Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

The previous thread closed in the nick of time for the new season.

I forgot who suggested this title originally.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Fail.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Fail.

I was leaning to not using a subtitle until it was mentioned that we weren't using one on the recruit thread.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Your OCD is showing again.

Comment

You're welcome, RB.

Hopefully good reports come from the scrimmage. I'll be at the exhibition, and look forward to it.

Comment

Does anyone have very strong feelings about how long the team will take to hit it's rhythm? I have no evidence and I've not seen the boys skate, but I have a very good feeling that they will be in good form early on...

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
              Does anyone have very strong feelings about how long the team will take to hit it's rhythm? I have no evidence and I've not seen the boys skate, but I have a very good feeling that they will be in good form early on...
              Typically our team is strong out of the blocks. I think the bigger question would be how long we are able to hold the rhythm throughout the season.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Typically our team is strong out of the blocks. I think the bigger question would be how long we are able to hold the rhythm throughout the season.
                That has been my observation also. I wonder why it seems to work that way.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                  I can see a 5-1 record before Lake Placid OR 3-3, with Bentley & Niagra being the spoilers. I've only been following RPI hockey for 5yrs (6 this yr) & it's easily noticeable how we tend to play down to the competition. Hopefully this yr. will be different. I sense a lot of external incentives for this team; the push for Chase, multiple NHL scouts at games, doing it w/o JD'A & BP. I can also attest to the leadership of JFK & "Brut" they showed while practice was open at the Knick. I was winded just watching! Watching even K-Mac, Murley, Cavosie, Eisenman bent over,hands on knees along with the current team after a grueling drill & the Capt. pushing them to the next drill. I believe anything short of AC will be considered a losing season for this group of players.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    I can see a 5-1 record before Lake Placid OR 3-3, with Bentley & Niagra being the spoilers.
                    Does that mean you're expecting a sweep of Colorado College on the road, or a split at CC and a victory over RIT?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      Does that mean you're expecting a sweep of Colorado College on the road, or a split at CC and a victory over RIT?
                      split & win
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Exactly-too many years have started out well only to collapse either at the RPI Invitational Tournament or just after it. Just a feeling though that this year will be different-I think we have too much depth to fall apart. I felt this all along which is why we bought our AC tickets the first day they became available.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Just to put this on our new thread... RPI Pick to Click is here. The Engineers' exhibition against UNB will also be a PtC exhibition. Get your picks in before Tuesday at 7.

And forewarning for everyone out there, it's going to be a quick turnaround from Tuesday's exhibition to the Friday-Saturday series in Colorado.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            split & win
                            Unless RIT has lost an awful lot from their Frozen Four team of last year, I have a hard time believing RPI has improved enough to be able to beat them.

I'd like to be optimistic, but I just can't see RPI going 5-1 through this set of opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              Unless RIT has lost an awful lot from their Frozen Four team of last year, I have a hard time believing RPI has improved enough to be able to beat them.
                              A) They did.
                              B) Do you know how many teams they beat outside of Atlantic Hockey and outside of the Times Union Center that one weekend? Zero.

Comment

Working...
                              X