Fox/Dish Network Dispute Affects College Hockey Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox/Dish Network Dispute Affects College Hockey Fans

Bad news for those with Dish Network who watch the Fox Regional Sports Channels.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/10/01/tech...orts/index.htm

Re: Fox/Dish Network Dispute Affects College Hockey Fans

DISH Network typically has these problems and lets the contract negotiations fight for a few days. I would say, by the time our (college hockey's) season rolls around, a new contract will be negotiated and FOX Sports will be seen again.

Comment

Last season Directv and Comcast had a dispute and subscribers were without NHL coverage (Versus) until just before the playoffs. The only way you could view NHL regular season games was with their Center Ice package.

Comment

DU hasn't released their TV schedule yet, but Fox-Rocky Mountain contacted me and said that viewers may be able to access the televised games on the internet.

Comment

My mother texted me the other day and told me about this and now claims her and my dad are maybe going to have to switch to Direct TV. In Minnesota, not getting FSN is like death to sports fans like my parents.

Comment

I emailed my opinion to ceo@dishnetwork.com and this is the response I received.......

Dear Valued DISH Network Customer,

Thank you for your recent communication regarding your channel.
            We regret that FOX Networks, the owner of some Regional Sports Networks, FX and National Geographic Channel, removed their channels from the DISH Network line-up. FOX has demanded a rate increase of more than 50%. An increase this large would force DISH Network to pass these costs on to our customers, which we are unwilling to do during these tough economic times.

We know these channels are important to you which is why during the FOX Sports lock-out, we're pleased to bring you 20 additional sports channels at no cost. We assure you that we are doing everything possible to restore these channels. In the meantime, you will not miss a single MLB playoff game or NFL Game. The Solutions Tab has a full list of alternative sports options available to you while we continue to negotiate with FOX.

DISH Network will continue to work tirelessly for a fair agreement in order to bring these channels back at the earliest possible time. Feel free to share your thoughts and concerns by e-mailing us at president@dishnetwork.com. We assure you that we will read every e-mail we receive.

Thank you for your patience during this process and for being a valued DISH Network customer.

Sincerely,
            DISH Network
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
              My mother texted me the other day and told me about this and now claims her and my dad are maybe going to have to switch to Direct TV. In Minnesota, not getting FSN is like death to sports fans like my parents.
              It might be death to a sports fan but that doesn't mean FSN can just charge Dish Network whatever they want...if I were to complain, it would probably be to FSN, not Dish Network...and yes I do have Dish Network.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The Fox Sports package was the only reason I went with Dish Network. For 4.99 a month I could watch every MN Gopher game and and a handful of other WCHA and CCHA games across the country. Last month I cancelled Dish Network and have been going "rabbit ears" and bought CC season tickets! Good Move!
                "When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back." -- Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Summerzzzoff View Post
                  The Fox Sports package was the only reason I went with Dish Network. For 4.99 a month I could watch every MN Gopher game and and a handful of other WCHA and CCHA games across the country. Last month I cancelled Dish Network and have been going "rabbit ears" and bought CC season tickets! Good Move!
                  Wow, $4.99? Isn't that the same package (just regional sports networks minus the major league sports) that DirecTV charges $12.99 for?
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Wow, $4.99? Isn't that the same package (just regional sports networks minus the major league sports) that DirecTV charges $12.99 for?
                    Dish Network has their multi-sports package for $7/month now...

"Subscribe to Multi-Sport and receive NFL RedZone, NBA TV, NHL Network and over 25 local sports networks."

EDIT: What is in the Dish Network Multi-sports package for $7/month:

Altitude Sports & Entertainment
                    Cox Sports Television New Orleans
                    Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
                    Comcast SportsNet California
                    Comcast SportsNet Chicago
                    Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
                    Comcast SportsNet New England
                    ESPN Classic*
                    Fox Sports Arizona
                    Fox Sports Cincinnati
                    Fox Sports Detroit
                    Fox Sports Florida
                    Fox Sports Midwest
                    Fox Sports North
                    Fox Sports Northwest
                    Fox Sports Ohio
                    Fox Sports Pittsburgh
                    Fox Sports Rocky Mountain
                    Fox Sport South
                    Fox Sports Southwest
                    Fox Sports West
                    Mid-Atlantic Sports Network
                    Mid-Atlantic Sports Network Alternate
                    Madison Square Garden
                    MSGPlus
                    New England Sports Network
                    NFL RedZone*
                    Fox Sports Prime Ticket
                    SportsNet New York
                    SportSouth
                    SportTime Ohio
                    Sun Sports
                    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 10-01-2010, 01:04 PM.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

That is the package I had for 4.99 - it was great!
                      "When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back." -- Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Summerzzzoff View Post
                        That is the package I had for 4.99 - it was great!
                        Yes it went up to $7 a month this spring

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Yes it is. Some months ago (during the Comcast/DirecTV dispute over Vs.) I called DirecTV to complain about a number of things. One was the fact they charged about twice as much a month for the Sports Package as DishNet did and there was no reason for me to pay them $13 when I could get it somewhere else for $5. They ended up giving it to me for $2 a month for 6 months. I recently had other complaints and after a couple of phone calls and threats to change to something (anything) else for my TV viewing, they agreed to give me a $20 monthly credit. Anyone who has been with their current multi-channel video provider for more than a year needs to call them and complain about something (anything) and see if you can't wrestle something free or discounted from them. I've tried it 3 times in the last couple of years and each time I got something out of them to the tune of at least $20 a month off my bill.

Comment

At least you guys in the lower 48 have options. I'm living in the f*ing Arctic Circle where the only TV provider is Dish Network. I almost choked the first kid that walked into my classroom this morning when I saw this.
                            Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                            NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                            Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                            Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Dish Network has their multi-sports package for $7/month now...

"Subscribe to Multi-Sport and receive NFL RedZone, NBA TV, NHL Network and over 25 local sports networks."

EDIT: What is in the Dish Network Multi-sports package for $7/month:

Altitude Sports & Entertainment
                              Cox Sports Television New Orleans
                              Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
                              Comcast SportsNet California
                              Comcast SportsNet Chicago
                              Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
                              Comcast SportsNet New England
                              ESPN Classic*
                              Fox Sports Arizona
                              Fox Sports Cincinnati
                              Fox Sports Detroit
                              Fox Sports Florida
                              Fox Sports Midwest
                              Fox Sports North
                              Fox Sports Northwest
                              Fox Sports Ohio
                              Fox Sports Pittsburgh
                              Fox Sports Rocky Mountain
                              Fox Sport South
                              Fox Sports Southwest
                              Fox Sports West
                              Mid-Atlantic Sports Network
                              Mid-Atlantic Sports Network Alternate
                              Madison Square Garden
                              MSGPlus
                              New England Sports Network
                              NFL RedZone*
                              Fox Sports Prime Ticket
                              SportsNet New York
                              SportSouth
                              SportTime Ohio
                              Sun Sports
                              The DirecTV sports pack has all that (except RedZone) but also has the YES Network, Mountain, Fox Soccer Channel, GolTV, 2 Fox College Sports networks and a bunch of specialty channels (like Speed, Outdoors etc). The MLB and NFL networks are available on all tiers, and NBA, NHL, Golf and Tennis are all available at tier II. I'm guessing the YES Network fee accounts for much of the $7 difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X