This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
    Sully or Sirman it really doesn't matter. If Maine can't get the puck in the net they don't have a chance in the game.

Right now I don't see our goalie situation any better than it was a year ago.
    This is an interesting time to compare the two.

Personal addictions and conduct aside, Darling would still (likely) be our best option if we were choosing between all 4. That statement is a vote for last year's situation. But last year's Sirman is no match for this year's Sirman, and, the playoff run aside, Sullivan'splay inspires more confidence than Dave Wilson.

If I had to rank the "6" goalies as of this date and time (very much subject to change) I would go

1. 2009's Darling
    2. 2010's Sullivan
    3. 2010's Sirman
    4. 2009's Wilson
    5. 2010's Ouellette
    6. 2009's Sirman

so in my book you get numbers 1, 4 and 6 on one side, and 2, 3 and 5 on the other.

Do you want the group with #1 or the group that looks a little deeper? The wildcard being, what Ouellette can contribute remains to be fully seen.

Interesting stuff! Hope they give a good game today! Go Blue!

Comment

• Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
      Maybe start disquising the softpass play from Van Dyke to Abbott for the one timer ready to be blocked. Maine needs a big body in front of the net to create HAVOC. Let's get messy and pound the front of the net.
      And during the regular shifts put forth a better effort of forechecking and crashing the net.
      The boys should just go out there and take the game rather than hanging around.........................
      I agree that Maine's power play has lost a lot if unpredictability.

In terms of a bigger body to claw around the crease: I smell an opportunity of one of the freshmen...Anthoine and Corkum are physically strong young kids who welcome physical play! Let them put it to good use!

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
        I agree that Maine's power play has lost a lot if unpredictability.

In terms of a bigger body to claw around the crease: I smell an opportunity of one of the freshmen...Anthoine and Corkum are physically strong young kids who welcome physical play! Let them put it to good use!
        This has been a issue for the last couple of years,getting SOMEONE in front of the net...so far the one with the gut's has been Joey Diamond,he takes the pounding and just keeps on ticking...he plays like a 6'4"....but like you said I see Anthoine being a good fit there...he has no fear either and the kid has been a pleasant surprise to the line-up so far,he's the type that will do anything for the good of the team.

Comment

Hope Sully gets the start today, hate to see him pulled because of a bad start
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by gusforhobey89 View Post
            Debbie Downer ....2 days ago everyone was praising the goaltending...1 bad game and already ur on their case? BC's a dammm good team all around and Sully's a freshman, let's give it some time. He's only gonna learn and get better from these tough games eh?
            "Everyone" wasn't praising the goaltending. I was hopeful at best and very concerned we threw someone in the number 1 spot after a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              This has been a issue for the last couple of years,getting SOMEONE in front of the net...so far the one with the gut's has been Joey Diamond,he takes the pounding and just keeps on ticking...he plays like a 6'4"....but like you said I see Anthoine being a good fit there...he has no fear either and the kid has been a pleasant surprise to the line-up so far,he's the type that will do anything for the good of the team.
              it has nothing to do with guts.
              it is the gameplan to have one more man on a loose puck than the opponent. Did you see the McNeeley goal on Friday night? Maine had 4 men on the puck in their defensive zone.
              In the offensive zone, they outnumber the opponent on a loose puck, no matter what. Makes no sense.

as for the PP, yeah, it always predictable, if I can predict what they are going to do, game after game, I am pretty sure Jerry York can. HeknowsEvenMore

Last, I was not surprised with the game on Friday.
              Maine had trouble with NU,
              tied and lost to a number 20 team(MSU)
              tied UConn
              had trouble with UVM (a winless team at the time)
              trounced UND 5 on4 because UND refused to stop playing playoff hockey and because they had just flown to and from Alaska

let's see how Timmy can rally the troops and motivate them to come back against a great coach and a good team, I hope he can do it. HOPE

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
                This is an interesting time to compare the two.

Personal addictions and conduct aside, Darling would still (likely) be our best option if we were choosing between all 4. That statement is a vote for last year's situation. But last year's Sirman is no match for this year's Sirman, and, the playoff run aside, Sullivan'splay inspires more confidence than Dave Wilson.

If I had to rank the "6" goalies as of this date and time (very much subject to change) I would go

1. 2009's Darling
                2. 2010's Sullivan
                3. 2010's Sirman
                4. 2009's Wilson
                5. 2010's Ouellette
                6. 2009's Sirman

so in my book you get numbers 1, 4 and 6 on one side, and 2, 3 and 5 on the other.

Do you want the group with #1 or the group that looks a little deeper? The wildcard being, what Ouellette can contribute remains to be fully seen.

Interesting stuff! Hope they give a good game today! Go Blue!
                In no way would I vote for last year. The positive is Sirman is better than last year. Sully is a little better and he should improve with experience.

Oullette shouldn't be on your list.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  it has nothing to do with guts.
                  it is the gameplan to have one more man on a loose puck than the opponent. Did you see the McNeeley goal on Friday night? Maine had 4 men on the puck in their defensive zone.
                  In the offensive zone, they outnumber the opponent on a loose puck, no matter what. Makes no sense.

as for the PP, yeah, it always predictable, if I can predict what they are going to do, game after game, I am pretty sure Jerry York can. HeknowsEvenMore

Last, I was not surprised with the game on Friday.
                  Maine had trouble with NU,
                  tied and lost to a number 20 team(MSU)
                  tied UConn
                  had trouble with UVM (a winless team at the time)
                  trounced UND 5 on4 because UND refused to stop playing playoff hockey and because they had just flown to and from Alaska

let's see how Timmy can rally the troops and motivate them to come back against a great coach and a good team, I hope he can do it. HOPE
                  ...Guts...Maybe NOT...just common Hockey sense...and wins are wins...ugly/lucky whatever they go in the W column for the team as well as it goes to the oppositions column...but then what do I know..? Your the Know it All.

Comment

Sully gets the start, good

Dimmen out till Florida Tourney, which sucks but they need him to get healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Sully gets the start, good

Dimmen out till Florida Tourney, which sucks but they need him to get healthy.
                      I guess its a good thing we only have four HE games until then. Hopefully, we can be back to full strength the first of the year.

Comment

Another lost weekend at Conte. Maine has 2 weeks to get a PP that can score without Dimmen and O'Neill on the points.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Another lost weekend at Conte. Maine has 2 weeks to get a PP that can score without Dimmen and O'Neill on the points.
                          I'm not sure what is most concerning the 0/12 on the PP or BC going 3/7 on the PP? The PK has been poor all year and is going to really get exposed playing good teams like BC or anybody for that matter as UConn had 2 against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                            I'm not sure what is most concerning the 0/12 on the PP or BC going 3/7 on the PP? The PK has been poor all year and is going to really get exposed playing good teams like BC or anybody for that matter as UConn had 2 against them.
                            Both are important and neither is good right now

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                              I'd vote for the 0/12.

Comment

• Cheer up Mainers, the Bowdoin College Field Hockey Team just won the NCAA DIII National Championship...

Comment

Working...
                                X