Ncha 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ncha 2010-2011

It's that time of year to talk about ncha hockey. St norbs will be the favorite who's next? Uwsp should be stronger this year and could be in the mix. Uwrf returns the leagues top scorers in calleja, brossman with the loss of czuba. St scho? Uws? Stout? Uwec?

Re: Ncha 2010-2011

it would be tough predicting the order of the league until we know the fate of stout

Comment

My prediction:

1. SNC
      2. UWRF
      3. UWSP/UWS
      4. UWS/UWSP
      5. CSS
      6. Stout (This is where I had them in July)
      7. UWEC
      Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
      2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
      2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
      2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
      "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
        My prediction:

1. SNC
        2. UWRF
        3. UWSP/UWS
        4. UWS/UWSP
        5. CSS
        6. Stout (This is where I had them in July)
        7. UWEC

I realize predicting NCHA top to bottom is a crapshoot beyond perennial favourite SNC.
        The Blugolds will visit Adrian for the Thanksgiving Invitational and I'm curious about your pre-season assumptions for positioning them at the bottom of the NCHA pack. Are they the obvious "doormat" this year ....or is there little to chose in the order of finish between the NCHA's #'s 4-7 ?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
          I realize predicting NCHA top to bottom is a crapshoot beyond perennial favourite SNC.
          The Blugolds will visit Adrian for the Thanksgiving Invitational and I'm curious about your pre-season assumptions for positioning them at the bottom of the NCHA pack. Are they the obvious "doormat" this year ....or is there little to chose in the order of finish between the NCHA's #'s 4-7 ?
          Not to speak for Wormser, at this point I'd probably put Stout last because of the turmoil they are going thru. But CSS, Stout, Eau Claire would be my bottom 3. Remember however that the last place team in the NCHA is probably 1 or 2 in the MCHA....not trying to start a flamefest, but now that Lake Forest is gone...The NCHA is solid top to bottom.
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
            Eau Claire has improved significantly under Matt Loen (and Luke Strand before him), but as the rest of the league has as well over that same span it's tough to rationalize moving them up ahead of anyone else in a predictive sense.

The Blugolds are far from a doormat, however. Very solid defensively but have had some struggles scoring at times which is partly why we haven't seen them make a leap in the NCHA standings. That should be a very interesting game over in Adrian as, again, Eau Claire is far from a pushover.
            Last edited by XYZ; 10-01-2010, 03:17 PM.
            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

1. SNC 2. UWRF 3. UWSP 4. CSS 5. UWS 6. UWEC 7. STOUT (t.k.o.) I fealt STOUT did a decent job of recuiting and would have been solid this year (3rd), but team won't be mentally tough enough to handle the NCHA schedule this year. ( Assuming they play their schedule this year.)
              Last edited by snc1; 10-01-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

1 -- SNC
                2 -- River
                3 -- Point (Assuming they cut down on their penalties). If not they drop a postion or two.
                4 -- CSS
                5 -- Sup
                6 -- Stout
                7 -- EC.
                SNC Men:
                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                SNC Women:
                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                  Eau Claire has improved significantly under Matt Loen, but as the rest of the league has as well over that same span it's tough to rationalize moving them up ahead of anyone else in a predictive sense.

The Blugolds are far from a doormat, however. Very solid defensively but have had some struggles scoring at times which is partly why we haven't seen them make a leap in the NCHA standings. That should be a very interesting game over in Adrian as, again, Eau Claire is far from a pushover.
                  The only thing I know about Eau Claire is that I have rarely been able to correctly predict their wins and losses in the Pickem pool. They seem to compete hard against everybody, including SNC. It's a pretty good indicator that they are well coached, ......which is why I'm a bit surprised they seem to be the consensus pick for last place.

Comment

Last year Eau Claire seemed very young and not prepared mentally. For the games I saw they were either skating amazingly or playing like garbage. Looking at their roster from last year 11 were freshman and 4 were sophomores. If they can play with consistency they will do well, however if they have have off nights they will not do too well.

As for my Predictions:
                    1. SNC
                    2. Point
                    3. River
                    4. CSS
                    5. EC
                    6. Soup
                    7. Stout*

*This is contingent upon how the team handles the current situation. I would put Stout as high as three as teams 3-7 are all good match-ups and the only teams I would really like to avoid, especially at home (where we play both at home twice) are SNC and Point

Comment

Having watched the league now for a few years would you all say that NCHA is the toughest league in DIII. I really wish in more preseason games you could see these teams crossover into other eastern leagues to see how they would do.

Just seems any night most teams can beat each other. The quality of players seems very high. I watch the other leagues and one maybe 2 of the teams in a league will be very competetive nationally but no other league seems to have the depth that this league has, you gotta come out skating hard every night or you will get beat. I know some years there are exceptions but consistantly the parity of the NCHA is there. It appears that many of these NCHA teams would do very well if they played in another league where in the NCHA they may end up middle of the pack.
                      Last edited by Collegeman; 10-01-2010, 06:29 PM.

Comment

For the Western teams the NCHA is the toughest and most competitive league hands down. There may be the perennial power however even they can be beat any given night and most teams keep up with them.

Nationally I think we could keep up but is a different story entirely. I think we could keep up and be very competitive however there are not enough crossovers until tournament time.

Comment

Originally posted by Collegeman View Post
                          Having watched the league now for a few years would you all say that NCHA is the toughest league in DIII. I really wish in more preseason games you could see these teams crossover into other eastern leagues to see how they would do.
                          I agree that the NCHA may be one of the toughest leagues in all of D3, however there have been cross over games almost every season between NCHA teams and stronger eastern teams. The NCHA certainly doesn't dominate the stronger Eastern teams but has also won some big games, particularly in NCAA's.

Comment

If Stout isn't allowed to play this year, does the NCHA lose its AQ since it will only have 6 teams?

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyStoutFan View Post
                              If Stout isn't allowed to play this year, does the NCHA lose its AQ since it will only have 6 teams?
                              There is a very good chance that that will happen, but if that would happen, there should be 2 Pool B bids to be allocated to the NCHA, ECAC West, and MASCAC teams.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X