X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2010-11

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    BTW, any posters with under 1000 posts is not believeable on this thread . -- except Rainman who is close to the magic number).
    Yay! My posts are relevant! ... almost ... though I'm now one post closer!
    Colgate '09

Comment

26 and counting

Comment

27 and counting. Need to become a 1,000 poster to stay on this board

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyeh View Post
          27 and counting. Need to become a 1,000 poster to stay on this board
          lol, lol
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Bored so I went looking at stats. We've outshot just about everybody including Yale 15-2 in the third period. Are we getting perimeter shots(excluding PP) or can't finish or what do you think it is ??
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

A Lot of perimeter and low percentage shots. We don't seem to get any traffic in front either. All but a few seem unwilling to take the punishment to stay in front. That being said, I saw Bourdon score with a shot from the goal line out wide. Hit the goalie and went in. So, I guess a shot on goal is never a bad play.

Comment

Repeating myself, but we seem to lack that big, physical force in the paint that we had with Jesse W. Need a guy who can take the punishment and not be moved from in front of the net who picks up garbage goals. Bourdon is one who comes to mind who can pull this off, as Eh mentioned, although a bit small. I thought Day would fill this role coming in as a frosh. Hope some summer work in the weight room - and at training table - can produce a heavyweight for next year.

Comment

You don't have to be a heavyweight... many of you older gate rooters will remember Sean Nolan. He was not very big, but was mentally as tough as they come. Fearless in front of the net and scored mostly garbage goals. People remember All-American Andy McDonald on that 2000 NCAA team, but Nolan was one of the real keys to their success also.

Comment

Bourdon is more of a shoot from anywhere type of guy who likes to be moving and out of traffic. You need the nasty,take a lickin' type of player to muck it up in front of the net. Mayer comes to mind. That third line is big. Mayer is the shortest but he fights hard for position and has a lot of heart. Day needs to play more of that as well. Let someone else cycle it and let Mayer eat up a defenceman in front and distract the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by UHhky View Post
                      I've just been saying that he's a terrible coach and that this program will go nowhere if he's still there.

Yeah- he's built the program up, but so did Slater. The Vaughan Era is over. When was our last ECAC championship (1990)? When was the last Frozen Four (1990)? Judging by the numbers this should be the year for our next NCAA appearance. Are we happy with one every 10 years?

He's not a good coach. Get someone who the players actually respect and who can actually deliver year-in and year-out. If this guy was running any sort of corporation he'd be out. I don't know why you all are content putting everything on the players every year when the coaching is clearly lacking. Wake up.
                      Well, Christmas has come and gone, and I guess Santa didn't bring you your gift. D.V. is far too valuable into the overall process at Colgate, and you are far to negative, and seemingly bitter. The team came close 3 of the past 5 years at the ECAC's, and all it needed was a bounce or two. Back-Off Big Boy !!

Comment

Sullivan has us losing to the Eagles, 5-3 but beating Mercyhurst 3-2.

Comment

I'd sign up for that right now

We never usually do well in tournaments, so I'm not expecting much. If they can get into some kind of more consistent groove with their overall play, I'll forgo results in exchange for a good run down the stretch in ECAC play

Long-winded way of saying I'm hoping for the best, but this tournament doesn't mean much for the overall season, IMO
                          ECAC Champions: 1990
                          NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                          ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                          NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                          Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

I'm not surprised by that. Remember, BC is defending national champs.

I've made my decision. I'll be making the drive up north to NH tomorrow morning to watch the Raiders take on the Eagles in person. The odds are way against us, but I've got a feeling the team will come out to play tomorrow.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                              I'm not surprised by that. Remember, BC is defending national champs.

I've made my decision. I'll be making the drive up north to NH tomorrow morning to watch the Raiders take on the Eagles in person. The odds are way against us, but I've got a feeling the team will come out to play tomorrow.
                              Good luck, Rainman. Please give us a full report when you get back. Hopefully the Raiders can give a good showing (and maybe even a win......or tie?)

Comment

Geez, I missed the entire game....the schedule indicated a 7 PM start.

Comment

Working...
                                X