Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010-2011 Scores and Highlights

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
    The "miracle twins" came up with zero points. I wasn't impressed with them, frankly, but it's the first game I've ever seen them play. I'll chalk it up to them having an off day because this couldn't have been them at their best.
    This is too funny, I had to look all the way back to March 20, 2009 to find this beautiful quote. Schmoe, were we seperated at birth, or what?

Originally posted by IceIsNice
    My first time seeing the Lam's, ever.......and, I feel like I never did!

So, let's see, why could this be?

Option 1: They too had food poisoning (sincerely hope Grogan feels better soon)

Option 2: Credit the Lakers for outplaying them and controlling them

Option 3: Just a bad night, and I should look forward to seeing them another time

Option 4: O vah ray ted! {clap, clap, clap-clap-clap}

I'm going with option 3, but what the heck, thought I'd have some fun with this!
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

The two things I noticed the most about them is that (a) they only pass the puck to each other and that makes them pretty easy to figure out, and (b) neither one of them is very good when they get pressured. At least that was the case tonight.

Overrated? Maybe just a tad. Bro.

Comment

Overrated? Maybe just a tad. Bro.
        That wasn't intended to be a current assessment, just funny that almost 2 years ago I had almost the same response.

I saw the game on TV tonight and the whole UND team seemed out of sync. Unless the team around them is playing better, it's probably unfair to expect any two players to carry the load. Love to see the shot chart by player....I'm guessing their line generated most of the shots, just based on my casual viewing. True or false?
        Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Bottom line is North Dakota didn't put up much of a challenge and the "miracle twins" came up with zero points. I wasn't impressed with them, frankly, but it's the first game I've ever seen them play. I'll chalk it up to them having an off day because this couldn't have been them at their best. And the Dogs played a solid 60 minutes. I think UMD's bench is too deep for the Sioux to do much against.
          Further evidence that if you hope to compete in the top echelon in womens hockey today, you need more than two (or three) great players. Compared to UMD and a few others they probably don't have as strong of a supporting cast - yet.

But look for North Dakota to get better each year - they are recruiting well and I believe they will pose a serious challenge to the "big three" in the near future. And despite tonight's score every team will need to bring their "A" game THIS year, or they'll run the risk of getting upset (as BU learned last weekend).
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
            Love to see the shot chart by player....I'm guessing their line generated most of the shots, just based on my casual viewing. True or false?
            I would think so. It did seem that way. In all fairness, Kim Martin did have a good game tonight, too.

Comment

UMD shuts out North Dakota 4-0. But the game wasn't as close as the score might suggest.
              Not sure what you are referring to Schmoe but apparently in a mid-game interview with a Lam, she commented that they were "dominating" the game. The score was 0-3. Are you kidding me? And let's not even talk about the Shots on Goal.

Comment

What I meant was the score could've easily been 7 or 8 or ten to nothing.

And the Lam in question just couldn't bring herself to admit out loud that the Bulldogs were dominating. She said the score wasn't so much about what the Dogs were doing right but more about what the Sioux were doing wrong. Boo hoo.

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                  Not sure what you are referring to Schmoe but apparently in a mid-game interview with a Lam, she commented that they were "dominating" the game. The score was 0-3. Are you kidding me? And let's not even talk about the Shots on Goal.
                  Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe;
                  What I meant was the score could've easily been 7 or 8 or ten to nothing.

And the Lam in question just couldn't bring herself to admit out loud that the Bulldogs were dominating. She said the score wasn't so much about what the Dogs were doing right but more about what the Sioux were doing wrong. Boo hoo.
                  Save the bragging and the trash talk for the UMD thread. We all know how wonderful UMD is, but we are coming to this thread to get scores.

Comment

Originally posted by scrambledlegs View Post
                    Save the bragging and the trash talk for the UMD thread. We all know how wonderful UMD is, but we are coming to this thread to get scores.
                    Bravo!
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Ummm...I'm coming here to get the scores and highlights.

Plenty of highlights for UMD...not so many for UND.

Comment

Does that apply to everybody or only those who post UMD game scores and highlights? Someone asked me a question, I answered it and a discussion ensued. Ooooo...sorry about that.

Comment

Does that apply to everybody or only those who post UMD game scores and highlights? Someone asked me a question, I answered it and a discussion ensued. Ooooo...sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

Nice josephPschmoe...you know it only applies to UMD
                          Thank you Seniors, Rasmussen,Blais,Tuominen,Murray ,Hakala...your contributions will never be forgotten.
                          2010 National Champions!!!! And lets not forget 2008 as well!!

Comment

I can not find a link anywhere for the Mercyhurst game. Anyone have any ideas?
                            "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
                              I can not find a link anywhere for the Mercyhurst game. Anyone have any ideas?
                              You mean a video feed or something like that?

Comment

You mean a video feed or something like that?
                                More like radio or livestat
                                "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X