Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick Stampede (St Cloud, RIT, Clarkson, UNO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maverick Stampede (St Cloud, RIT, Clarkson, UNO)

No Burt for RIT in the game against St. Cloud. Interesting he isn't playing, were we given any reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
      No Burt for RIT in the game against St. Cloud. Interesting he isn't playing, were we given any reason?
      I didn't hear Murph in the starting lineup either. Wayne probably wants to see what some of these freshman can do against the big boys. Interesting idea, but safe since it's OOC.
      e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
        I didn't hear Murph in the starting lineup either. Wayne probably wants to see what some of these freshman can do against the big boys. Interesting idea, but safe since it's OOC.
        murph's playing.

Comment

murph's playing.
          Yup. It's Janda that is sitting.

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
            Yup. It's Janda that is sitting.
            do we have any explanation for no janda and no burt?

Comment

do we have any explanation for no janda and no burt?
              Sounded like a pretty good first period for the Tigers...couple chances just missing wide and a couple nice stops by Roponnen...0-0.

I would have to think Burt is a little dinged up. I can't imagine him running afoul of Wilson already or being held out to test some freshmen (it may be NC, but a great NC schedule can provide some insurance for an upset loss in March)

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                Sounded like a pretty good first period for the Tigers...couple chances just missing wide and a couple nice stops by Roponnen...0-0.

I would have to think Burt is a little dinged up. I can't imagine him running afoul of Wilson already or being held out to test some freshmen (it may be NC, but a great NC schedule can provide some insurance for an upset loss in March)
                Yeah, with Janda being the other scratch I'd have to think the same. There's no reason to scratch him for the freshies if you're playing the rest of the lineup.

Go Tigers.

Comment

So much for that optimism.

Comment

Come on staypuff, Clarkson got beat bad but they had some good moments. They never gave up. for about the first 10 minutes they looked pretty good. I'm sure they'll come back tomorrow night and take out their frustrations. They got called on a lot of penalties but they weren't throwing around a bunch of cheap shots.
                    UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                      Come on staypuff, Clarkson got beat bad but they had some good moments. They never gave up. for about the first 10 minutes they looked pretty good. I'm sure they'll come back tomorrow night and take out their frustrations. They got called on a lot of penalties but they weren't throwing around a bunch of cheap shots.
                      That means they were slow, couldn't keep up, etc... bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by puckhead@uno View Post
                        Hey all. For those of you making the trip here, I hope you enjoy your stay. Weather looks perfect for hanging out downtown before and after the game. If you need recommendations for places to go to eat/revel, post what you're looking for and I'm happy to help.

Offensively, the PP looked real good initially, not always scoring, but good zone control. Players to watch are Alex Hudson and Terry Broadhurst. Newcomer Matt White looks to be a very exciting player, and we have a couple of good senior leaders in Joey Martin and Rich Purslow.

Alas, just one man's impression.
                        Power PLay looks good but the get a few chances to get good quality shots. Still need to work on that PP though. Matt White looked pretty good last night for a freshman, and the one i will watch is Walters who decommited from Minny. Alex Hudson with 3 assists very nice. Looking forward to tonights game against RIT.
                        Lets go GOPHERS! Lets go UNO Mavericks!!

Comment

Definately going to be an interesting game between UNO and RIT. The Tigers certainly showed they can hang with a quality team like St. Cloud without their best scorer (who I expect to be in the lineup tonight).
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                            Definately going to be an interesting game between UNO and RIT. The Tigers certainly showed they can hang with a quality team like St. Cloud without their best scorer (who I expect to be in the lineup tonight).
                            for sure looking forward to this game Komey... like you said any indications how the played SCSU this should be a great game. Gonna try to catch 1/2 of SCSU/Clarskon game.. gonna root for Clarkson even though SCSU is tough.
                            Lets go GOPHERS! Lets go UNO Mavericks!!

Comment

Clarkson is going to need all the fans they can get, taking a shellacking happens, how they respond is going to be bellwether.
                              Last edited by drewcu; 10-09-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                                Clarkson is going to need all the fans they can get, taking a shellacking happens, how they respond is going to be bellwether.
                                Motzko talks very highly of your coach so I am going to assume we will see a much better effort from Calrkson tonight.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X