This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2010-11

Nice article from the Ottawa Sun about your two new recruits.

http://www.cornwallcolts.com/view/cj...306/news_19688

Ottawa Senators grinder Jesse Winchester, who grew up 20 minutes down the road in Long Sault, trailblazed his path to the NHL through the Cornwall Colts to Colgate.
    “I kind of influenced their decision a bit, but they love hockey so much,” said Winchester, who met the twins four years ago and trains with them regularly in the off-season.

Comment

The big question regarding this Saturday is: will the team be able to build off its win against Army and prove that this was a team intended to finish 4th/5th in the ECAC? Or will it go back to being painfully inconsistent, finding new ways to lose?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our sloppy play is well behind us and that we'll take care of business at home this Saturday. Hopefully the players won't be distracted by their upcoming exams. Usually we don't schedule any games at this time of year to keep the players focused on academics, but hopefully since we're at home it won't be an issue.
      Colgate '09

Comment

Jesse played about 8 minutes last night in the loss to the Rangers.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Nice article on the Twins; can't wait to see them play in 2012. Thanks redhead18.

Comment

For those of you listening tonight online or on the radio, I'll be joined by former Raider Ethan Cox for a two-part interview. We'll discuss....
            • What it's like to play professional hockey
            • The biggest differences between the college and pro games
            • How he came to sign with ECHL Alaska
            • Going through AHL training camp with Peoria
            • What Alaska is like
            • How the travel is out in the western portion of the ECHL
            • Playing two AHL games recently with Portland
            • His first pro fight
            • What he misses most about Colgate

I don't ask if he can see Russia from his apartment. Again, the interview will play in two parts this evening.

Comment

Including tonight, we have 6 games before we play BC on 12/30. The Eagles will not have played for 26 days since Dec. 4. Could that work in our favor?

Sounds like a great interview!
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                Including tonight, we have 6 games before we play BC on 12/30. The Eagles will not have played for 26 days since Dec. 4. Could that work in our favor?
                Six games? Niagara and 2 at Robert Morris = 6? Of course the way they are playing right now every game feels like 2.

Anyway I want to go throw up after this loss tonight. Missed opportunities.

Comment

I will stand firmly behind my rather lengthy post on 12/04/2010...the question I have this evening after viewing the game against Niagara is the following: who wins tonight's performance award, the basketball team that trailed 46-8 at halftime against Syracuse or the pucksters collective third period effort (???) against the Purple Eagles. Frankly, I think it's a difficult choice. Unforced giveaways, undisciplined play, terrible passing, overly passive (as usual) penalty kills - you name it, we did it...I didn't even watch the ot...for enlightened reading I suggest looking at USCHO.com's great article this week on the Yale program under Keith Allain. Although probably a waste of time I will be contacting our current AD this week and ask him how he feels about our men's basketball and hockey programs this year (3-18-1 and counting). I know the espousal of competitive drive is often frowned upon at many liberal arts colleges, but I always that Colgate's traditions somewhat mitigated against this sentiment. Having many friends who attended BC my hope now is that we aren't totally embarrassed in two weeks...

Comment

Green Coat- Good Luck with Dave. That's were the problem starts. He'll probably tell you how great the fall teams did and ask for a donation.

Comment

One more observation..."missed opportunities"???...we were outshot in the third period 19-4 and that IS a reflection of the overall balance of play in the period...

Comment

HockeyEd...I see you know the drill with our AD...couldn't agree more from prior experience...Colgate now reminds me of the British civil service in the 19th century...some of the stuff that comes out of the Development Office is beyond belief...

Comment

Well, that was disappointing. After a shutout win against Army, we *somehow* found a way to lose this game, **at home**. Let's see...

-We were called for 7 penalties to Niagara's 3
                          -We got outshot something like 45-26. At least goaltending is not the problem. Evin actually kept us in the game. Had another goalie started we would have lost 5-3 in regulation.
                          -We blew leads of 1-0 and 3-2 (the latter being for a good portion of the 3rd period)

Also, why why WHY did we "switch directions" to start the OT period? I'm used to seeing us shoot towards the end-zone seating (east goal) for the 1st, 3rd, and (in the past) OT periods. Why would we suddenly shoot towards the press box (west goal) end now????? With fans from the visiting team usually sitting in the end-zone seating, should a game at Starr Rink go into overtime, the visiting fans will be at an advantage, as the visiting (think: Cornell, Clarkson, and St. Lawrence) fans would be right behind OUR goaltender in the sudden-death period. I seriously want to blame this "direction switch" as a possible reason why we lost tonight...
                          Colgate '09

Comment

There were missed opportunities. Some juicy rebounds and back door shooting opportunities that we didn't bury. As good as Evin played, a couple looked like he should have made the save.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                              Well, that was disappointing. After a shutout win against Army, we *somehow* found a way to lose this game, **at home**. Let's see...

-We were called for 7 penalties to Niagara's 3
                              -We got outshot something like 45-26. At least goaltending is not the problem. Evin actually kept us in the game. Had another goalie started we would have lost 5-3 in regulation.
                              -We blew leads of 1-0 and 3-2 (the latter being for a good portion of the 3rd period)

Also, why why WHY did we "switch directions" to start the OT period? I'm used to seeing us shoot towards the end-zone seating (east goal) for the 1st, 3rd, and (in the past) OT periods. Why would we suddenly shoot towards the press box (west goal) end now????? With fans from the visiting team usually sitting in the end-zone seating, should a game at Starr Rink go into overtime, the visiting fans will be at an advantage, as the visiting (think: Cornell, Clarkson, and St. Lawrence) fans would be right behind OUR goaltender in the sudden-death period. I seriously want to blame this "direction switch" as a possible reason why we lost tonight...
                              Don't think they switched ends in the Clarkson OT game as far as I know. I was rather surprised when they switched ends - that's not something that has happened in the past.

Comment

Pros: Great interview of Ethan Cox by GRadio. Cons: I can't add to the other posts. My heart sunk when we continued to put men in the box during the 3rd period. There's that feeling of deja vu with this team, over and over again. I'm seriously concerned about the morale on this team and how they cope with the rest of the season's schedule. What does the coaching staff say to the players after daggers to the heart like last night's loss? I read things about RPI beating BU, etc, and it makes me wonder if we will see another "W" this season. I'm so discouraged right now, but I'm sure the players are even more so. It will take a superhuman effort to throw away what's happened so far, and come out in the middle of the ECAC pack. And Bob Morris will be no cakewalk...

Comment

Working...
                                X