X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    without having seen it, here are my thoughts...

first goal was while bc was on a 5 on 3 powerplay on a shot that was deflected... can't really fault him on that one...
    second goal was on sullivan... tried to headman the puck and put right to gibbons...
    third one sounded like a bad turnover by maine leading to a quick shot...
    fourth - was again on the powerplay which imo cannot be blamed on a goaltender unless it is something egregious...
    first goal: correct. hard crisp pass across the crease on the tape. No shot needed... make contact with the puck and it's a goal. Great pass. Not on Sully.
    second goal: correct. on Sullivan.
    third goal: save, rebound, save... err, trickle in through pads.
    fourth goal: I don't think Suliivan ever saw it. Hard wrister.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      thanks... sounded from the maine broadcast that he picked off an attempted clear off of a rebound and put it in... i forgot that it squeaked through him

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        On the third goal, Atkinson's shot got blocked by the defenseman diving across but he slid past the play after he blocked it and it dropped right back onto Atkinson's stick who now had a shooting lane. Technically Sullivan never really made a save since the one shot went into the net eventually on the trickle. I still don't know if it went five hole or if it went under his right arm.

edit - video on bceagles is up. Definitely seems like the Atkinson goal was underneath his blocker arm and went in on the richochet. Mullane's goal is confirmed with 2 Maine players and 1 BC player screening Sullivan. Carey's goal might have been a tip of a backdoor pass that was not intended for him. I can't believe that Maine defenseman swept the puck away on Dumoulin's wide open net in the 3rd. Wow.
        Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 11-19-2010, 11:09 PM.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          On the third goal, Atkinson's shot got blocked by the defenseman skating through but he overskated the play after he blocked it and it dropped right back onto Atkinson's stick who now had a shooting lane. Technically Sullivan never really made a save since the one shot went into the net eventually on the trickle. I still don't know if it went five hole or if it went under his right arm.

We'll have to see if the video is clear when BC puts it up on the website.
          video is up on bc's site... d-man does block the shot and atkinson's second effort slips through... little bit of traffic in front on the rebound... looks like the puck may have jumped on nyquist as he went to his backhand on the penalty shot....

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
            video is up on bc's site... d-man does block the shot and atkinson's second effort slips through... little bit of traffic in front on the rebound... looks like the puck may have jumped on nyquist as he went to his backhand on the penalty shot....
            His move wasn't all that bad, when he went to his first move he should have gone five-hole when he brought it back as he had Muse opened up a bit. Still not a great effort from Gus.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Well,whatever...

I ain't gonna look it up,but when was the last time somebody swept BC at Conte?(Yes,I realize that everyone else plays home-and-home in HE aside from Maine,but still...)I would have been delighted with a split,even if it was offered to me last night.

Maine is still pretty suspect in their own zone.I'm thinking that they're a NCAA team,but I don't think that they're gonna make much of a splash until next year,and only then if the 'tending is better than average.

And if it is,watch out...Timmy can get one with this group of forwards,and better housekeeping.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                Now we get to see whether this Maine coaching staff is worth a ....
                Thats just too easy

Was it Diimens anlkle that got tweaked? If so let the guy take a few weeks off as he has been battling that for months.

Not shocked they lost, not shocked they got blown off the ice. BC is a battled tested team and Maine isn't. All is not lost, they have a chance to split on Sunday. I'd play Sully again
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Was it Diimens anlkle that got tweaked? If so let the guy take a few weeks off as he has been battling that for months
                  unfortunately, it was his ankle.... whitehead said that he would be sitting out sunday's game according to lenzi and according to larry, o'connor will take is place
                  Last edited by gscott13; 11-20-2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

hopefully this one wakes em up a bit. pretty much a snoozer. i would go with sullivan again too. the power play better get its act together. abbott can get a shot through. maybe try something different, eh? lookin a little moldy.
                    Buzzy

Comment

Unfortunately, BC "owns Maine" in recent games. According to Larry BC is 6-0-1 at Conte in the last 7 contests. In the last 16 games at Conte BC is 11-2-3. Time for a Maine win on Sunday.

Comment

FYI, the recap got fixed so the gallery shows now - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2010/11/19/bc-blanks-maine/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBear8 View Post
                          hopefully this one wakes em up a bit. pretty much a snoozer. i would go with sullivan again too. the power play better get its act together. abbott can get a shot through. maybe try something different, eh? lookin a little moldy.
                          I wouldn't expect much out of the power play with Dimmen and O'Neill out. I do expect a little more discipline
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBear8 View Post
                            Sully or Sirman it really doesn't matter. If Maine can't get the puck in the net they don't have a chance in the game.

Right now I don't see our goalie situation any better than it was a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                              Sully or Sirman it really doesn't matter. If Maine can't get the puck in the net they don't have a chance in the game.

Right now I don't see our goalie situation any better than it was a year ago.
                              Debbie Downer ....2 days ago everyone was praising the goaltending...1 bad game and already ur on their case? BC's a dammm good team all around and Sully's a freshman, let's give it some time. He's only gonna learn and get better from these tough games eh?
                              PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I wouldn't expect much out of the power play with Dimmen and O'Neill out. I do expect a little more discipline
                                Maybe start disquising the softpass play from Van Dyke to Abbott for the one timer ready to be blocked. Maine needs a big body in front of the net to create HAVOC. Let's get messy and pound the front of the net.
                                And during the regular shifts put forth a better effort of forechecking and crashing the net.
                                The boys should just go out there and take the game rather than hanging around.........................

Comment

Working...
                                X