ECAC East 2010-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC East 2010-11

Hey so i see everyone is making threads on the individual team and conference, so i figured lets start a ECAC East thread. This conference is really starting to become up and coming. Look at Norwich, finished third last year and they were a finalist in the NCAA Tournament. Mville is always a top team. Just read Plymouth State's page and they are rebuilding.... anyone think this conference should get two bids, stinks that teams like Mville, Norwich and even New England College have to battle for one spot for an NCAA bid...

Re: ECAC East 2010-11

Originally posted by davemaloneyisgod View Post
    Hey so i see everyone is making threads on the individual team and conference, so i figured lets start a ECAC East thread. This conference is really starting to become up and coming. Look at Norwich, finished third last year and they were a finalist in the NCAA Tournament. Mville is always a top team. Just read Plymouth State's page and they are rebuilding.... anyone think this conference should get two bids, stinks that teams like Mville, Norwich and even New England College have to battle for one spot for an NCAA bid...
    The ECAC West and NESCAC teams get a huge SOS spike over the ECAC East teams because of how quickly the league drops off after Norwich/Manhattanville as far as D-III teams are concerned.

Norwich is playing one heck of a OOC schedule this year though. Should be interesting to see where their SOS ranks come the end of the season with RIT, Elmira, Plattsburgh (2), Middlebury, Amherst, and Trinity all on the schedule. You can't get a better OOC than that.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by davemaloneyisgod View Post
      You want the ECAC-East to receive 2 of the 7 DIII women's post season bids??? I would be happy just getting enough new programs to have the NC$$ expand the tournament to 8 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
        You want the ECAC-East to receive 2 of the 7 DIII women's post season bids??? I would be happy just getting enough new programs to have the NC$$ expand the tournament to 8 teams.
        Another big problem for the ECAC East is that three of their member teams or not even Division III schools (Holy Cross, St. A's, and St. Mike's). I do not believe that games played against those schools count in the eyes of the NCAA when computing strength of schedule and the like...

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
          I think the point is if 2 ECAC east teams are worthy of NCAA tournament consideration they shouldn't get overlooked. The league is now at a point where it should receive consideration. Norwich e M'Ville equally as strong as any 1 or 2 in any other conference. Good point to that Norwich was a 3rd place team (almost 4th place) that went to National Championship game.

Comment

I get confused by the Pool B and Pool C bids, but there are invitations that schools can work towards if they are strong enough. Nescac has sent two teams. It's a bit of a long shot for the ECAC East, but I think an invitation could be possible under the right circumstances.

Comment

ECAC East will be a dogfight with Norwich,Mville,St.A's, and Holy Cross. I know HC and ST. A's cant compete in the tournament but it still makes for great league play. NEC sleeper team with one of the best goalies in the country.

ECAC mid pack teams equal to any other conference mid pack UMass Boston,NEC,Salve Regina every bit as good as the Nuemanns,Uticas,Hamilton,Conn Colleges,Colby,Lake Forest, of the world. This isn't the ECAC East of 3 or 4 years ago.

Although the bottom of the pack has a ways to go.

Comment

Here's the official "Coaches Poll." The coaches seem a bit too conservative. NEC has rightfully moved up.

Does anyone know whose coaching UMass Boston this season?

http://www.ecacdiiihockey.com/womens...s/coaches_poll

1) Norwich
                2) Manhattanville
                3) Holy Cross
                4) St Anselm
                5) NEC
                6) UMass Boston
                7) Salve Regina
                8) Southern Maine
                9) Castleton
                10) Nichols
                11) St. Michaels
                12) Plymouth State
                Last edited by futurestar; 10-22-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

UMass-Boston will be interim "coached" by Colleen Harris. Never recruited a player, coached a game or run a practice....hmm.
                  Nichols will be coached by Guy Angers....never coached womens hockey before....hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar View Post
                    UMass-Boston will be interim "coached" by Colleen Harris. Never recruited a player, coached a game or run a practice....hmm.
                    Nichols will be coached by Guy Angers....never coached womens hockey before....hmm.
                    You sure you got that right?

http://www.nicholsathletics.com/staf...f=82&path=wice

Comment

Originally posted by dontyelldad View Post

Looks like a pretty good resume to me. Does anyone know something about their recruits/freshman?

Thinking back to last year, I thought they looked pretty good. Maybe a new coach will get things going for them.

Comment

Yes, I have it right, Check the school's sports home page under "Staff Directory". Can't explain why the schools' SID's can't get it right.

Comment

That is very interesting as I know of at least 2 coaches with several years NCAA experience who inquired about this job.

Comment

I found a link from UMB about Crowell leaving for Harvard (http://www.umassmedia.com/umb-womens...vard-1.1652063)

I cannot, however, find any indication that Harris is the coach at UMB except for her name being listed in the Staff Directory. I would think that UMB would have a press release somewhere if they had named her head coach!

This is the ECAC link announcing Harris as Nichols' new coach, dated June of this year:
                            http://www.ecacdiiihockey.com/womens_east/index

Comment

Can't explain why the schools' SID's can't get it right.
                              They can't believe it either!!

Guess the music's stopped?

Comment

Working...
                              X