as a Podcast. BTW, welcome to the board raidernation!
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X