This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2010-11

No helmits either....I never wore one in 10 years of semipro, why start now ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

In the words of a famous American: "Can't we all just get along?"
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

OK Didn't wear one in senior hockey either. Come on Colskate just like Gaterrooter said we all need some fire in our belly.

Comment

Season's greetings from The'Coat...upon the advice of my psychiatrist my beverage of choice during the video feed of the 'Gate's hockey games for 2011 has been changed from chardonnay to Jack Daniels (out of the bottle)...this lifestyle decision has several advantages, one of which is that on many nights I will be passed out prior to the conclusion of our games...

For those of you who are getting tired of reading the holiday mail, I suggest you take a look at Union's hockey roster (BCJHL presence) or any number of ECAC programs that seem to be getting it right. My wish for the New Year is that SOMEONE (hopefully our new president) takes note that our composite winter sports record (men's hoops and hockey) is now 3-21-1. The problems surrounding the hockey program didn't start this year. They have arisen over the past 4-5 years and if there are still those that claim (and there are a few) that it is simply a problem of subpar goaltending and some bad bounces are being, at best, intellectually lazy.

Comment

"Season's greetings from The'Coat...upon the advice of my psychiatrist my beverage of choice during the video feed of the 'Gate's hockey games for 2011 has been changed from chardonnay to Jack Daniels (out of the bottle)...this lifestyle decision has several advantages, one of which is that on many nights I will be passed out prior to the conclusion of our games..."

This statement actually made me spit my chardonnay out of my nose! Well said. And I think I may follow suit accordingly. Hopefully, this will turn things around in '11. . . .

Comment

Merry, Merry from the Skate! Curious what posters think of Heisenberg's recruit list so far? It's freightening to me to see Dartmouth with 18 recruits, 10 of them coming in next year; Brown with 14 semi-commited, some arriving in 2012 or 2013; Harvard with 13 listed, 8 next season; Yale 17 listed, 8 for next year; Princeton 11 listed, 8 for next season; Union 9 on the list, 7 next year. Admittedly SLU lists only 5 so far, and Colgate has 8, with 3.5 indicated for next year. It's scary to me to see these huge numbers for programs that seem to be in the top half of the league so far this season. Their recruiting tentacles seem to reach far and wide and they are putting up big numbers. What do you think? How do we measure up? (Interesting that the Tigers seem to be going with all Canadian recruits, while the Crimson are sticking to the prep ranks...what does this mean, if anything?)

Comment

It means we're staying where we are !
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                  Merry, Merry from the Skate! Curious what posters think of Heisenberg's recruit list so far? It's freightening to me to see Dartmouth with 18 recruits, 10 of them coming in next year; Brown with 14 semi-commited, some arriving in 2012 or 2013; Harvard with 13 listed, 8 next season; Yale 17 listed, 8 for next year; Princeton 11 listed, 8 for next season; Union 9 on the list, 7 next year. Admittedly SLU lists only 5 so far, and Colgate has 8, with 3.5 indicated for next year. It's scary to me to see these huge numbers for programs that seem to be in the top half of the league so far this season. Their recruiting tentacles seem to reach far and wide and they are putting up big numbers. What do you think? How do we measure up? (Interesting that the Tigers seem to be going with all Canadian recruits, while the Crimson are sticking to the prep ranks...what does this mean, if anything?)
                  Dartmouth seems to sign a lot of average players. Take a look, for example, where Heisenberg rates their USHL recruits. A few will pan out, the rest won't be back after a year. To some extent, the rest of the Ivies seem to do the same thing.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterrooter View Post
                    So here's what I'm thinking. We go to Dartmouth and sneak up on BC. Then we win the Championship game on New Years EVE and serve notice that 2011 is our year! I've heard coach V say it twice now and I do believe he is right. They are not far away from putting some W's up.
                    Here's to hoping the Colgate winning streak starts on 12/31/10 and they go undefeated the remainder of the regular season.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Here's to hoping the Colgate winning streak starts on 12/31/10 and they go undefeated the remainder of the regular season.
                      I'm perfectly fine with that. Cheers.
                      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

I've just been saying that he's a terrible coach and that this program will go nowhere if he's still there.

Yeah- he's built the program up, but so did Slater. The Vaughan Era is over. When was our last ECAC championship (1990)? When was the last Frozen Four (1990)? Judging by the numbers this should be the year for our next NCAA appearance. Are we happy with one every 10 years?

He's not a good coach. Get someone who the players actually respect and who can actually deliver year-in and year-out. If this guy was running any sort of corporation he'd be out. I don't know why you all are content putting everything on the players every year when the coaching is clearly lacking. Wake up.

Comment

Happy holidays to everyone who posts here. I've been on vacation for the past week and didn't see the scores from the RMU games until now -- all I can say is that the lyrics to this song pretty much tell us the story of our season.

Looking at our schedule, at the start of the year I thought, based on our success last year, that we would be 10-5-1 going into the BC game (with the projected losses coming to LSSU (1), SLU, Yale, Niagara (1), and RMU (1) and the tie at Clarkson). Instead we're 3-12-1. I want to blame Don Vaughan. I've only seen the team play once (the season opener on Cape Cod), and thought we would be in for a solid winning season. I didn't think that would be just ONE of three victories so far.

As luck has it, I have the day off from work on Thursday, so I'm currently contemplating a trip to Hanover to see the team play Boston College. The odds are definitely against us, but maybe my presence and passionate cheering for Colgate will be a good luck charm. If not, well, I'll finally see with my own eyes what exactly we've been doing wrong that's making us pay dearly...
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                            If not, well, I'll finally see with my own eyes what exactly we've been doing wrong that's making us pay dearly...
                            Not necessarily, because if we lose, it could also be just because it's BC that we're playing.
                            Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Yeah, I think I would see us play both BC and Dartmouth/Merceyhurst before drawing a conclusion. Always better to see a weekend of games to get the real feelings about a team's performance. BC may be too good for any team in this field.

BTW, any posters with under 1000 posts is not believeable on this thread . -- except Rainman who is close to the magic number). We try to keep things upbeat here, and this has generally been a positive thread over the years. A lot of the newbies posting seem to have a grudge against the present day coaches. DV's record speaks for itself. Posting smack on this thread is counter productive and gets us nowhere. Legitimate constructive cristism is welcome, but lets keep things going in a positive direction. There is a thread for trash talk on this board - I would suggest you take your gripes over there.

Comment

Colskate just hit 1000 this week. I have a bunch more to go so I will be repeatedly posting throughout the rest of the year until I hit 1000!
                                The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Working...
                                X