X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by UMZero View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Sandy?!?!????? OR did the Dr. prescribe something happy?
    You know what's amazing?.......When you can tell it like it is in both the bad times AND good times. More people should try it!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      You know what's amazing?.......When you can tell it like it is in both the bad times AND good times. More people should try it!
      I think I speak for MOST of us here when I say I hope to hear more GOOD from you this year!
      Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMZero View Post
        I think I speak for MOST of us here when I say I hope to hear more GOOD from you this year!
        I will speak for all of the maine fans and say that I hope that Maine and Whitehead give sandi something good to say.

I ain't gonna blame the messenger.

Comment

Should be interesting to see how the goaltending handles playing in Lansing.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine drops a spot to #8 after the UConn tie........UNH and BU right behind at #9 and #10. Michigan State is #20.

Comment

Not trying to stir up trouble, but...

Was I the only one who thought this past weekend's team didn't play with the kind of heart that last year's team had?

Even Friday night....there was so much good to cheer for, and as exciting as it all was, there was just something missing. It was that tenacity, that never giving up on even the most insignificant play, that willingness to give other teams hell when they're trying to clear their own zones.

Sure they played well, I'm not discrediting that. That spark, that underdog mentality....there wasn't as much FIRE. It's like they've already settled into their expectations of a high scoring team, so they're trying to overthink offensively, and not put as much effort into disrupting the other team's flow, or hustle back defensively.

When they beat UNH last year....I've never seen a team disrupting neutral zone passes, relentlessly forechecking, getting back and playing D, and UNH could never get into a rhythm.

I'll tell you what...if this year's team would play with that 'i'm fighting for ice time' mentality as a whole.....not too many teams will be successful against them! Stay modest and work hard, boys...and you'll do great!
              Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Should be interesting to see how the goaltending handles playing in Lansing.
                I go in expecting that Sirman will start Thursday, and that it is his job to lose Friday. In other words, if he plays a good or better game Thursday, then we test his ability to play two nights in a row. These games are important ones early for our eventual OOC, Road, and TUC rankings in the Pairwise. Send the message to Shawn that "If you want to be our guy....BE IT!"

The bigger question for me is what D-Man sits on Thursday. By that, I mean we're temporarily down to 7 choices (Hegarty is dinged up, and Pryor didn't get any time this weekend, so I'm guessing his chances are slim)

I think Brice O'Connor earned himself a look at how he does against a solid team on the road. For a 1st NCAA game, he impressed me Saturday.

I thought Nemec looked a little slow and rusty. He was one I saw over-thinking his every move. He is who I would sit down.

I would go Dimmen/O'Neill Van Dyk/Cornell Banwell/O'Connor
                Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post

Was I the only one who thought this past weekend's team didn't play with the kind of heart that last year's team had?

Even Friday night....there was so much good to cheer for, and as exciting as it all was, there was just something missing. It was that tenacity, that never giving up on even the most insignificant play, that willingness to give other teams hell when they're trying to clear their own zones.

Sure they played well, I'm not discrediting that. That spark, that underdog mentality....there wasn't as much FIRE. It's like they've already settled into their expectations of a high scoring team, so they're trying to overthink offensively, and not put as much effort into disrupting the other team's flow, or hustle back defensively.

When they beat UNH last year....I've never seen a team disrupting neutral zone passes, relentlessly forechecking, getting back and playing D, and UNH could never get into a rhythm.

I'll tell you what...if this year's team would play with that 'i'm fighting for ice time' mentality as a whole.....not too many teams will be successful against them! Stay modest and work hard, boys...and you'll do great!
                  We are only one weekend in, last years team certainly did not show the tenacity exhibited later in the season early on. There are new players, they have not been practicing together very long, give it time.

Comment

• Michigan State Suite Tickets Available - Fellow Maine Fans

Hi, folks.

We will be at the MSU games and have a suite for both nights. Would love to meet some fellow Maine fans. If you are making the trip and would like to join us, please drop me an email at maryclimbin36@hotmail.com. The tickets are 50.00 each, which is considerably more than the 20.00 the Spantan ticket office is charging, but it will be comfy.

Comment

I think you have selective memory, didn't see alot of heart in the final series against UMass or in many other games last year. You certainly won't see Maine winning HE playing like they did. UNH and BU beat good teams away from home, Maine ties UConn. Its a long season and it just started, the next 2 weeks will tell us alot
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

"I go in expecting that Sirman will start Thursday, and that it is his job to lose Friday. In other words, if he plays a good or better game Thursday, then we test his ability to play two nights in a row. These games are important ones early for our eventual OOC, Road, and TUC rankings in the Pairwise. Send the message to Shawn that "If you want to be our guy....BE IT!""

Honestly, Sirman already won the job, and i think it will take more than one sub par game to lose it permanently. I can envision a scenario where he doesn't get the start on friday night if he plays poorly thursday however.

I personally thought that his movement was much better last friday night, however i am still concerned with his rebound control. something to work on, but he's made great strides since last year IMO, and with his junior pedigree it's hard to envision a scenario where he doesn't continue to grow, being pushed by ouellette (not impressed at all by sullivan, who i see as the definitive #3).

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          Maine drops a spot to #8 after the UConn tie........UNH and BU right behind at #9 and #10. Michigan State is #20.
                          well, BU was number 1 at this time last season, and finished a little lower than that.

Comment

I go in expecting that Sirman will start Thursday, and that it is his job to lose Friday. In other words, if he plays a good or better game Thursday, then we test his ability to play two nights in a row. These games are important ones early for our eventual OOC, Road, and TUC rankings in the Pairwise. Send the message to Shawn that "If you want to be our guy....BE IT!"

The bigger question for me is what D-Man sits on Thursday. By that, I mean we're temporarily down to 7 choices (Hegarty is dinged up, and Pryor didn't get any time this weekend, so I'm guessing his chances are slim)

I think Brice O'Connor earned himself a look at how he does against a solid team on the road. For a 1st NCAA game, he impressed me Saturday.

I thought Nemec looked a little slow and rusty. He was one I saw over-thinking his every move. He is who I would sit down.

I would go Dimmen/O'Neill Van Dyk/Cornell Banwell/O'Connor
                            I would agree with your D selections except O'Connor, Hegarty will be ready and should play in that spot. Maine needs the experience on the ice in a hostile environment at the Munn. O'Connor made a rookie mistake against U-Conn resulting in a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                              I would agree with your D selections except O'Connor, Hegarty will be ready and should play in that spot. Maine needs the experience on the ice in a hostile environment at the Munn. O'Connor made a rookie mistake against U-Conn resulting in a goal.
                              If the experimentation stops on the penalty killing unit would be a first good step. Why have your smallest forwards out on the penalty kill? I think you need more size and speed all around on this unit if you are to succeed in this department.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                                If the experimentation stops on the penalty killing unit would be a first good step. Why have your smallest forwards out on the penalty kill? I think you need more size and speed all around on this unit if you are to succeed in this department.
                                It will. Against Lowell it was a blowout so what better time to try some different stuff. Same thing against UConn (not a blowout but....). I don't blame Timmy for trying some new combos in those 1st 2 games. Now it's time to get serious tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X