Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Is the TU going to continue to write about us this year http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...RIT-719435.php?
    If they are home and its not Graves' bowling night, I imagine the T/U will scrape up $50 to pay him to cover the game.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Video link:
      http://www.rpitv.org/productions/330...-of-technology

There's some great instant replays of most of the goals in there. I hope to have a highlight reel out early this week.
      RPI Class of 2012
      Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        This recruit class has been vastly under rated. Higgs and Rogic are players...
        It wasn't all that long ago that I took offense to someone (NOT you Doc) referring to Higgs as a grinder.... :-) He had a great night. The Polacek / Helfrich tally was a thing of beauty..hope they got that one on tape. It felt really good to see us finish a team off...we all know that's been a challenge. All in all that was as good a team win as I have seen at HFH in some time. Let's hope the boys are ready to make it two and deliver some payback to the Purple Crows tonight....
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
          ...Tinordi had a couple of really huge hits, one right after he knew he was already called for a penalty (xcheck maybe?)...plays with a chip on his shoulder and isn't afraid to throw his weight around. He will be a force this year.

Rogic has got flat out speed, no doubt about that. ...
          Tinordi was a force all night...man among boys strength-wise. In fact, the whole line - Halpern & Rogic - played great and I was begging for them to bury a goal...Scotty Halpern was skating and finishing checks like he had atomic balm in his shorts...outstanding energy & effort. Hope he can keep it rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            If they are home and its not Graves' bowling night, I imagine the T/U will scrape up $50 to pay him to cover the game.
            Hopefully, they also pay for his ticket.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Happy Mole Day... 10/23 And we win
              Last edited by fr joe; 10-24-2010, 02:53 AM.
              Here we come!

Comment

Ed Weaver's article on Saturday's game http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...a765904915.txt
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I noticed that during the RIT game , before the 2nd period started, the players were handing each other a little piece (which looked a little bigger than a piece of gum) to sniff on. All the players sniffed it. Any idea what it is, and is this common?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Ed Weaver's article on Saturday's game http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...a765904915.txt
                    From the article-The Engineers surrendered three goals during a poor third period, including two power-play tallies over the final 6:47 but rebounded to extend their unbeaten string to six games and improve to 3-1-2 overall.
                    How do you have an unbeaten streak of 6 games when you are only 3-1-2??
                    Last edited by DrDemento; 10-24-2010, 08:19 AM.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Ugly win last night but guess what a win is still a win. They cannot play saturday nights like this once the ECAC schedule starts or else they are in trouble. Can Brock Higgs parents come to every game from now on please. Looking forward to the trip to Lake Placid next weekend for some good hockey and good times with our fellow ECAC teams and fans.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                        I noticed that during the RIT game , before the 2nd period started, the players were handing each other a little piece (which looked a little bigger than a piece of gum) to sniff on. All the players sniffed it. Any idea what it is, and is this common?
                        HGH on a stick of gum? Just kidding, probably smelling salts or something.
                        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

BTW- Where is Red Cloud ??? I have not been as active on the board lately but I have not seen our trusted and gifted colleague post. This summer we lost Jerry and Brandon and I for one hope that we don’t lose Red Cloud. Is he dating Lindsay Lohan? Is he in a remote undisclosed location w/ Dick Cheney? If you see this Red Cloud, deign to think about coming back to this thread. Who else is going to lay an a** whooping on Beman or Hokydad?
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            BTW- Where is Red Cloud ??? I have not been as active on the board lately but I have not seen our trusted and gifted colleague post. This summer we lost Jerry and Brandon and I for one hope that we don’t lose Red Cloud. Is he dating Lindsay Lohan? Is he in a remote undisclosed location w/ Dick Cheney? If you see this Red Cloud, deign to think about coming back to this thread. Who else is going to lay an a** whooping on Beman or Hokydad?
                            Maybe he went up in a Cloud of smoke.

He has posted in the Cafe a few times recently, post recently http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4899806.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              From the article-The Engineers surrendered three goals during a poor third period, including two power-play tallies over the final 6:47 but rebounded to extend their unbeaten string to six games and improve to 3-1-2 overall.
                              How do you have an unbeaten streak of 6 games when you are only 3-1-2??
                              I hope that, Ed hasn't been coaching JL to prep him for yesterday's ACT.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                                I would assume, similar to "32 seconds" from last year, that it will remain a "family secret". Maybe a player was chewing it during a big win, butthat's speculation. I probably won't pursue it much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X