Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Do you think we may have an advantage age-wise that he will stay at least one more year, or do you think he'd be another one-and-done? I realize we have a long ways until we cross that bridge, but we could always use a little panties-in-a-bunch speculation from time to time.

BTW, love how despite we keep posting, the thread is still on page 2.
    There are some differences. For one, he would be drafted after his first year, not before he enters. For another, defensemen supposedly develop slower. Lastly, he is majoring in civil engineering, not management. Have we ever had an engineering major leave early?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

HF thread on the ISS list http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=830733. i don't think that Koudys is mentioned outside of on the list itself.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Do you think we may have an advantage age-wise that he will stay at least one more year, or do you think he'd be another one-and-done? I realize we have a long ways until we cross that bridge, but we could always use a little panties-in-a-bunch speculation from time to time.

BTW, love how despite we keep posting, the thread is still on page 2.
        He is much less likely to go than Pirri and D'Amigo did. Age is one factor that would prove beneficial for us. Keep in mind that D'Amigo and Pirri each played one full season with us after being drafted. That alone would take Koudys through his sophomore year. Furthermore, Koudys' game as a defensive defenseman is much less conducive to leaving early than D'Amigo's or Pirri's.

I think the biggest risk with Koudys is that he would get talked into playing in the OHL. Ralph: does anyone hold Koudys' OHL rights?

I also have begun to wonder if the whole Quinn-Koudys situation had more to do with Koudys wanting to come to RPI early rather than RPI needing him to be here early.

DrD: care to renew our recent conversation about Koudys' likely draft stock?

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
          Ralph: does anyone hold Koudys' OHL rights?
          Yes. Oshawa
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            There are some differences. For one, he would be drafted after his first year, not before he enters. For another, defensemen supposedly develop slower. Lastly, he is majoring in civil engineering, not management. Have we ever had an engineering major leave early?
            Puppa

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Puppa
              The 84-85 Hockey Yearbook (i.e., media guide) says that he majored in management. (BTW, Oates and Nienhuis majored in communciations.)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Artcile about JFK which is linked on the offical RPI page http://www.albany.com/news/rpi-captain2010.cfm.

I didn't realize that we had an Engineer as a mascot.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-20-2010, 11:49 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Artcile about JFK which is linked on the offical RPI page http://www.albany.com/news/rpi-captain2010.cfm.

I didn't realize that we had an Engineer as a mascot.
                  Puckman is most definitely an Engineer. Note the hard hat.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Puckman is most definitely an Engineer. Note the hard hat.
                    good point
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post

DrD: care to renew our recent conversation about Koudys' likely draft stock?
                      He is apparently highly thought of-but it remains to be seen whether he will be a higher choice or not. I would love nothing more than to see him go early-but still suspect it will be middle rounds or later. It would surprise me if he can beat Murley's record as our earliest draft pick.
                      Last edited by DrDemento; 10-20-2010, 04:40 PM.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        He is apparently highly though of-but it remains to be seen whether he will be a higher choice or not. I would love nothing more than to see him go early-but still suspect it will be middle rounds or later. It would surprise me if he can beat Murley's record as our earliest draft pick.
                        I too would be quite surprised if he were our highest draft choice ever. Much as I would like us to get a first-round draft, I don't think he will be it. I do think that he will be drafted higher than his father (the last one chosen), and I stick by my statement that he has a very good chance of being our highest defenseman draft choice. Much will probably depend upon how he performs this season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I too would be quite surprised if he were our highest draft choice ever. Much as I would like us to get a first-round draft, I don't think he will be it. I do think that he will be drafted higher than his father (the last one chosen), and I stick by my statement that he has a very good chance of being our highest defenseman draft choice. Much will probably depend upon how he performs this season.
                          Hopefully if he vacations during the draft, he brings his cell phone along, unlike a certain RPI draft choice...

Comment

Hopefully if he vacations during the draft, he brings his cell phone along, unlike a certain RPI draft choice...
                            That other draft choice wasn't expecting to be chosen.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

IMO, This could be a telling type of weekend for RPI. League play type of set-up with Union playing same clubs. At least one opponent [RIT} looked comparable to many ECAC clubs vs Lowell this past weekend.

I am very interested to see how RPI fares compared to Union. Hoping to see us score a minimum of 3- 4 goals each night. I fear that if we score less than that and Union scores that many or more the writing may be on the wall for the offensive output we will most likely get week in and week out.

Hope Appert plays Merriam this weeend for at least one game.

Would like to see Rabbani camped out front on the PP the kid is tough to move and is willing to pay the cost for the ugly goals I feel we will need to win this year.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                                Patrick Koudys is listed on the Int'l Scouting Services (ISS) top 30 list, coming in at #28.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...s_october2010/
                                All it is future speculation. He needs to get better to be a first round draft choice. Seems like in't scouting services thinks he will.

Comment

Working...
                                X