Ecac-e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecac-e

Will 2010-2011 be Norwich and it does not matter since they have no chance earning an at large bid? Seriously those who know, any insight into this year? Recruits, returning players, coaches? Will the ECAC-E leave NESCAC glad they will only play themselves in 2011-2012 and beyond?

Re: Ecac-e

Originally posted by reggiedunlop View Post
    ...and it does not matter since they have no chance earning an at large bid?
    Um, what?
    2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
    2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
    2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
    Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
      Um, what?
      As defending DIII champs, it seems from the posts that Norwich is a lock to repeat as ECAC-E regular season champs and win the ECAC-E tournament and thus earn the AQ, leaving the other 9 teams to work hard for an at-large bid. Does anyone see a potential ECAC-E team ousting Norwich in the regular season or in the tournament, or earning an at-large berth?
      Last edited by reggiedunlop; 10-01-2010, 12:37 AM. Reason: omitted a word

Comment

Originally posted by reggiedunlop View Post
        As defending DIII champs, it seems from the posts that Norwich is a lock to repeat as ECAC-E regular season champs and win the ECAC-E tournament and thus earn the AQ, leaving the other 9 teams to work hard for an at-large bid. Does anyone see a potential ECAC-E team ousting Norwich in the regular season or in the tournament, or earning an at-large berth?
        Nope, no other team has a chance!!!!

Comment

Because the ECAC-E is not stratified into haves and have nots AND has the Interlock, it is extremely difficult for anyone except the tournament champion to get an at-large.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Because the ECAC-E is not stratified into haves and have nots AND has the Interlock, it is extremely difficult for anyone except the tournament champion to get an at-large.
            With the exception that a Norwich team that loses in the playoffs can have a shot...
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I certainly agree that Norwich is the favorite and as defending National Champ deserves all of the accolades that come with it. I also agree with the Interlock it is difficult for any of the East teams to get an at large bid unless they have a truely remarkable season. That being said I watched Babson play the Cadets very tough twice last year. A 3-3 tie in which Norwich had to pull its goalie to score in the final seconds and a very competitive ECAC-E championship game up at Norwich. Babson returns two excellent goalies, most of its top forwards and will need to get big years out of some freshmen defense but in a one game scenario like the ECAC -E tournament, they could steal one from a heavily favored Cadets even in their barn. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaver Believer View Post
                I certainly agree that Norwich is the favorite and as defending National Champ deserves all of the accolades that come with it.
                All of the accolades that come with it.
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

There are a lot of teams in the east that appear to have good recruiting classes. Castleton recruited a lot of talent but who knows if they will be productive until the first game. NEC was down a little last year but the Sweeden B team could suprise. Norwich has lot of talent but the goalie position will be a question mark until after the Primelink with two high school goalies on the roster. Southern Maine, Babson, Skidmore, and UMass Boston are always tough. St. A's was very competitive last year and has a good program. Norwich should be considered the favorite but after that anyone could suprise. I am guessing the east will do very well in the interlock especially if Castleton proves to be a force this year.
                  Last edited by hawk; 10-01-2010, 01:13 PM.
                  2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                  2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                    Nope, no other team has a chance!!!!
                    Sarcasm doesn't play well on these boards...If you look at Norwich's games last year I think the ECAC East gave them good games...

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                      There are a lot of teams in the east that appear to have good recruiting classes. Castleton recruited a lot of talent but who knows if they will be productive until the first game. NEC was down a little last year but the Sweeden B team could suprise. Norwich has lot of talent but the goalie position will be a question mark until after the Primelink with two high school goalies on the roster. Southern Maine, Babson, Skidmore, and UMass Boston are always tough. St. A's was very competitive last year and has a good program. Norwich should be considered the favorite but after that anyone could suprise. I am guessing the east will do very well in the interlock especially if Castleton proves to be a force this year.
                      My disdain for Castleton prohibits me from hoping they win any games...I would be pleased with a 0-26 season for the mighty Spartans...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                        Sarcasm doesn't play well on these boards...If you look at Norwich's games last year I think the ECAC East gave them good games...
                        Nah, some of us read your statement as an affirmation of the eternal truth
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I agree I beleive the East will be a three horse race with Norwich and Castleton in the Final.

Originally posted by hawk View Post

Comment

Originally posted by scoopnroll View Post
                            I agree I beleive the East will be a three horse race with Norwich and Castleton in the Final.
                            Well that's a shame....

Comment

I somewhat agree with the Norwich pick,although, the goalie situation is unclear.the goalie,last year, made the difference,so we'll see.
                              What is the behind the support for Castleton? 9-12-5 last year, and now challenging for the top?
                              Babson should be in the mix,and although St.A's can't be in the tournament,
                              they lost 2 players from last year's team,the ECACE player of the year is back, and had a solid recruiting year.they could be a spoiler.

Comment

Working...
                              X