Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Podcast to Rodger and Ken's interview with SA. Listen for the insightful question from yours truly. Hope to see some of you in Beantown tomorrow.
    http://www.foxsports980.com/podcast/Rodgerwyland.xml
    That was you!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Podcast to Rodger and Ken's interview with SA. Listen for the insightful question from yours truly. Hope to see some of you in Beantown tomorrow.
      http://www.foxsports980.com/podcast/Rodgerwyland.xml
      I think you're looking for this link. The podcast is the most recent one (Slap Schotts - Oct 14).
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        That was you!
        That was me. I'm much better looking on the radio . Was interested that Coach said Bailen might me the best newcomer to ECAC. Ralph, I hope you get to see him. He is a smaller guy but with a great game. Strong skater. SA also seemed to be encouraged by the weekend in Co.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Today is a significant date in RPI's illustrious history:

http://alloveralbany.com/archive/201...ribute-comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
            Today is a significant date in RPI's illustrious history:

http://alloveralbany.com/archive/201...ribute-comment
            I wonder what RPI was doing between 1824 and 1835.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

i love the new website!! and chase front page
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

RPI TV has released its 2010-2011 Sports Schedule:
                http://www.rpitv.org/news_updates/9-...ports-schedule

Something to consider before you buy a game on America One (formerly B2).

Note that we are not covering this weekend's game against Bentley due to football commitments, nor are we showing next weekend's game against Niagara due to undisclosable reasons (look for some RPI Athletics news regarding a TV package in the next couple days).
                RPI Class of 2012
                Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                  Thumbs up to the RPI tournament being covered by RPI TV. You all provide a great service and I really appreciate it.
                  Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    Thumbs up to the RPI tournament being covered by RPI TV. You all provide a great service and I really appreciate it.
                    They also covered it last year. Thankfully they'll be doing it again, as I'll be out here.

Comment

Note that we are not covering this weekend's game against Bentley due to football commitments, nor are we showing next weekend's game against Niagara due to undisclosable reasons (look for some RPI Athletics news regarding a TV package in the next couple days).
                      Really a great job RH. Last year's streaming on UStream was a real bonus for me. Thanks
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        They also covered it last year. Thankfully they'll be doing it again, as I'll be out here.
                        I know they covered it last year. I'm just giving them a huge thumbs up for carrying it again. I know it's hard for a lot of them since the games start the day after Thanksgiving. Personally, I'll still be in NYC while the tournament's being played. Being able to watch the games is just awesome.
                        Go Red!!

Comment

You got approval to do this without violating B2 (A1)'s exclusive which you mentioned was a problem over the summer?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            You got approval to do this without violating B2 (A1)'s exclusive which you mentioned was a problem over the summer?
                            I simply meant that you should make sure it's an RPI TV produced broadcast before buying the game on A1/B2. A1/B2 is the only only streaming partner used by RPI Athletics (and therefore RPI TV). The free Ustreams are a thing of the past; last year I wasn't president of the club and therefore could do quasi-illegitimate streams via Ustream. This year, things are unfortunately different given my position in the club. RPI Athletics and B2/A1 laid down the law, and we'll be abiding by it.

On another note, A1/B2 did increase their quality a bit during the most recent Women's broadcast, so things should look a bit better than they have in the past.
                            RPI Class of 2012
                            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Hi Ralph , i believe , on how i read this is , if you want to see the game live , you have to subscribe to america one unless your on campus , correct me if i am wrong .

"All RPI TV games are broadcast live on the RPI campus on RPI TV Campus Cable Channel 6. All games will also be provided live through online Pay-Per-View provider America One (formerly known as B2 Live TV). RPI TV productions are available for on-demand viewing at rpitv.org 12-24 hours after the live broadcast."

Comment

Originally posted by Interested View Post
                                Hi Ralph , i believe , on how i read this is , if you want to see the game live , you have to subscribe to america one unless your on campus , correct me if i am wrong .

"All RPI TV games are broadcast live on the RPI campus on RPI TV Campus Cable Channel 6. All games will also be provided live through online Pay-Per-View provider America One (formerly known as B2 Live TV). RPI TV productions are available for on-demand viewing at rpitv.org 12-24 hours after the live broadcast."
                                I simply meant that you should make sure it's an RPI TV produced broadcast before buying the game on A1/B2. A1/B2 is the only only streaming partner used by RPI Athletics (and therefore RPI TV). The free Ustreams are a thing of the past; last year I wasn't president of the club and therefore could do quasi-illegitimate streams via Ustream. This year, things are unfortunately different given my position in the club. RPI Athletics and B2/A1 laid down the law, and we'll be abiding by it.

On another note, A1/B2 did increase their quality a bit during the most recent Women's broadcast, so things should look a bit better than they have in the past.
                                Thanks for the explanation.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X