Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Funny, I just heard him say "...Brock Higgs should have been the player of the week...I don't know why he wasn't, scoring two game winning goals..."
    PotW or RotW?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      PotW or RotW?
      I thought he said POTW..but will stand corrected. Point is he agrees Higgs' was snubbed.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I thought he said POTW..but will stand corrected. Point is he agrees Higgs' was snubbed.
        His blog https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...y-ecac-hockey/ says RotW, and I think he also said that, but I could be wrong.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sullivan's blog, "Disadvantageous," notes that our Dutch friends from Schenectady have converted 41.9% of their power play opportunities thus far this season.

If ever there was a time to pay heed to the admonition, "Stay out of the box," Saturday will be that time.

Comment

Without a Peer's podcast will be live tonight at 8pm... http://www.blogtalkradio.com/withoutapeer

Our guest is CHN's Adam Wodon. We'll talk RPI-Union, we'll talk about the RIT/Niagara week, we'll talk about monkeys flinging poo. Don't miss it.
            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
              Without a Peer's podcast will be live tonight at 8pm... http://www.blogtalkradio.com/withoutapeer

Our guest is CHN's Adam Wodon. We'll talk RPI-Union, we'll talk about the RIT/Niagara week, we'll talk about monkeys flinging poo. Don't miss it.
              I can't wait for that third one.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                ...we'll talk about monkeys flinging poo. Don't miss it.
                I always look forward to discussions surrounding ECAC officiating.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  Sullivan's blog, "Disadvantageous," notes that our Dutch friends from Schenectady have converted 41.9% of their power play opportunities thus far this season. :eek....
                  FWIW U's penalty kill is 25/29 .862 and they are averaging 5.5 GPG

RPI's PK is equally stingy 37/ 42 .881 PP is an anemic 7/37 .189

On paper, its advantage U...they've outshot and outscored opponents by a wide margin. Thankfully, the game is played on the ice.
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-28-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Did he happen to mention their PK stats? Its a two way street...
                    9th in the country at 88.1%?

However we do have the 2nd lowest GAA with 1.67; only Boston College is lower. I don't know how much it really means, given who #3 is...

Comment

FWIW U's penalty kill is 25/29 .862 and they are averaging 5.5 GPG

RPI's PK is equally stingy 37/ 42 .881 PP is an anemic 7/37 .189

On paper, its advantage U...they've outshot and outscored opponents by a wide margin. Thankfully, the game is played on the ice.
                      And it is a big rink-not sure who that favors but I suspect it would favor a team with the higher powered offense and work against a good defensive team whose defense has to adapt to the bigger and deeper corners. I would guess from the early season stats that this is a slight plus for Union but it is very debatable. I also suspect that coach SA will still be experimenting a bit with his line up and perhaps even play Bryce in goal. I would not attach a tremendous amount to the outcome of this and it's final score-I would though look carefully at which team seems to match up better on the ice and controls most of the play. It will also be interesting to see how much ferocity is on display between these 2 teams who could face each other more than 3 times this year.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

not sure if this has been mentioned but according to notre dame thread we will be playing them next year
                        RIT Tigers
                        2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                        2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                          not sure if this has been mentioned but according to notre dame thread we will be playing them next year
                          I am almost certain that it has not been mentioned. Thanks.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am almost certain that it has not been mentioned. Thanks.
                            Not sure if RPI plays a 2 game set in South Bend or vice versa or if RPI could be ND's first round opponent in the Shillelagh Tournament next season.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                              Not sure if RPI plays a 2 game set in South Bend or vice versa or if RPI could be ND's first round opponent in the Shillelagh Tournament next season.
                              The post said it was in South Bend, but no other details.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The post said it was in South Bend, but no other details.
                                Were you able to find a link to that interview with Coach Jackson on WSBT's website? So far next years schedule has 22-ECAC league games, 1-@ Army, 1-@ RIT, 2-Colorado College, im guessing at least 1 non-conference game vs Union and 2 @ Notre Dame. That possibly leaves only 5 more games to fill for next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X